Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And my point is, when Allen faces teams like Boise or Fresno, Wyoming is at a disadvantage of talent.
    Especially at the QB position

2. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I've had a boring day at work so I've watched a ton of Mayfield stuff, I'm starting to love this guy. MO will call me an idiot but I like this guys arm and his fire.

But don't worry MO, the fact that I like him means we won't draft him.
    Don’t worry. I’ll call you an idiot for many other reasons, anyway.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I also like Josh Allen's story. I like the farm boy thing and it seems like he comes from a great family. I wish he was more accurate though. So sick of watching passes from Broncos QBs go whoknowswhere.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I also like Josh Allen's story. I like the farm boy thing and it seems like he comes from a great family. I wish he was more accurate though. So sick of watching passes from Broncos QBs go whoknowswhere.
    Dude, you gotta hashtag that crap. That’s too good to let go by.

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Did you guys know that Baker Mayfield was the first true freshman walk-on to start a season opener for a BCS school? That's a crazy fact IMHO.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did you guys know that Baker Mayfield was the first true freshman walk-on to start a season opener for a BCS school? That's a crazy fact IMHO.
    Is he also the first Heisman winner to grab his crotch on national TV?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Is he also the first Heisman winner to grab his crotch on national TV?
    I doubt it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

My prob with Baker so far:

His offense is designed to have guys wide open
    He does not have a lot of thread the needle, throw the guy open type of throws
    Him reading defenses

Reading the defense, throwing w anticipation, and accuracy are the main things I like for. I am unsure about 2 of those with him. He may be able to do those I need to see more. What did you see there Chazzy?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Him reading defenses

Reading the defense, throwing w anticipation, and accuracy are the main things I like for. I am unsure about 2 of those with him. He may be able to do those I need to see more. What did you see there Chazzy?
    He looks extremely accutrate to me, and the numbers back that up in spades. Yes a lot of wide open recievers but he almost always hits them in stride so they maximize their yards gained. In four years of Div 1 football in big boy conferences he's never had double digit INTs. His TD:INT ratio is ******* amazing.
    Looking at him as a freshman and him now he has done some serious work in the weight room, which is important for a guy his size and it shows some level of dedication.
    Lastly, his teammates seem to absolutely love him. Yes he's had some not so great moments from a maturtity standpoint but they seem to come from a place of intense competitiveness, and I'm fine with that.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

He looks extremely accutrate to me, and the numbers back that up in spades. Yes a lot of wide open recievers but he almost always hits them in stride so they maximize their yards gained. In four years of Div 1 football in big boy conferences he's never had double digit INTs. His TD:INT ratio is ******* amazing.
    Looking at him as a freshman and him now he has done some serious work in the weight room, which is important for a guy his size and it shows some level of dedication.
    Lastly, his teammates seem to absolutely love him. Yes he's had some not so great moments from a maturtity standpoint but they seem to come from a place of intense competitiveness, and I'm fine with that.
    Kris, you know I love you dude, and I want to believe you. But I can’t let go of the Robert Griffin crush you had. Perhaps it’s time for a full confession and penitence. Then I may forget that unthinkable transgression.

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Kris, you know I love you dude, and I want to believe you. But I can’t let go of the Robert Griffin crush you had. Perhaps it’s time for a full confession and penitence. Then I may forget that unthinkable transgression.
    A lot of folks had RG3 crushes.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

A lot of folks had RG3 crushes.
    I’m just giving you the business dude. He wouldn’t have gone so high if there wasn’t a lot of hype.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Him reading defenses
    good point! we should totally draft a guy who played in an offense that isn't designed to get receivers open. . .

seriously, i'm not saying you're wrong-- but those criticisms are accurate for most college QBs, including top picks like bradford and mariota. . . a truly polished, ready-made guy like luck comes along once in a generation. . . there isn't one QB in this draft who's anywhere close to that level of development. . . virtually all of them have to be trained to read defenses and go through progressions at a pro level. . .

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I’m just giving you the business dude.
    easy, killer. . . chazzy's sensitive!

23. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I do not care about maturity (lol obviously, look at me) or his size or his arm. I just want him to be able to decipher the defense, be accurate (which he seems to be) and be able to anticipate and throw in tight coverage. I do like his never quit attitude though. Kelly has that too. I like it. I think thats why I like Kelly, hes a competitor also.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information