Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    As we know...I'm partial to Nelson. That said, I'm cool with anyone within reason who fills a need. Won't be mad at QB but if we get one, I just hope we aren't settling?
    Nelson, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick...to a lesser extent Barkley. I'm good with any from that list. I'm pretty sure Darnold is gone by 5, so the only QB I'm on board with is Mayfield. Unless we trade back, then I'm good with Rudolph.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I don't pretend to know which QB will pan out. They all have flaws. 1 day I'm on board with Mayfield. The next, Allen and so on. I just don't wanna find out down the road that the QB we took was their last choice when we could have had the best at any other position.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Don't be so harsh on yourself.

Frey kinda favors Danny McBride in his avi.
    I suppose I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Nelson, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick...to a lesser extent Barkley. I'm good with any from that list. I'm pretty sure Darnold is gone by 5, so the only QB I'm on board with is Mayfield. Unless we trade back, then I'm good with Rudolph.
    I'm down with Mayfield Rosen and if we trade back Rudolph.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    A fat piece of shit.
    No, you look like a handsome Chris Farley.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

After thinking about this for a while, I'm OK if Denver drafts either draft Rosen or Allen, if Denver goes with a QB. Rosen at worse will be solid starter and can play from the pocket and control complex offense. Allen, who is higher risk, feels to me like a young Brett Farve. If the coaching staff can settle him down, let him understand that a short dump off for 3 yards is good as strike for 25, he has a chance to be very good player. I have just have a feeling that Allen once he get it will be really amazing player, to many plays for the last years show me that he can play in the NFL.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

8. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    After thinking about this for a while, I'm OK if Denver drafts either draft Rosen or Allen, if Denver goes with a QB. Rosen at worse will be solid starter and can play from the pocket and control complex offense. Allen, who is higher risk, feels to me like a young Brett Farve. If the coaching staff can settle him down, let him understand that a short dump off for 3 yards is good as strike for 25, he has a chance to be very good player. I have just have a feeling that Allen once he get it will be really amazing player, to many plays for the last years show me that he can play in the NFL.
    For me it's Allen or Rosen. But Rosen isn't mobile. So I think Allen is the most realistic option in terms of what the Broncos brass want. Allen is swimming upstream with certain aspects. His completion percentage at Wyoming alarms people. Unlike a QB who plays at Oklahoma, the passing windows with the athletes at Wyoming aren't what they are at a place like Oklahoma. Plus, as it's been revealed in the lead up to the draft, Wyoming doesn't throw 10 screens a game like Oklahoma. So when you take this in to consideration, the completion percentage of Mayfield (70%) and Josh Allen (56%) shrinks a lot.

But the bigger thing is that Josh Allen is both a late bloomer and a guy who came from the middle of nowhere. When people invoke the completion % issue, it's not really for situations involving a prospect who had to overcome both realities.

BTW, Josh Allen had a 37 on his wonderlich. It may mean something. Or maybe it doesnt. But it's a big difference between him and the other 3.

10. The Following User High Fived 7alpha30 For This Post:

There are a million analytic studies that adjust for all sorts of things related to accuracy and Allen is low on all of them. He’s not accurate. Period. You’re taking a huge risk if you think he’s suddenly going to get more accurate against tougher competition

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trade back with Buffalo and draft Saquan at 12 and Rosen at 21, because they’re sliding.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

And fetch me a steak sammich while you’re at it

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And fetch me a steak sammich while you’re at it
    would you like margarine on that?

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    There are a million analytic studies that adjust for all sorts of things related to accuracy and Allen is low on all of them. He’s not accurate. Period. You’re taking a huge risk if you think he’s suddenly going to get more accurate against tougher competition
    Allen has said he had bad footwork during the season and that Palmer has taught him this and how to self correct. The 56% is a number that doesn't project well historically. But there can be exceptions. Allen has grown two inches since he left high school. That's not typical.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Allen going to need to be in right system for success - Strong Play Action, coach willing to roll him of the pocket, a Big WR that help with accuracy issue, and TE that can serve outlet when need. Which is very similar to the Shanny/Kubes system. Rosen is going to be able to play in lot more scheme as long as he not to asked to be asked to roll out and run.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

18. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    would you like margarine on that?
    No, real mayo. Lots of mayo

20. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

MO has a new ally in the fight against baker mayfield. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information