Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 12 (Raiders week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I think Broncos will win over Oakland this Sunday. Bill Musgrave should know raiders defense's weak and strength. He was raiders' offense coordinator last year.

Raiders' defensive coordinator Norton was fired. Their new coordinator will screw raiders defense up.

2. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Ted Gregory
    lol.

Oops...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    If he had improved at all from last year, he would have won the job in preseason. Too much talk of him not being mentally ready. I hope for the sake of the team that he’s good but has anyone seen evidence of this at any point since we drafted him?
    Shhh...don't mention any of that. People want to hide their heads in the sand and assume Paxton's going to be amazing.

And I guess I'll leave my two doubloons out of it and leave them to be excited about the fact that the team is getting it's pirate on, arrr!!

Hopefully he proves us silly irrational emo doubters wrong, but when he doesn't hopefully that will be the end of it and we can stop this nonsense of giving him more time next year. If he can't prove he deserves it in the remaining games, we need to take full advantage of our high draft pick and draft a contender.

*Edit* To clarify though, I'm not saying if he doesn't show enough by years end cut him, just draft a QB with what will hopefully be a top five pick because this is a great draft class. It would suck pinning our hopes on him figuring it out next year and have to endure another season like this. Especially considering as of right now, next years QB class doesn't look nearly as nice.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 11-22-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Don't pull any of that damn mountain boy coffee drinking shit here.

You guys are selling Lynch short.
    I think we'd be happy to sell him at any price...

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Shhh...don't mention any of that. People want to hide their heads in the sand and assume Paxton's going to be amazing.

And I guess I'll leave my two doubloons out of it and leave them to be excited about the fact that the team is getting it's pirate on, arrr!!

Hopefully he proves us silly irrational emo doubters wrong, but when he doesn't hopefully that will be the end of it and we can stop this nonsense of giving him more time next year. If he can't prove he deserves it in the remaining games, we need to take full advantage of our high draft pick and draft a contender.

*Edit* To clarify though, I'm not saying if he doesn't show enough by years end cut him, just draft a QB with what will hopefully be a top five pick because this is a great draft class. It would suck pinning our hopes on him figuring it out next year and have to endure another season like this. Especially considering as of right now, next years QB class doesn't look nearly as nice.
    You are lumping a lot of people into this.

Exactly ONE poster has claimed PL will be amazing.

The rest of us are rational and want him to play and HOPE there is SOMETHING that materializes so that we don't have to spend ANOTHER first round pick on a QB, but we are not assuming he will be great, we are HOPING. There is a difference.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Beat them Raiders, Paxton. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

The rest of us are rational and want him to play and HOPE there is SOMETHING that materializes so that we don't have to spend ANOTHER first round pick on a QB, but we are not assuming he will be great, we are HOPING. There is a difference.
    It's 99% sarcasm in response to Tneds response about "irrational emo's." My apologies if anyone else got caught up in my derision.

I genuinely hope that Paxton does well (though not well enough to win, even if we aren't going QB, that high draft pick is key to rebuilding and we're out of the playoff picture) If we don't have to draft a QB, awesome. But I just have very little faith.

Everyone keeps saying "oh it's only been 2.5 games" It's a lot more than that. There have been countless reports regarding his work ethic, his lack of mental capacity for the game of football, ect... The evidence is there, we can employ wishful thinking, but there is a reason he hasn't managed to win the starting job.

Unless he makes some huge leap forward, he doesn't seem very promising at all.

Exactly, and we recognize that you can't make a determination of bust after seeing 2.5 games, especially in a player that was never expected to be able to compete for the job as a rookie (when he played those 2.5 games) and even was considered a long-shot to be ready in his second year. Now that he's been with the team for a season and a half, now and next training camp is when we should start to see indications of whether he can or can't be a viable NFL starter.

If he looks as lost now as he did as a rookie, that will be concerning. However, we also have to recognize that due to his shoulder injury, he's been severely limited in terms of reps over the first 11 weeks of the season (plus the couple weeks at the end of preseason), and that will probably hurt his timing/accuracy.

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

It's 99% sarcasm in response to Tneds response about "irrational emo's." My apologies if anyone else got caught up in my derision.

I genuinely hope that Paxton does well (though not well enough to win, even if we aren't going QB, that high draft pick is key to rebuilding and we're out of the playoff picture) If we don't have to draft a QB, awesome. But I just have very little faith.

Everyone keeps saying "oh it's only been 2.5 games" It's a lot more than that. There have been countless reports regarding his work ethic, his lack of mental capacity for the game of football, ect... The evidence is there, we can employ wishful thinking, but there is a reason he hasn't managed to win the starting job.

Unless he makes some huge leap forward, he doesn't seem very promising at all.
    Yes, a very good reason, he was a 2-3 year project that came out of a spread offense where they called plays in from the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yes, a very good reason, he was a 2-3 year project that came out of a spread offense where they called plays in from the sideline.
    Eventually you have to stop clinging to the "2-3 year project" and start calling a spade a spade.

We'll see what we have Sunday.

I'm all for him starting the rest of the year. But I would hope by that point if he still hasn't shown anything more than we've seen so far we can wash our hands of this.

If we give him another year next year, this team is going to be a hot mess in 2018 just like it was this year.

He needs to either step his ass up and QB this football team, or we need to sign, trade or draft someone who will. I don't have have a lot of patience for this crap.

We've basically suffered through 3 years of terrible QB'ing. Yes we won the Superbowl one of those three years, but enough is enough. I made excuses for and pinned my hopes on Trevor, I'm not going to do the same thing again for another year with Paxton. He's either got it or he doesn't. Finish the year out and figure out which one it is.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 11-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Eventually you have to stop clinging to the "2-3 year project" and start calling a spade a spade.

We'll see what we have Sunday.

I'm all for him starting the rest of the year. But I would hope by that point if he still hasn't shown anything more than we've seen so far we can wash our hands of this.

If we give him another year next year, this team is going to be a hot mess in 2018 just like it was this year.

He needs to either step his ass up and QB this football team, or we need to sign, trade or draft someone who will. I don't have have a lot of patience for this crap.
    Remember it took 16 games for Goff to not look like a possible bust.

What we need to look for is improvement, we may not see what is needed to be seen for a few weeks as he gets more live action.

16. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Remember it took 16 games for Goff to not look like a possible bust.

What we need to look for is improvement, we may not see what is needed to be seen for a few weeks as he gets more live action.
    If we see signs of improvement (and not small improvement like signs he's actually capable of grasping an NFL offense) I'm fine with him sticking around, but if he continues to look like a lost puppy out there...I don't really want to throw another season away based on what some other QB was able to accomplish.

There has to be signs of growth and development there.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Agreed. We probably will be top 5 in the draft, if he doesn't show enough we will probably need to take a QB as this will be the best opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He wasn’t mentally ready, probably still isn’t.
    that's usually what happens to qbs deemed a 2-3 year project...right?

all I know is pax has as much raw physical talent as any qb in the game...now if the coaches can get his head screwed on right and he starts to see the field ...we may have something

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Except that their best pass rusher lines up over the RT. Be prepared for Mack to stake his claim for DPOY after this week. It’s gonna be like Claiborne did to the Cowboys. I predict Mack gets at least 3 sacks.

your basing that on the assumption Musgrave doesn't slide help over to the RT I guess, since kubiak and McCoy never would

I recall what he did to von last year, do you?, as I recall the first series von sacked carr, and Musgrave put in six olinement to eliminate von

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information