Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    knight, what conference should we select our quarterback from?
    Tell me when was the last Big 12 QB that was hyped who made it in the NFL?

That conference has been fools gold for a while now. It is actually quite amazing. In the last 20 years, not one QB has made it. Yet, I believe they have had the most QB Heisman trophy winners. From Crouch, Jason White, Bradford, RGIII, and now Mayfield. Not to mention other hyped first rounders like Brandon Wheeden and Gabbert, among others.

There has to be a reason. I imagine it is because many of them run offenses that simply don't translate to the pro game.

Hence the reason I would tend to stay away from the hyped Big 12 QBs that put up big pretty numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

That conference has been fools gold for a while now. It is actually quite amazing. In the last 20 years, not one QB has made it. Yet, I believe they have had the most QB Heisman trophy winners. From Crouch, Jason White, Bradford, RGIII, and now Mayfield. Not to mention other hyped first rounders like Brandon Wheeden and Gabbert, among others.

There has to be a reason. I imagine it is because many of them run offenses that simply don't translate to the pro game.

Hence the reason I would tend to stay away from the hyped Big 12 QBs that put up big pretty numbers.
    Currently Andy Dalton is the only one from the Big 12. Well, truthfully he’s from the Mountain West and so is Carr. The ACC has a couple qb’s reppin’. The conferences who have a strong representation of quarterbacks are the SEC, PAC 12, and Big 10, but that shouldn’t come as a surprise since they have been the three consistently good conferences over the last 20 years.

I don’t think it’s a good standard to go by. That’s like saying small school quarterbacks can’t succeed.

Adopted Bronco:

Add Pat Mahomes to the list. He'll be the starter next year.

At the end of the day, I think it has more to do with NFL teams taking player skill sets and trying to squeeze them into their own offense. Sometimes you have to adapt your offense to the player. The teams that are successful end up doing that. Look what Philly has done with an RPO to ensure Wentz has success. What Houston was doing with Watson before he was injured. Even Andy Reid has adapted away from his traditional WCO.

So, yes...if Elway and Joseph and Musgrave insist on forcing a player into a specific system without adapting it to that players strengths, then they'll get more results like they have with Lynch.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

At the end of the day, I think it has more to do with NFL teams taking player skill sets and trying to squeeze them into their own offense. Sometimes you have to adapt your offense to the player. The teams that are successful end up doing that. Look what Philly has done with an RPO to ensure Wentz has success. What Houston was doing with Watson before he was injured. Even Andy Reid has adapted away from his traditional WCO.

So, yes...if Elway and Joseph and Musgrave insist on forcing a player into a specific system without adapting it to that players strengths, then they'll get more results like they have with Lynch.
    This is becoming increasingly true. Even conferences like the Big 10 and SEC are starting to go to the spread. The NFL will have to adapt

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This is becoming increasingly true. Even conferences like the Big 10 and SEC are starting to go to the spread. The NFL will have to adapt
    Agreed...and most of them that have young QB's have been wisely adapting. Philly, Rams, Houston...have all adapted to their QB's. And I just read where Mike Vrabel is going to use a Chip Kelly type of offense to play to Mariotta's skills.

Put any of them in a traditional pro-style offense and most would have failed miserably.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Yes, all of that is true. I have always wondered why coaches would try to force square pegs into round holes. I would imagine that it has a lot to do with what QBs get paid, and how much you want to expose that QB to hits. Also, whenever I see whole offenses (in college) looking to the sideline for the play call, I immediately see a QB that will probably be shell shocked at the next level.

We can also NOT look forward to Elway and/or Musgrave all of a sudden putting in a spread offense they run at Oklahoma. Not going to happen. They did not do that for Lynch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Agreed...and most of them that have young QB's have been wisely adapting. Philly, Rams, Houston...have all adapted to their QB's. And I just read where Mike Vrabel is going to use a Chip Kelly type of offense to play to Mariotta's skills.

Put any of them in a traditional pro-style offense and most would have failed miserably.
    Yeah, which is more than likely the reason the Titans fired Mularkey. Running the Nokia flip phone offense with Mariotta probably not going to operate dynamically.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

just answer the question, claire!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

just answer the question, claire!
    I answered the ******* question you piece of shit.

Adopted Bronco:

I answered the ******* question you piece of shit.

actually, no you didn't, you grouchy old cuss. . . you totally dodged it. . . here, let's try again. . .

knight, what conference should we select our quarterback from?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Gentlemen, language please.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

actually, no you didn't, you grouchy old cuss. . . you totally dodged it. . . here, let's try again. . .
    I answered by saying I would stay away from Big 12 QBs. Now, wtf do you conclude about that?

Adopted Bronco:

I answered by saying I would stay away from Big 12 QBs. Now, wtf do you conclude about that?
    i conclude that you don't have a good answer to the question, since you only reiterated your previous and well-known position about which conference we should avoid. . . come on, break it down for us the rest of the way-- should we be looking for an SEC or big ten QB? or what?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

i conclude that you don't have a good answer to the question, since you only reiterated your previous and well-known position about which conference we should avoid. . . come on, break it down for us the rest of the way-- should we be looking for an SEC or big ten QB? or what?
    It means, I dont give a rat shit about the other damn conferences. The only one that has not had ANY QB that has made it in the NFL over the last 20 years is the one that plays no defense and has offenses that don't translate to the NFL. I actually explained it. It means I really don't have one that is better than the other. All I do know is NONE have come out of the Big 12 and yet that conference ironically has produced the most hyped QBs with pretty numbers ans has produced the most Heiseman Trophy winners at QB than any other over the last 20 years.

You need further explanation?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Dogshit. New name idea?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information