Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think the Bills move up to 2 if the Giants were going any route other than QB. That's going to be a monster trade if it happens.
    12 is a better spot for Giants to improve RT position.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    After that Jets trade I'd really hate a QB with the Broncos pick if they stay put. Might as well just take the All Pro player at another position or trade back at this point. Odds of hitting on a franchise QB just fell through the floor.
    not necessarily. . . watson was the third QB taken last year, at number twelve, and he looked like an emerging superstar. . . any of these guys can hit or miss. . . just because the browns happen to like one better than the others sure as hell doesn't guarantee that the guy is going to succeed! scheme fit, surrounding talent, and coaching all play a considerable role in a young QB's development and success, as well. . . as i've said, i'm okay with either route-- just get the best player, whether that's the QB or not. . .

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I think the Bills move up to 2 if the Giants were going any route other than QB. That's going to be a monster trade if it happens.
    as bad as their run game has been, can they really pass on barkley? i suppose this draft IS deep at the position. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-17-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I wish the Broncos didn’t need a QB so I could be excited about this draft, all these other possibilities are what makes me such a fan of draft/combine season.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    as bad as their run game has been, can they really pass on barkley? i suppose this draft IS deep at the position. . .
    They're in the same boat as the Broncos. Well, other than the fact that they have a super bowl winning QB. They may have been one of the few teams in the NFL with a worse offensive line. Solder will help, but they're still hurting at right tackle and guard. They could get both by moving down with Buffalo.

As far as Barkley goes, he's an athletic freak. There are questions in his game though. He played almost exclusively out of the shotgun in college, and tended to bounce everything outside. That doesn't work in the NFL. I'm not saying that he can't run between the tackles, but he didn't do much straight north-south running. Most of what he did was beating people purely with his athleticism.

Albright brought up some interesting points about him this week:

Benjamin Allbright

Verified account

@AllbrightNFL
    Following
    Following @AllbrightNFL

More
    I think RB Saquon Barkley isn't going to go as high as people think.

No one I talked to had him top 7.

That's not to say he isn't talented, but it appears media higher on him than league.
    I love Barkley's versatility, but I have to admit, his rushing totals are a bit concerning.
    Overall this season, Barkley only had 100+ rushing yards in 5 out of 13 games. In the previous season, he only had 100+ rushing yards in 5 out of 14 games.
    That's a far cry from Ezekiel Elliot, who had 100+ yards in 12 out of 13 games in his final season. McCaffrey, who was just as versatile in college, ran for 100+ yards in 8 out of 11 games in his final season and 11 out of 14 games in his SO season. Fournette, in his final season, started the year out rushing for 100+ yards in each of the first 4 games, but then he didn't reach the threshold again for various reasons. He did rush for 100+ yards in 10 out of his 12 games in his SO season though.
    I just wonder if Barkley isn't the tremendous runner between the tackles that Elliot and Fournette is. He certainly has the measurables to be a great back, but I think there's reason to be concerned about whether or not he can be someone you productively feed the ball to on the ground consistently.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Yeah, I don’t think Barkley is as “can’t miss” as the media would make you believe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Anyone ever watch a Penn State game?

1-Terrible oline. I mean pretty damn bad. Good teams abused it and SB still did well.
    2-that quote fails to include catching yards.

Actually watch him play.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post

1-Terrible oline. I mean pretty damn bad. Good teams abused it and SB still did well.

Actually watch him play.
    I watched plenty of his games. I'm not saying he can't be a star. He might be. Yes, his receiving skills bring another element to his game. He's GREAT in open space. There's not a ton of that in the NFL. To me, he has to prove at the next level that he can run between the tackles because even at 4.4 he's not always going to outrun NFL defenses to the edge.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Actually watch him play.
    I would have to actually agree with you here. Although i think there are some really good backs in this draft outside of Barkley i think the pundits are selling him shorter than they should. Barkley is a difference maker and was the rock that the Nittany Lions leaned on the entire season. While i really like Sony Michel if Barkley is there at 5 Denver would be stupid not to take him.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

If you look at his stats game by game you can clearly see wht PSU fans were pissed at the coach for not pushing his Heisman candidacy. Just look at his # of carries vs some crap schools. His limited 100 yard games is also based on the inexplicable lack of touches in some games.

Also...not sure he CAN'T run through the tackles as much as those guys in thr box are incapable of actually making holes.

30 touches vs Iowa
    15 vs Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would have to actually agree with you here. Although i think there are some really good backs in this draft outside of Barkley i think the pundits are selling him shorter than they should. Barkley is a difference maker and was the rock that the Nittany Lions leaned on the entire season. While i really like Sony Michel if Barkley is there at 5 Denver would be stupid not to take him.
    I don't think that Elway can pass on that kind of 'juice' at 5. I just hope that if the Broncos go that direction, they trade back up into the first for a second tier guard like Hernandez, Wynn, Price or Smith.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

If you look at his stats game by game you can clearly see wht PSU fans were pissed at the coach for not pushing his Heisman candidacy. Just look at his # of carries vs some crap schools. His limited 100 yard games is also based on the inexplicable lack of touches in some games.

Also...not sure he CAN'T run through the tackles as much as those guys in thr box are incapable of actually making holes.
    I'm not arguing this point SA, I'm just saying that he's going to need to prove at the next level that he can.

19. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

All that said...gimme Sony in round 2. Love that kid. As a Vol fan I was always more worried about him than Chubb. More dynamic and almost as stout.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I don't think he'll be there at our pick at 2, do you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I don't think he'll be there at our pick at 2, do you?
    Not sure. As we've said before...deep RB draft and RB is devalued. Perhaps some slide because teams can bank on someone else being around next round who is as good. I think he's ranked 3rd-5th pending on the pundit. Very reasonable to think he could be.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information