Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Clash

I decided that my golf itch would get scratched by playing rory mcilroy PGA Tour on Xbox. I'm still messing with Golf Clash occasionally but it's getting super frustrating for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I got a bunch of Firefly wedge epic cards. Switching from L6 Skewer to L3 Firefly for now. Starting tour 7.

I just can't get EM cards at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I got a bunch of Firefly wedge epic cards. Switching from L6 Skewer to L3 Firefly for now. Starting tour 7.

The ball guide on the firefly is nice.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    The ball guide on the firefly is nice.
    The guide plus topspin tipped the scales.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Got my first firefly the other day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have to admit. This thread has way more leg than I originally figure it would.

So this is kind of what seals my lack of a desire to play this game anymore...I played a flawless hole, Got on the green in two, sunk my putt, the other guy shanks it to the grass, puts the second shot in the bunker then chips in to draw on his third shot. Then on the shootout I put it 0.43 away from the hole 0.43!!! And of course, he copies my shot and adds just a tiny amount of spin forward and gets 0.40....

That's that... it's getting uninstalled...

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yes, I often ragequit.

Not me. Just maxed out Tour 6. Almost 1,000,000 in the bank.

Pin a rose on your nose... Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Game is great. I was mad assed last night after a 6-7 game skid, but that's on me. I shouldn't play tipsy.

I kept track and discovered that in a 25 game stretch, I was out-clubbed in 25 games. Frustrating because the EM 5/6/7 can do things with margin for error that EM4 just cannot. Not just driver, but all clubs 1-3 levels higher.

But I'm still winning generally so nbd. Just gets me a bit assed. I'm close to maxing trophies on tour 7.

Slick, I tried to join the playdemic forum but the damned site never sent me an authentication email.

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Are you using a basic ball for Tour 7?

I started it today and made some headway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Are you using a basic ball for Tour 7?

I started it today and made some headway.
    Yeah, I started with Marlins, then moved to Navigators, but I'm on basic ball except for the course where you have to give it some left to right. It's still pretty easy.

Slick, I've kind of nerded out a bit. I took someone's wind correction spreadsheet and modded it so I can do this, which I do for every shot I make.

Enter wind value. Make precise correction, including a reduction in ring offset based on % of club power. If club is max power with a headwind, use the crosswind component (10 degrees to 80 degrees) to move the target, then add overpower as required.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windcorrection.jpg 
Views:	827 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	11702

Bag is currently

Name:	golfbag.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	11703

Win % down to 56% but I've stopped caring about that as much, more focused on just improving upon mistakes and mastering new tours.

If I was hardcore I'd take more detailed notes about each course but damn then it's a freaking job.

Yeah, I started with Marlins, then moved to Navigators, but I'm on basic ball except for the course where you have to give it some left to right. It's still pretty easy.

Slick, I've kind of nerded out a bit. I took someone's wind correction spreadsheet and modded it so I can do this, which I do for every shot I make.

Enter wind value. Make precise correction, including a reduction in ring offset based on % of club power. If club is max power with a headwind, use the crosswind component (10 degrees to 80 degrees) to move the target, then add overpower as required.

Name:	windcorrection.jpg 
Views:	827 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	11702

Bag is currently

Name:	golfbag.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	11703

Win % down to 56% but I've stopped caring about that as much, more focused on just improving upon mistakes and mastering new tours.

If I was hardcore I'd take more detailed notes about each course but damn then it's a freaking job.
    I'm still using feel for the wind adjustments. I know there are a lot of players using methods similar to yours. I would imagine it is extremely effective once you get the hang of it.

I'm coming to the realization that I will probably plateau at Tour 6/7.

It is becoming obvious to me that to be able to consistently win on those higher tours you're going to have to buy balls. The way I've been playing, I've always had enough special balls for those tricky holes in the tournaments but not for regular tour play. I'm cool with that.

Tour 7 and above the tee box is further back so unless you have an EM 7 or 8 or an Apocalypse, you're going to have a really tough time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm still using feel for the wind adjustments. I know there are a lot of players using methods similar to yours. I would imagine it is extremely effective once you get the hang of it.

I'm coming to the realization that I will probably plateau at Tour 6/7.

It is becoming obvious to me that to be able to consistently win on those higher tours you're going to have to buy balls. The way I've been playing, I've always had enough special balls for those tricky holes in the tournaments but not for regular tour play. I'm cool with that.

Tour 7 and above the tee box is further back so unless you have an EM 7 or 8 or an Apocalypse, you're going to have a really tough time.
    Last night was rough. Started at 3.6m ended at 2.1m. Never felt like I was playing poorly--of course I hit some 'great's with the EM and that torpedoed the hole--but played each hole smartly with optimal chances of winning based on my limited grasp of the nuances of each hole.

Never played a peer--someone with similar clubs and similar experience. If I got matched against someone with similar clubs, they used Titan/Katana/KM and it was likely a 2d account (low game number, high win %, lots of tourney flair). Or better gear and thousands of games with middling win %. Couldn't pull ahead after initially running up the trophies in T7.

Can't believe how many incredibly effective players I faced. I guess it's flattering if Golf Clash matchmaking pairs you with what it thinks is an even match, but it just becomes disheartening when you are facing players who have won/top 3'd multiple rookie/pro tournys.

T7 is all about hitting a safe drive, putting a wood shot near pin or within a wedge chip, and winning shootouts. I've used my Hornet on maybe 2/100 shots. With EM5 (226 power) and Guardian 3 (166 power, 12 topspin), you have major distance worries compared to EM 6 (234 power) and Guardian 4 (171 power). Giving up 13 power before any special ball effects. I don't see many players--if any--that are as distance handicapped as I am.

Not to sound like a sniveling bitch, but good grief all of a sudden shit got real.

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information