Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

If the Broncos draft a QB after spending a full week of practices and meetings with them at the senior bowl, I have no problem with it. If that QB busts, then Elway should be removed from the QB evaluation portion of the draft permanently.

If they feel comfortable with Mayfield, we've got a lot of problems, though.

He's clearly not a first round QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

It sure seems they are interested in drafting a QB in the first round. It will probably be between Mayfield and Allen.

No veteran worth a damn to mentor. From Siemian, to Lynch, Osweiler, Kelly and a brand new rookie?

An OL not worth much and a defense that will be losing more key players?

What are we looking forward to? Just wondering. Josh Allen, another project who wont be ready to play as a rookie, since he will be a project, or Mayfield who is yet another Heisman trophy hyped QB from the Big XII with a headcase and no mentor?

Am I missing something?

Why is Allen automatically a project? Wentz wasn't a project, and they both came from pro style offenses.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Why is Allen automatically a project? Wentz wasn't a project, and they both came from pro style offenses.
    Everyone is saying he is.

7. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Everyone is saying he is.
    Fair enough. If that's the consensus then that's what it be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    i don't think you'll find a scout who doesn't call him a project. . . i'll take that shitty little midget mayfield over allen all day, err day. . . if we draft allen, i will cry. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i don't think you'll find a scout who doesn't call him a project. . . i'll take that shitty little midget mayfield over allen all day, err day. . . if we draft allen, i will cry. . .
    This time in the evaluation for Wentz they were saying the same thing. I'm simply saying that what is thought to be 'known' now might be considered an unknown or false later.

Mayfield is what happens when you remove the good traits from Wilson, and make him dumb.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    OF the two I see Mayfield as bigger project then Allen. Allen has played under center, called plays in the huddle, ran a system that had pro style passes (which he made) and wasn't surround by elite talent. Mayfield spent most of his time in shotgun, the few time I saw him under center it was for toss to the running back and his feet where shitty, the OU system has lot horizon type pass (screens, quick slants, RPO) which aren't NFL plays and was part of elite program with talent.

I get people say that Allen didn't have great completion percentage but I am not concern with that.

If Allen shows at the senior bowl that he can translate plays on the whiteboard to plays on the field, he become a legit draft top 10 QB.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

13. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

I get people say that Allen didn't have great completion percentage but I am not concern with that.
    Why not? Has a QB with such a bad completion percentage in college ever become much more accurate in the NFL? I subscribe to the theory that you can’t teach accuracy

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Why not? Has a QB with such a bad completion percentage in college ever become much more accurate in the NFL? I subscribe to the theory that you can’t teach accuracy
    I have watched 2 and half games of WYO and Allen (Not highlights or youtube clips) and every one of those games I saw three to four drops per game from his WRs/TEs and RBs. (Evidence of the drops - http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...a0e9ee83f.html ) You factor that in and he hits around 60% completion.

Also when I watched those games I felt that he was putting ball in position for his teammates to catch it.

I will tell you one of the games I watch was the opener (Wyo at home) against Oregon and Allen was total shit. He was trying to do to much and trusting his arm to make big plays/throws that were not there.
    Last edited by elsid13; 01-13-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

17. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I have watched 2 and half games of WYO and Allen (Not highlights or youtube clips) and every one of those games I saw three to four drops per game from his WRs/TEs and RBs. (Evidence of the drops - http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...a0e9ee83f.html ) You factor that in and he hits around 60% completion.

Also when I watched those games I felt that he was putting ball in position for his teammates to catch it.

I will tell you one of the games I watch was the opener (Wyo at home) against Oregon and Allen was total shit. He was trying to do to much and trusting his arm to make big plays/throws that were not there.
    No doubt the talent around him wasn’t good. But I saw a PFF article that says even factoring in drops, throw always, etc, Allen is like the 80-something ranked draft eligible QB. I only watched one complete game of film on him and most of his Bowl game in real time, but that’s basically what I saw as well

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Elway is stupid if he drafts Baker Mayfield. Ew.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Elway is stupid if he drafts Baker Mayfield. Ew.
    I didn't realize the BRONCOS requested Mayfield to be on the North team. When I read the roster, it didn't make sense why an OU member would be on the North.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    that's where i'm at. . . i don't care how special his physical tools are. . . packin' lunch has awesome physical abilities. . . a huge arm doesn't mean a thing if you can't do the other quarterback stuff. . . if a guy has the necessary mental acuity, you can teach him to read defenses and go through progressions, play under center, etc. . . but if a guy can't throw with touch and accuracy, i agree that it can't be coached up-- it's something you can do, or you can't. . . i don't accept excuses about allen's receivers-- plenty of other college QBs have to deal with drops also. . . you can artificially inflate ANY QB's completion percentage with ifs and buts calculations. . . i only care about the real numbers, not projections. . . he started two full years, that's enough of a sample size for me to belief that he is who his numbers say he is. . . i think it's wishful thinking to expect him to improve by leaps and bounds when playing against pro defenders. . . if some dumbass takes that kid in the top ten, they're going to be kicking themselves for years afterwards. . .

23. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information