Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    He's a milennial who questions things and doesn't just assume the status quo. It can be good or bad, especially in the NFL. We're about to find out which.
    If a coach can't deal with a guy who memorized a playbook in under a week and wants to know why things are done, your coach is pretty dubious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I wouldn't mind a QB who asks VJ what the **** is he talking about.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If a coach can't deal with a guy who memorized a playbook in under a week and wants to know why things are done, your coach is pretty dubious.
    People keep talking about Rosen like he has rare intelligence. Allen was around 10 points better than him on the wonderlich. It's great that he wants to understand but some players are able to connect the dots withouth being spoonfed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 7alpha30 View Post
    People keep talking about Rosen like he has rare intelligence. Allen was around 10 points better than him on the wonderlich. It's great that he wants to understand but some players are able to connect the dots withouth being spoonfed everything.
    Your argument has a presumption that wonderlic is football intelligence in its entirety. It's great that he wants to understand the game in its entirety, and because he memorized a playbook in a week, and has an eclectic approach to the game, it's a huge plus. Furthermore, there's no basis for him being "spoonfed," anything - understanding the game in its entirety, and trying to get to that point isn't being spoonfed. That's actually more work, the exact opposite.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Wonderlic test is pointless. It represents everything that is flawed about the combine.

Here you have this opportunity to measure what matters to winning NFL championships, and what do they do? Ask you to match shapes and unscramble words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Allen doing the best is an interesting data point.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Your argument has a presumption that wonderlic is football intelligence in its entirety. It's great that he wants to understand the game in its entirety, and because he memorized a playbook in a week, and has an eclectic approach to the game, it's a huge plus. Furthermore, there's no basis for him being "spoonfed," anything - understanding the game in its entirety, and trying to get to that point isn't being spoonfed. That's actually more work, the exact opposite.
    But his intelligence and "curiosity" need to be within the parameters of the coaching and ownership's expextations and desires. Some see his questioning of things as willingness to learn. Others see it as an affront to the establishment. Intelligence in a vacuum is obviously a wonderful thing. But he won't live or play in a vaccuum. The eagerness to learn cannot take away from the team and It's goals.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    But his intelligence and "curiosity" need to be within the parameters of the coaching and ownership's expextations and desires. Some see his questioning of things as willingness to learn. Others see it as an affront to the establishment. Intelligence in a vacuum is obviously a wonderful thing. But he won't live or play in a vaccuum. The eagerness to learn cannot take away from the team and It's goals.
    If someone takes that as an affront to the establishment then I know a lot about them as a franchise - and they'll likely be stuck picking at the spots where you can get a Rosen.

He'll be a football player, same as he's always been. If he's good and helps a team win, people will 'follow' him. It'll be what it'll be - I hope we can get him, and I'll root for him unless his success is detrimental to ours.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The Wonderlic test is pointless. It represents everything that is flawed about the combine.

Here you have this opportunity to measure what matters to winning NFL championships, and what do they do? Ask you to match shapes and unscramble words.
    It's no more flawed than the rest of the combine
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It's no more flawed than the rest of the combine
    Slim I challenge you to a cigar combine.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Slim I challenge you to a cigar combine.
    I can suck a stick with the best of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I can suck a stick with the best of them.
    We'll see how many reps you got.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Without knowing or looking it up, do you think it's possible Andrew Luck got 19 or lower on his wonderlich?

Without knowing or looking it up, do you think it's possible Andrew Luck got 19 or lower on his wonderlich?
    Is it possible? Yes it's possible - he could have fallen asleep during the test, for instance.

If someone takes that as an affront to the establishment then I know a lot about them as a franchise - and they'll likely be stuck picking at the spots where you can get a Rosen.

He'll be a football player, same as he's always been. If he's good and helps a team win, people will 'follow' him. It'll be what it'll be - I hope we can get him, and I'll root for him unless his success is detrimental to ours.
    But will management see it necessary to replace those who refuse to follow him with those who "fit in." Or will Rosen be able to win respect of accomplished veteran players without creating too many cringe worthy moments due to being a needy millennial. Some players on a given team have previously played on winning teams before he came around.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information