Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If we're trading back, Buffalo is my preferred choice because they have two picks in this years draft, them and the Patriots. If we're trading back, I want two first rounders in THIS draft. This draft class is very deep in several positions, I'd prefer we have the best shot possible to land multiple 1st round starters.
    Patriots have 23 and 31 though. You’re blowing past all the upper level talent to move down that far.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Patriots have 23 and 31 though. You’re blowing past all the upper level talent to move down that far.
    NE would have to give up a lot more simply because the odds of them having a high pick next year are slim and most wouldn't accept 23, 31 and the 2019 first rounder to move back that far. There would have to be extras in rounds 2 and 3 thrown in. With Buffalo, Miami or Arizona you can take that gamble because it's more likely they have a worse year than NE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    After thinking about this for a while, I'm OK if Denver drafts either draft Rosen or Allen, if Denver goes with a QB. Rosen at worse will be solid starter and can play from the pocket and control complex offense. Allen, who is higher risk, feels to me like a young Brett Farve. If the coaching staff can settle him down, let him understand that a short dump off for 3 yards is good as strike for 25, he has a chance to be very good player. I have just have a feeling that Allen once he get it will be really amazing player, to many plays for the last years show me that he can play in the NFL.
    I don't know if Allen is unwilling to take dump off passes, but I have heard that the offense he ran at Wyoming didn't incorporate much of short passing gaming. Some analyst said that Allen threw total of eight screen passes for entire season.

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't know if Allen is unwilling to take dump off passes, but I have heard that the offense he ran at Wyoming didn't incorporate much of short passing gaming. Some analyst said that Allen threw total of eight screen passes for entire season.
    I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt since he has looked better in the Senior Bowl and everything since then. Working with professionals appears to have helped him, but a lot of guys have looked good this time of the year. I've heard the argument about the offense he played in and the talent he had around him, but he also played against lesser talent and looking at tape...Wyoming didn't exactly implement a "9 route or nothing" type of passing game. I watched some video on him that had 33 pass plays. In 24 of them, there were routes run under 10 yards.

I'm 50/50 on him and I like the other 3 better right now, but I'd hope for the best if we drafted him. The bonus being we could groom him for 2 years to make sure he's ready.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Allen's completion % since jr high has always been trash. He makes bad decisions aplenty. Doubt he'll change too much now.

8. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt since he has looked better in the Senior Bowl and everything since then. Working with professionals appears to have helped him, but a lot of guys have looked good this time of the year. I've heard the argument about the offense he played in and the talent he had around him, but he also played against lesser talent and looking at tape...Wyoming didn't exactly implement a "9 route or nothing" type of passing game. I watched some video on him that had 33 pass plays. In 24 of them, there were routes run under 10 yards.

I'm 50/50 on him and I like the other 3 better right now, but I'd hope for the best if we drafted him. The bonus being we could groom him for 2 years to make sure he's ready.
    We shall see what the Broncos do. I just read somewhere in here that Denver entertained calls from others the Bill among them about trading for the 5th pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I stand by my statements that he needs to be structured offense that like Shanahan's or Mike/Gary's coaching tree that limits the reads and the adjustments he needs to make. I think Rosen is the best QB in this draft class but I don't like fact that he can't get a out of the pocket, if a plays breaks down, and make a play on the run. That why I like Allen more. Darnold also has that ability but the turnovers and not going 3 plus in college is concern for me.

I think Bates at the Jets might be Allen's best choices as coach if wants success in the NFL.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post

The guy overthrew a giant net like 10 yards away. Completely air balled it. When the shit gets real, he is going to go back to his old ways. He did make a ton of plays and did better in the senior bowl than Mayfield. I still am not sure about him. I do not think he will be able to do it.

Then again.....I like chad kelly better than darnold, so what the hell do I know.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The guy overthrew a giant net like 10 yards away. Completely air balled it. When the shit gets real, he is going to go back to his old ways. He did make a ton of plays and did better in the senior bowl than Mayfield. I still am not sure about him. I do not think he will be able to do it.

Then again.....I like chad kelly better than darnold, so what the hell do I know.
    Do you want that answer chronologically, or alphabetically? Either way it's going to take a long time.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-24-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Ok, but I really care what that guy, nor does it mean he's correct.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I still don't understand the love. Too many Leaf and Boller examples to justify taking him so early. I'm not a huge Jackson guy, but his #s vs superior competition are better. Probably why I'm not a scout.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm very much warming up to the idea of trading down/trading back into the 1st and getting Lamar Jackson.

As far as the big 4 go, Rosen is obviously the best but he's gonna be gone. Darnold is kindof the safe option. Allen and Baker are the ones with the biggest bust possibility, but if we don't have a chance to get Rosen/Darnold then I would prefer we not get a "first tier" QB. But if we're gonna get a top QB, it seems like it's gonna have to be in the mid-late first round. So I'm hoping we get the Bills 1st round picks.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'm very much warming up to the idea of trading down/trading back into the 1st and getting Lamar Jackson.

As far as the big 4 go, Rosen is obviously the best but he's gonna be gone. Darnold is kindof the safe option. Allen and Baker are the ones with the biggest bust possibility, but if we don't have a chance to get Rosen/Darnold then I would prefer we not get a "first tier" QB. But if we're gonna get a top QB, it seems like it's gonna have to be in the mid-late first round. So I'm hoping we get the Bills 1st round picks.
    I vote no on Jackson.

Also, signs point to Rosen potentially being available at five ... and us not taking him anyway.

19. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Read that. But I still think they try to move up to #4 first and if QB is definitely in their sights, maybe to 12-15 for Jackson. Assuming they think THAT highly of him. And I say 12-15 because Miami, SD and Arizona really like him, too.
    A Broncos fan that thinks it’s plausible that the P*triots (with Tom ******* Brady) will trade up for a QB.

I still can’t over this.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information