Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Clash

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    What's in your bag and what tour are you playing?

Just started Tour 6 using

Extra Mile 5 or Quarterback 7
    Big Dawg 4 or Viper 7
    Backbone 7 , (may switch to the Saturn it is now level 6 has a little more backspin than the Backbone)
    Hornet 2
    Dart 7, sometimes Skewer 4
    Razor 1
    Malibu 3
    I'm at tour 5. Current clubs-

Em2
    Viper4
    Goliath1
    Runner3
    Junglist2
    Sahara1
    Dart5

I've been too indecisive with my upgrade strategy. Especially with the short and long iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I'm getting smoked on Tour 6.

3. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I just figured out my club upgrade strategy...it's kind of important.

I just got my EM and I'm going to go all in on it.

I'll go up to viper 7 unless I hit a hammerhead soon. I'm at viper 4 and it's fine, cash position is keeping me from bumping it to 6 (I have the cards).

Long iron I really don't know what to do. I think I'll just deal with a crappy Goliath until I unlock something good--upgrade it from a 1 to a 3 when cash permits. I could go backbone 6 right now but the Goliath is more useful in shoot-outs, just having the reach.

I'm going back down to my Apache4 and will keep it there until I hit a Thorn or Hornet, then I'll dump coin into whichever I unlock first.

Wedge--Dart6 is great. All I need is that ball guide. I'll swap it for an Endbringer if I ever unlock one.

Rough iron -- Junglist is good enough, has solid reach. No upgrades until I unlock new club, looking to score a Razor sometime.

The Sahara1 I just got is about as good as The Sand Lizard, but I bet I'll get far more Sand Lizard cards in time. I'll hold off on Sahara 3 upgrade and plan on dropping more coin into the Sand Lizard.

Slick, any advice on what to do with the Long Iron slot?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I do pretty well if I'm not drunk when I play.

I use a Backbone 7 over the Goliath 4, Hawg. The accuracy makes up for the lack of distance. You need the Goliath for the shootouts on Tour 3 but I've been using the Backbone on Tours 4 and 5.

The Viper is a good wood but you're going to need a Big Dawg to be able to reach those long par 5s.

You'll like the Razor once you unlock it and the best sand wedge is the Malibu.

You're right in that the ball guide is where it's at. Especially with rough, sand and wedges.

7. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I just realized that my kids downloaded this game. I'm dominating tour 1! Take that, newbs!

out of curiosity, are you guys spending real money on this game, or just what it gives you for winning?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I just realized that my kids downloaded this game. I'm dominating tour 1! Take that, newbs!

out of curiosity, are you guys spending real money on this game, or just what it gives you for winning?
    Not spending any money. Eff that.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Not spending any money. Eff that.
    Ya no...I don't spend money on mobile games. My money is saved for Xbox and PC games.

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Anyone else have trouble with putting? That seems to be the hardest thing for me. I get maybe 80-90% perfects on my wedge, but nowhere near that % of perfects on my putts, which should be just as easy. I don't get it.

I've dialed back my strategy a bit. I've been too careless with my spending--upgrading clubs etc, and I end up hovering around 0 coins if I keep playing tour 4. So I'm going to keep a 10x entry buffer of cash from now on, so I'm just about ready to try tour 3 again once I hit 11x. Then if I lose, I'll need to win 4 more (net) to try tour 3 again, and so on, until I hit 33000 for tour 4. It will take a while, but hell I enjoy the game for the game itself, I'm not in any kind of hurry. And on top of that you really start to dial in on the courses to where you are winning a lot. I'm about 70% winning on my last 50 games, and I enjoy winning more than anything.

Saving my gems for clubs. Finally got that Malibu, it's solid. Can actually hole it from the bunkers now.

Really need a better short iron and rough iron though.

The Razor is a great rough iron, Hawg. You'll like it. Has good distance and a great ball guide.

Short iron I'm using a Runner or on my other account the Hornet.

I miss some putts from time to time. Sometimes I just miss it and other times my putt meter starts lagging really bad and doesn't putt when I let go. My tablet is an old Samsung that I rooted and flashed a new OS so it's probably not quite got the hardware to really run the game firing on all cylinders.

I miss some putts from time to time. Sometimes I just miss it and other times my putt meter starts lagging really bad and doesn't putt when I let go. My tablet is an old Samsung that I rooted and flashed a new OS so it's probably not quite got the hardware to really run the game firing on all cylinders.
    Yea, I'm not sure i've ever missed a putt, even a super long impossible putt. I almost feel like it is too easy to putt personally.

17. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It feels laggy sometimes when I putt...but not when I chip or hit driver/iron...idk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Finally got my win % back up to 59%. Need to win 12 more in a row to get to 60%. Nearly 500 games in.

I don't know if this is by design or if I'm wrong, but it seems like the game starts you out on fire and then it's a slog--so spend some $$ if you want to keep up the early winning ways. I think I was 70% through my first 100 or so games then dropped down to 54 or 53%. I think 60% will be a challenge to maintain if you keep going up in tours. Need +5 net wins to perma-hop to tour 4. Tour 3 is a blast though, love these courses.

So here's a question--I have unlocked tour 5, but I haven't seen any tour 5 club cards in the daily store. Do you have to have a certain number of trophies to unlock those clubs in the store?

You might start getting Tour 5 clubs in the free chests if you gave unlocked Tour 5.

Your pin chests will give you clubs or club cards depending on which tour you played while filling up the pin chest.

The silver, gold and platinum chests will give you clubs or club cards from the tojrthe chest dropped from

I got a Sniper and a Skewer from free chests once I had unlocked tour 6.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information