Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Clash

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Still haven't decided. I wonder if I do Pro if it will put me in a pod with players with similar clubs, etc., so that I have a chance. The pro chests in Pro are so much better. All the prizes. But probably rookie for now. You?
    I thought I read somewhere that you are placed in groups with players who have similar trophy counts. Clubs don't factor in.

After reading GC Tommy's guide I decided to go Rookie. Two of the Par 5s are really long and the Par 3s are wood shots from the Pro tees.

You're going to have to score at least a -12 on 9 holes or -24 for 18 holes to have a shot and I won't be able to do that on Pro.

I'd like to at least get a top 3 banner before I move up to Pro.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that you are placed in groups with players who have similar trophy counts. Clubs don't factor in.

After reading GC Tommy's guide I decided to go Rookie. Two of the Par 5s are really long and the Par 3s are wood shots from the Pro tees.

You're going to have to score at least a -12 on 9 holes or -24 for 18 holes to have a shot and I won't be able to do that on Pro.

I'd like to at least get a top 3 banner before I move up to Pro.
    That's what I'm thinking, move up to Pro tourney after a top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Maybe I should trophy dump. I'm sitting at 1600.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

People certainly trophy dump. It might be a good strategy. I figured the best strategy was to move up slowly through the tours. One, it helps you from having too many trophies for the tournament brackets and two, you aren't getting killed by players with clubs that are way more upgraded than yours.

That's why I did the second account. To take it even slower.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Too slow for me!

I'm like Buff in a Ferrari up in this biotch.

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Used up all my good luck. Super hard to get eagle on hole 9. Come to think of it, it's hard to do better than -11 without serious luck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q1Football.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	11716

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Name:	Screenshot_20180129-143048.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	11717

Name:	Screenshot_20180129-143041.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	11718

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Used up all my good luck. Super hard to get eagle on hole 9. Come to think of it, it's hard to do better than -11 without serious luck.

Name:	Q1Football.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	11716
    Well played!

I can't do any better than -12. I made a ridiculous putt on Hole 9 for that eagle. Had to use a Kingmaker ball on that hole too.

No way I shoot that score from the pro tees.

11. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Nice work. Yeah, I broke out a Titan for 9 and a Katana for the weird par 3. I think we are safe...

Yeah, you gotta have side spin for that last par 3. Plus if you're using a backbone you need the extra distance those balls give you.

I won 30 Titans in that last tourney so I saved them up for this week.

I went

Hole 1: Basic ball
    Hole 2: Basic ball
    Hole 3: Titan- bombed that drive and bounced over to the next fairway for a shorter shot at the green.
    Hole 4: Used a Marlin I think
    Hole 5: Navigator
    Hole 6: Titan
    Hole 7: Titan
    Hole 8: Marlin
    Hole 9: Kingmaker

14. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I've been dicking around with my B-52, besides the meager backspin, it's a great club. This is the bag I'm using on the tourney, swapping Spitfire w/ Malibu on a hole or two.

Name:	touchdownbag.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	11719

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There really should be a Hawg Driver.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Name:	Screenshot_20180129-162441.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	11720

I have a B52 on my other account but it's a level 1 still. Backbone is still the superior club in that case.

Do you like the Cataclysm?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I have a B52 on my other account but it's a level 1 still. Backbone is still the superior club in that case.

Do you like the Cataclysm?
    I like it but it's it's not good enough for Tour 7. For the tourney, it has the curl, distance, and backspin you need. It's like my Big Dawg 4 but better.

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information