Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Keep in mind that while Allen isn’t playing the highest level competition every week, he also doesn’t have a four- and five-star line, receiving corp and backfield sheltering him either, like the other three.
    Exactly, he elevated them from being a bottom dweller in the Mountain West to a contender.

I think he could be the next Carson Wentz with proper coaching.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I feel pretty convicted in the idea that Elway is going to go all in getting a QB this offseason. We're either going to trade up for a guy, or we're going to get Kirk Cousins.

Not a super controversial analysis - but when you think about how QB-focused Elway is to start with, how he felt kind of desperate to reach and get Lynch, and with how catastrophically this season has gone... I would be shocked if we don't make a big splash move.

Which leads me back to Cousins. He's the best free agent available - with the uncertainty of the draft I think that he's going to get a ton of consideration. Elway gonna wanna win free agency this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I recall someone suggesting Josh Allen wasn’t a viable option because he hasn’t won any bowl games or conference championships.

I will disagree for two reasons:
    1. Wyoming sucked prior to Josh Allen.
    2. He has a better W-L record than Elway did at Stanford
    John Elway Never won a Bowl game in college either.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I feel pretty convicted in the idea that Elway is going to go all in getting a QB this offseason. We're either going to trade up for a guy, or we're going to get Kirk Cousins.

Not a super controversial analysis - but when you think about how QB-focused Elway is to start with, how he felt kind of desperate to reach and get Lynch, and with how catastrophically this season has gone... I would be shocked if we don't make a big splash move.

Which leads me back to Cousins. He's the best free agent available - with the uncertainty of the draft I think that he's going to get a ton of consideration. Elway gonna wanna win free agency this year.

Id prefer not cousins, honestly.

Ideally we somehow get Luck. That longshot aside, I am with you that we will go all in for one.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

He may want to win free agency again but I think he's in for a rude awakening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'd prefer Luck in the same way I'd prefer Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson. I'm not sure why that one keeps arising as if it's a real option.

I've warmed up to Cousins a bit. I think he has a strong arm, good accuracy and is tough. We could do a lot worse. It's just a matter of cost.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He may want to win free agency again but I think he's in for a rude awakening.
    In what sense? That players won't want to come here?

In what sense? That players won't want to come here?
    Yes. I suppose that could change if he fires the dipshit he hired and replaces him with someone respectable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yes. I suppose that could change if he fires the dipshit he hired and replaces him with someone respectable.
    Meh, I ain't too worried about it. At the end of the day they're gonna follow the money everything else be damned.

I'm more worried that quality coaches won't want the job.

Meh, I ain't too worried about it. At the end of the day they're gonna follow the money everything else be damned.

I'm more worried that quality coaches won't want the job.
    Players will sign, no doubt. I don't think Cousins will though. Denver would be far better off spending free agency dollars on the offensive line and using that high pick on whichever QB they like.

12. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Players will sign, no doubt. I don't think Cousins will though. Denver would be far better off spending free agency dollars on the offensive line and using that high pick on whichever QB they like.
    I see the merits both ways. Ideally, you're right, it's much cheaper to find a QB in the draft and with so much money tied up in Von we almost need to go that route...

That said - Brees, Cousins, Manning might be a free agent class worth pursuing when weighed against the uncertainty of the draft (and the other teams at the top of the draft who are also desperate for a QB).

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I agree Elway colors using bold strokes, but using paints from the bargain shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t give much a shit about who they draft but he’d better be a game-ready bona fide QB. No more ******* projects. **** the Wyoming kid. Don’t give 2 shits about big armed prospect losers from small schools or shit programs like the giraffes. **** any college QB with a losing record. I’m tired of ass clowns like triggah ****face who are not only losers, they’re the anti-leaders of the world. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield that’s who I want. The bigger the ******* the better. I want him to be a dick. I want him to be confident and most importantly I want him to be a God damned winner from a winning program!

I love Mayfield the most at this point because he’s a ******* baller, a winner, and a dick when he needs to be. I look at him and I see Chad Kelly. I see Russell Wilson. I see Dak Prescott. I see a ******* winner who is likely gonna drop because he doesn’t suck enough media dick or kiss enough babies or something. He’s my #1 right now.

Give me a QB who is willing to go out there and ******* fight to win so I can put him against Chad Kelly in camp and say, may the best man earn the job. I’d cut ****face and the 2 giraffe brothers so fast it would make their heads spin. I hate those clueless, talentless, emotionless, prideless hacks.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Studies have shown that people that use curse words are intelligent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Studies have shown that people that use curse words are intelligent.
    **** an A
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information