Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    It means, I dont give a rat shit about the other damn conferences. The only one that has not had ANY QB that has made it in the NFL over the last 20 years is the one that plays no defense and has offenses that don't translate to the NFL. I actually explained it. It means I really don't have one that is better than the other. All I do know is NONE have come out of the Big 12 and yet that conference ironically has produced the most hyped QBs with pretty numbers ans has produced the most Heiseman Trophy winners at QB than any other over the last 20 years.

You need further explanation?
    Yes please.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It means, I dont give a rat shit about the other damn conferences. The only one that has not had ANY QB that has made it in the NFL over the last 20 years is the one that plays no defense and has offenses that don't translate to the NFL. I actually explained it. It means I really don't have one that is better than the other. All I do know is NONE have come out of the Big 12 and yet that conference ironically has produced the most hyped QBs with pretty numbers ans has produced the most Heiseman Trophy winners at QB than any other over the last 20 years.

You need further explanation?
    Dumb takes are dumb.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Uhn tahm a darkie stole mah tractor. They's all thiefs.

Mebbe twas a mezkin, but they's all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Uhn tahm a darkie stole mah tractor. They's all thiefs.

Mebbe twas a mezkin, but they's all the same.
    Oh no you di-unt!!

Adopted Bronco:

Yes, all of that is true. I have always wondered why coaches would try to force square pegs into round holes. I would imagine that it has a lot to do with what QBs get paid, and how much you want to expose that QB to hits. Also, whenever I see whole offenses (in college) looking to the sideline for the play call, I immediately see a QB that will probably be shell shocked at the next level.

We can also NOT look forward to Elway and/or Musgrave all of a sudden putting in a spread offense they run at Oklahoma. Not going to happen. They did not do that for Lynch.
    No, they wont exactly steal the OU playbook. That's not what I'm saying. Philly didnt borrow theirs from North Dakota, etc., etc. But installing concepts that play to the strengths of the player is ALWAYS a good idea for a team. That is what helps players become successful.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Here’s an interesting piece on Allen - doesn’t paint a pretty picture

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1...hype-nfl-draft

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

This one on Baker Mayfield is fun, too. Him blowing off the Bears scout is outstanding - or I suppose another strike if you want him to pretend to care about stuff he doesn't care about.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/26/ba...-bowl-oklahoma
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Musgrave going over routes with QBs at Senior Bowl:

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    This one on Baker Mayfield is fun, too. Him blowing off the Bears scout is outstanding - or I suppose another strike if you want him to pretend to care about stuff he doesn't care about.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/26/ba...-bowl-oklahoma
    I'm close to the point where I'm going to be disappointed if we don't draft this kid.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

With everyone warming up to Mayfield and souring on Allen, it also makes me think more about a team jumping up to the #3 or #4 slot if the consensus ends up being that there are 3 blue chip QBs available.

That'd be depressing.

Adopted Bronco:

With everyone warming up to Mayfield and souring on Allen, it also makes me think more about a team jumping up to the #3 or #4 slot if the consensus ends up being that there are 3 blue chip QBs available.

That'd be depressing.
    It will all depend on the strategy of the teams ahead of us. Does Cleveland take Barkley at #1, knowing a QB will be there at 4? Do they take a QB at #1 and OL or RB at #4? Would they even consider trading #4 with all the needs they have? Will the Giants take OL or Barkley at #2 to try for 2-3 more years of Manning?

In a strange but very conceivable scenario, we could technically be on the clock with Barkley, Rosen and Mayfiied all still available.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It will all depend on the strategy of the teams ahead of us. Does Cleveland take Barkley at #1, knowing a QB will be there at 4? Do they take a QB at #1 and OL or RB at #4? Would they even consider trading #4 with all the needs they have? Will the Giants take OL or Barkley at #2 to try for 2-3 more years of Manning?

In a strange but very conceivable scenario, we could technically be on the clock with Barkley, Rosen and Mayfiied all still available.
    Can we have two of the three? I'm envious of the Browns' draft possibilities. How awesome would it be if the Broncos could have Rosen/Mayfiled and Barkley/Nelson in whatever combo of two you can think of?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Can we have two of the three? I'm envious of the Browns' draft possibilities. How awesome would it be if the Broncos could have Rosen/Mayfiled and Barkley/Nelson in whatever combo of two you can think of?
    Their position is part luck (Texans sucking this year) and part misery (4 wins in 3 years). Having their picks would be great...but the process to get them would be miserable.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

It certainly feels like there will be 3 QBs taken in the top 5, the question is to whom and in which order.

Adopted Bronco:

It certainly feels like there will be 3 QBs taken in the top 5, the question is to whom and in which order.
    If I was a betting man, I'd say Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 and Mayfield is available for us. But I dont gamble for a reason.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information