Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I would totally draft Lamar Jackson at the right spot and just import a system that best fits him, even if it's college cheese. BPA.

Live with the 5 year lifespan.
    I would too, just not in the top ten. My opinion is fluid however

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Rosen isn't so great under pressure and shows little to no enthusiasm or fire when he plays. I am liking Ferguson the more I watch and research him. I'd like to see Denver make a run at Alex Smith if he becomes available and he might then draft one of these younger guys. We'll need a couple of options given this team has shown it is clueless on how to build an OL.

Good read here that analyzes all the top college QB's in one place:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/st...ports-pro-fits

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I would totally draft Lamar Jackson at the right spot and just import a system that best fits him, even if it's college cheese. BPA.

Live with the 5 year lifespan.
    The NFL tried that decades ago. It was called the run and shoot offense. Like all other fad offenses, it sputtered out after a few years. Bottom line is that you have to be able to run the football in the NFL. Spread offenses don't allow for long term success in the run game. I do think that someone will come up with a hybrid offense eventually. Now that I think of it, the West Coast Offense was considered a fad offense at one time. Disregard.

5. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just no to Jackson please. Ugh, please no.....

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I remember a few years ago i was looking at the most accurate QB's who were coming into the NFL draft and i remember the top two listed were RGIII and Russell Wilson (Wilson being #1). I dont remember where Cousins was ranked at that time but so far his NFL career he has looked legit to me especially after torching our No Fly Zone. But i went and looked at completion percentages of some of the prospects this year and when it came to accuracy this was how the list fell, a surprise to me in some cases so i may be swaying off the Rosen train if this truly the case. They are numbered according to how they fell on the list,

1. Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)

3. Jake Browning (jr) (a guy i think MO was talking about) (Washington)

24. Sam Darnold (USC)

82. Josh Allen (Wyoming)

52. Lamar Jackson (louisville)

71. Drew Lock (Missouri)

6. Luke Falk (Washington St)

15. Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma St.)

7. Jarrett Sidham (Auburn)

33. Josh Rosen (UCLA)

There are more rankings but i took the top 9 prospects given by Walters.
    Last edited by Northman; 12-29-2017 at 06:19 PM.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The NFL tried that decades ago. It was called the run and shoot offense. Like all other fad offenses, it sputtered out after a few years. Bottom line is that you have to be able to run the football in the NFL. Spread offenses don't allow for long term success in the run game. I do think that someone will come up with a hybrid offense eventually. Now that I think of it, the West Coast Offense was considered a fad offense at one time. Disregard.
    Wasn’t the run and shoot more of a passing spread offense? The only two quarterbacks I really remember running it with success in the NFL were Testeverde in Baltimore and Moon in Houston, and they weren’t running quarterbacks

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Didnt Atlanta with Jeff George and Detroit with Sanders run the run and shoot?

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You can run out of the shotgun. It’s a myth that it’s not possible or sustainable.

I miss Jaded.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I remember a few years ago i was looking at the most accurate QB's who were coming into the NFL draft and i remember the top two listed were RGIII and Russell Wilson (Wilson being #1). I dont remember where Cousins was ranked at that time but so far his NFL career he has looked legit to me especially after torching our No Fly Zone. But i went and looked at completion percentages of some of the prospects this year and when it came to accuracy this was how the list fell, a surprise to me in some cases so i may be swaying off the Rosen train if this truly the case. They are numbered according to how they fell on the list,

1. Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)

3. Jake Browning (jr) (a guy i think MO was talking about) (Washington)

24. Sam Darnold (USC)

82. Josh Allen (Wyoming)

52. Lamar Jackson (louisville)

71. Drew Lock (Missouri)

6. Luke Falk (Washington St)

15. Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma St.)

7. Jarrett Sidham (Auburn)

33. Josh Rosen (UCLA)

There are more rankings but i took the top 9 prospects given by Walters.
    lol, josh allen. . .

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You can run out of the shotgun. It’s a myth that it’s not possible or sustainable.

I miss Jaded.
    Mo, there's a difference between running out of the shotgun and trying to run out of a pure spread offense. I miss Rev.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Didnt Atlanta with Jeff George and Detroit with Sanders run the run and shoot?
    Yeah, the Chargers tried it as well.

17. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mo, there's a difference between running out of the shotgun and trying to run out of a pure spread offense. I miss Rev.
    Is there?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Sam Darnold sucks

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

What did the Bills run with Kelly during their SB years?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information