Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I will say this about Baker Mayfield. I love his swagger, his will to win, his confidence and his insane desire to compete, but..........can anyone name me a college QB who has acted like Mayfield has in college and went on to be a great pro?

The one element that's missing in his game is humility. I said in another thread that if he has the high football IQ he could be a star. I'll add that a star NFL QB has to have some humility. I have not seen that yet in Mayfield. After apologizing about the flag plant, he's gone on to do 2 or 3 more idiotic things on the field. The more I focus on his overall body of work, the less I think he will be a star in the NFL.

I rarely change my mind on a prospect so close to the draft, but I find myself jumping off of the Mayfield wagon, regardless of how he looks during senior bowl week.
    Cam Newton is close to an example of that. He has a league MVP, led a team to the SB and is a good player while still being a cocky bitch. I hate to say it because I despise him but he deserves mentioning. With a better attitude Cam Newton would probablly be ******* phenomenal though, instead of just very good.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I will say this about Baker Mayfield. I love his swagger, his will to win, his confidence and his insane desire to compete, but..........can anyone name me a college QB who has acted like Mayfield has in college and went on to be a great pro?

The one element that's missing in his game is humility. I said in another thread that if he has the high football IQ he could be a star. I'll add that a star NFL QB has to have some humility. I have not seen that yet in Mayfield. After apologizing about the flag plant, he's gone on to do 2 or 3 more idiotic things on the field. The more I focus on his overall body of work, the less I think he will be a star in the NFL.

I rarely change my mind on a prospect so close to the draft, but I find myself jumping off of the Mayfield wagon, regardless of how he looks during senior bowl week.
    I'm sorry, but I'm just done with this idea that we can judge a player's desire or will to win because he jumps around and screams at people. That's not desire, or will, it's just screaming. Everything he says indicates he loves the game and has a great passion for it, but I hesitate to say he has more desire or more will or more passion than a player who doesn't do those things. Personally, what I see him do can be judged as stupidity.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm just done with this idea that we can judge a player's desire or will to win because he jumps around and screams at people. That's not desire, or will, it's just screaming. Everything he says indicates he loves the game and has a great passion for it, but I hesitate to say he has more desire or more will or more passion than a player who doesn't do those things. Personally, what I see him do can be judged as stupidity.
    I'm judging his desire and will to win by the way he plays in close games, not by his jumping around. He played his college career with no defense, and a ton of shootouts. He had to carry that team every week and tended to step up in big moments more times than not. He also tended to make great plays in pressure moments. Without Mayfield, that was a 3-10 team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hahahaha!
    Definitely not good game tape.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Cam Newton is close to an example of that. He has a league MVP, led a team to the SB and is a good player while still being a cocky bitch. I hate to say it because I despise him but he deserves mentioning. With a better attitude Cam Newton would probablly be ******* phenomenal though, instead of just very good.
    Cam ain’t gettin run down by no Po-po

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm judging his desire and will to win by the way he plays in close games, not by his jumping around. He played his college career with no defense, and a ton of shootouts. He had to carry that team every week and tended to step up in big moments more times than not. He also tended to make great plays in pressure moments. Without Mayfield, that was a 3-10 team at best.
    I highly doubt Oklahoma was a 3-9 team without Mayfield.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Cam Newton

Humility, go listen to some of his interviews. He has good head on shoulder but the typical young kid immatury issues. Manning and the female trainer? They all do dumb things just some are not caught.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Looks like the buffoon has a number, granted not as many, of the same type of bonehead, college-fan morons following his every move as Tebow did.

Say no to Mayfield.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If they do draft Mayfield, they better be ready to change themselves and everything about them to fit Mayfield, and not some other half-assed implementation.

And that goes against everything NFL ever. So pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If they do draft Mayfield, they better be ready to change themselves and everything about them to fit Mayfield, and not some other half-assed implementation.

And that goes against everything NFL ever. So pass.
    Except that everyone is doing it now. Goff’s and Watson’s offenses were tailor made for them based on their college scheme. How did Goff do last year? It wasn’t until McVay changed the offense to be the same as Goff was used to that he bloomed. O’brien had to do the same for Watson.

They are quick to the line, no huddle, call the play from the sideline before the helmet mike gets cut off and then roll. They even help with the protections. The only difference is they don’t spend their time staring at the sideline, like college, because everything comes in through the QBs helmet and right out of his mouth.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

If we draft Mayfield, do you think we could ask all the other teams in the NFL to run a soft zone? He looks great against a soft zone like most teams play in the Big-12. Didn't look so good against a tight man-to-man. Remember that Tebow didn't look like that bad of a passer when he was at Florida.

Maybe Mayfield can adjust and get better, or maybe he is Johnny Manziel 2.0

17. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

The takes in this thread are going to be hard to deal with for the next three months. I predict that no matter what QB we end up with, three quarters of this board will be unhappy

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    The takes in this thread are going to be hard to deal with for the next three months. I predict that no matter what QB we end up with, three quarters of this board will be unhappy
    Yes, i think your takes will be awfully unbearable.

Im kidding of course but come on, this shit goes on every year and has for quite some time. Every draft people whine, bitch, and moan (including me) about who they want the team to take. Its just part of fandom and im surprised people still get so bent out of shape about it when it comes to forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    If we draft Mayfield, do you think we could ask all the other teams in the NFL to run a soft zone? He looks great against a soft zone like most teams play in the Big-12. Didn't look so good against a tight man-to-man. Remember that Tebow didn't look like that bad of a passer when he was at Florida.

Maybe Mayfield can adjust and get better, or maybe he is Johnny Manziel 2.0
    What type of defense does Ohio State run (honest question - I don't watch enough to know for sure)? I know they're ranked ninth in the country in total defense and allow less than 200 passing yards per game. Here was Mayfield against that defense - 27/35, 386 yards, 3 TD.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    What type of defense does Ohio State run (honest question - I don't watch enough to know for sure)? I know they're ranked ninth in the country in total defense and allow less than 200 passing yards per game. Here was Mayfield against that defense - 27/35, 386 yards, 3 TD.
    The Georgia defense is pretty good, too (#6). That loss should be blamed on Lincoln Riley's play-calling in the 2nd half. Not on Mayfield's performance. Ohio State was #9 and TCU was #19. In total, Mayfield played 4 games against top 20 NCAA defenses. 83 of 120 (69%), 1250 yards, 12 TD, 1 INT

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information