Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Watching the Rose Bowl I saw Johnny Manziel - I don't know if that's fair or rooted in any rational analysis. I just have a hard time seeing his skill set transition cleanly into being an effective pocket passer. His strengths are more around improvisation, which is helpful at the pro level but only if you can be effective from the pocket first.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Watching the Rose Bowl I saw Johnny Manziel - I don't know if that's fair or rooted in any rational analysis. I just have a hard time seeing his skill set transition cleanly into being an effective pocket passer. His strengths are more around improvisation, which is helpful at the pro level but only if you can be effective from the pocket first.
    Against a stout defense, he had little choice but to improvise in that game, but the kid plays behind maybe the best OL in NCAA this year. He's been really good as a pocket passer all year. In fact, having all day to throw this season is one of the things that concerns me about him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Against a stout defense, he had little choice but to improvise in that game, but the kid plays behind maybe the best OL in NCAA this year. He's been really good as a pocket passer all year. In fact, having all day to throw this season is one of the things that concerns me about him.
    You like him at 5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think his obnoxious trash talking can lead to trouble. Thats what made the Georgia game so fun, it brought him back down to earth. But it wasnt the first time that he has run into issues like that (grabbing his crotch on camera).
    Let's be honest, who wouldn't do that??

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I highly doubt Oklahoma was a 3-9 team without Mayfield.
    You disagree. Shocking. We'll agree to disagree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You disagree. Shocking. We'll agree to disagree.
    Oklahoma hasn't been under .500 and missed a bowl in 20 seasons. It wasn't going to happen this year, either. They have the most talent in the conference year after year and implying they'd only win three games assumes they'd lose to one of Kansas, Baylor, UTEP or Tulane.

With all due respect, that's patently absurd.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You like him at 5?
    I'd prefer Cousins, Keenum, Darnold, but if none of those options are available, then I'd take him at 5.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'd prefer Cousins, Keenum, Darnold, but if none of those options are available, then I'd take him at 5.
    Only QB I would take at 5 is darnold. Others I am not sure about. Rosen and Mayfield top 10 though. Browns giants Broncos and jets are top 10 who need a QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Still don't know why we as fans would not want to see what Chad Kelly has. I know to many that a 7th rounder is against ALL odds. Meaning, I think the best scenario is to bring in the best veteran (preferably Alex Smith for a variety of reasons) and try developing Kelly.

I mean Kelly in the same conference as Dak Prescott, had better stats, including rushing yardage. I know his problem is his attitude and that more than anything was the main reason he fell.

It seems he has been doing the right things. I also happen to think him being surrounded by two HoFers in his uncle and Elway (along with a decent veteran) could shape all of that. I could be wrong here, but none of those rookies really do it for me. A lot of hype imo. Rosen is out of reach, and so it comes down to Mayfield or Darnold....I guess.

Again, I would rather them either draft the BEST ILB in the first round (which ought to be a real stud at 5) and draft the best RT in the second round. Again, Right Tackles are NOT drafted in the first round. They typically get drafted in the 2nd...at the highest.

Besides, the Broncos are going to NEED to get a veteran anyway, even if they draft a rookie in the first round. All of the QBs on this roster have NO real experience. Which btw, was yet another problem with this team.

Bottom line is I want to see what Chad Kelly can do, and that is not going to happen unless it is under that scenario.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Still don't know why we as fans would not want to see what Chad Kelly has.
    From my understanding Kelly will still be on the team but he will have to earn the right to start if he can do that. But Denver cant go into next season without a backup plan. If they cant land Cousins than they will have to draft a QB with more promise than what a 7th might have. Its up to Kelly to prove that he has worth and that he can win the job no matter who is in front of him. But, with Brock, Siemian, and Lynch in front of him im not sure how much room will be on the roster for him. I seriously doubt that Denver lets a previous 1st rounder walk (although i wouldnt care honestly) and Siemian and Brock have more experience on the field than Kelly at this juncture. But this is no different than the Zac Dysert's and Kyle Sloter's of the world. People get way to enamored with guys who will always be clip board holders. The Tom Brady's of the world are very very rare.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

We would like to see Kelly as well but can't go into the season saying we have a 30+ year old vet and our 7th round pick is our future.

It would be wonderful if Kelly is one of the draft surprises and turns into a franchise guy, but can't go into the season with that expectation when he hasn't even thrown a ball in an NFL live game yet.

17. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Again, I would rather them either draft the BEST ILB in the first round (which ought to be a real stud at 5) and draft the best RT in the second round. Again, Right Tackles are NOT drafted in the first round. They typically get drafted in the 2nd...at the highest.
    As far as this goes, if we plan on using the #5 pick for a tackle, I'd think we would draft someone like McGlinchey from ND and bumping Bolles over to RT. Still plenty of options out there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Still don't know why we as fans would not want to see what Chad Kelly has.
    We do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I was against the pax pick. Was against him before we picked him. I mocked kelly to us and I like him. I do want to see what he has. The dude put up better numbers than most of the QBs in this draft against tougher competition. Dude is a cocky mofo but I think he can play.

For me, landing kirk while Kelly gets the ropes is the best way to go. I hope he will succeed and if he does then we dont have to burn a pick on a Qb.

That said Rosen is still IMO the absolute #1 QB in this draft. I do not understand why he isnt getting praise like Winston and Mariota. I so far like Rosen better than both those guys I mentioned.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"Save us Swag Kelly, you're our only hope!"

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information