Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Rivers is very careless with ball security, people overrate him in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes, but in his post that said "I don't like him but won't deny he is very good", he was talking about Rivers. I can deduct this from his post earlier where he said about Mayfield "I am on Mayfield train because he is such a leader to teammates"
    If he was talking about Rivers than i misunderstood him but i assumed he was talking about Mayfield because that is the player that we were debating about to begin with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If he was talking about Rivers than i misunderstood him but i assumed he was talking about Mayfield because that is the player that we were debating about to begin with.
    He'd be contradicting himself since he just said 2 posts earlier he likes Mayfield lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He'd be contradicting himself since he just said 2 posts earlier he likes Mayfield lol.
    I thought he was talking about Mayfields attitude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I took it has he didnt like his attitude but liked his skillset. Than again maybe Night can clear that up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I took it has he didnt like his attitude but liked his skillset. Than again maybe Night can clear that up.
    His 5-8 body, weak arm and bad footwork?

Bam!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

There was a comparison made about Mayfield swagger to Phyllis. I was saying if Mayfield has rivers talent I would take him in heart beat

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    There was a comparison made about Mayfield swagger to Phyllis. I was saying if Mayfield has rivers talent I would take him in heart beat
    Ok, thats what i figured and i disagreed because of the head issues he has. We agree on the talent but disagree how much of a factor the other issues would play. For me some of that "swagger" as you call it has been one of the reasons why Rivers has yet to elevate his game beyond a certain point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I watched the drunken resisting arrest video. Have you?

I don't want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

I don't want that.
    I havent see it but one thing i dont like about players is when they say they are learning from their mistakes but then keep doing the same shit. After the crotch grabbing incident Baker said he was sorry and he would behave better going forward. Yet, clearly against Georgia he simply couldnt help himself with his shit talking and then his stupid ass is left crying because they got beat. Yes Mayfield, we know you are talented so shut the **** up and just play ball. Let your game do the talking.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Ok, thats what i figured and i disagreed because of the head issues he has. We agree on the talent but disagree how much of a factor the other issues would play. For me some of that "swagger" as you call it has been one of the reasons why Rivers has yet to elevate his game beyond a certain point.
    We are talking about a guy who almost always a top 5 QB in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

I don't want that.
    That was a huge turnoff, especially the part where he got run down.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    We are talking about a guy who almost always a top 5 QB in stats.
    And he has won what exactly?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That was a huge turnoff, especially the part where he got run down.
    Hahahaha!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I will say this about Baker Mayfield. I love his swagger, his will to win, his confidence and his insane desire to compete, but..........can anyone name me a college QB who has acted like Mayfield has in college and went on to be a great pro?

The one element that's missing in his game is humility. I said in another thread that if he has the high football IQ he could be a star. I'll add that a star NFL QB has to have some humility. I have not seen that yet in Mayfield. After apologizing about the flag plant, he's gone on to do 2 or 3 more idiotic things on the field. The more I focus on his overall body of work, the less I think he will be a star in the NFL.

I rarely change my mind on a prospect so close to the draft, but I find myself jumping off of the Mayfield wagon, regardless of how he looks during senior bowl week.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information