Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Allbright: Broncos quietly shopped Demaryius Thomas at trade deadline

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I’m happy he got paid and that he doesn’t act like a normal jackass WR and that he won a ring with us.
    He beat the Steelers.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He beat the Steelers.
    You bet your ass he did!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    We need a QB that can get him the ball before we call him over the hill. They all drop a pass now and then. If the ball is where it is supposed to be it makes it more catchable.
    So wait? Hitting him in the hands isnt catchable now?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

I’m happy he got paid and that he doesn’t act like a normal jackass WR and that he won a ring with us.
    I'll add offensive captain, longest current tenure Bronco, a season and decent QB play away from owning every Bronco receiving record, ever, etc......oh ya, and he's been a pretty good soldier. I can live with drop now and then (not that I don't yell) when the guy has this pedigree and is at least trying to chase down guys running 100 yards on a pick 6, or what basically was. (Sanders too, btw). It's probably a bad ******* idea to shitcan one of our lone offensive playmakers....not to mention the cap hit and prior mentioned pedigree. Maybe, I dunno, fix other shit (qb, te, slot wr, rt, etc) before we go full retard? Or not, **** if I know
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

8. The Following 8 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

You bet your ass he did!
    He caught a super bowl record 13 passes, injured, while we got our shit packed in. Really....that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Dude this is the first time ive ever heard a report use a vegan diet as a reason why a team is shopping him..... Do people know the human body actually doesn't need meat to be strong as a ox? You can go your entire life without eating meat and be just fine, you can also eat some meats and be just fine. This article is so shitty and bronco fans here are so dull they didn't even notice the report blaming a got damn vegetables diet......
    I would have believed it more if the guy said DT sucks because he's tired

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I just have a good metabolism, try to exercise, and watch what I eat. In other words, I am the anti-slim.
    Do you drink beer? Taste great, but empty calories.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Do you drink beer? Taste great, but empty calories.
    Only when i'm out at the bar with some friends, so a few times a month.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    He has been a great receiver for us, especially during the Manning years but at what point do you say, "thanks for everything, but we want to go younger, and cheaper".. 6 TD's in 2015, 5 TD's in 2016, and 3 so far in 2017, too much $$$ to be paying someone we don't have a good enough QB to utilize him with.
    He doesn't turn 30 til Christmas Day; how much younger you wanna go, HS? If we're ever going to develop a young QB, one thing we need in addition to a line that can protect him while he's scanning the field and reading coverage is quality RECEIVERS who can catch his passes.

Bottom line on young QBs is that if you ever want one to develop into an NFL calibre passer, you better surround him with NFL calibre blocking, running and receiving, because whatever he's got while LEARNING the position at the pro level is what he'll be accustomed to as a finished product. If he spends his first five years developing bad habits and reflexes to compensate for the waiver wire rejects impersonating his teammates, those will be hard to shake if/when he finally gets a decent supporting cast later. I remain convinced that's a whole lot of our problem with Oz, Siemian, Lynch and however many successors they'll have.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Besides DT's proneness of dropping the ball my biggest knock on him is he isn't a leader. This team has too many high salary players who fall short on the leadership aspect of their jobs and DT definitely falls within that group. He's rock solid after the catch when catches the ball and seems like a good kid but over paid for what he has shown since signing the big contract. The Broncos would be justified in asking for a pay cut at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    He doesn't turn 30 til Christmas Day; how much younger you wanna go, HS? If we're ever going to develop a young QB, one thing we need in addition to a line that can protect him while he's scanning the field and reading coverage is quality RECEIVERS who can catch his passes.

Bottom line on young QBs is that if you ever want one to develop into an NFL calibre passer, you better surround him with NFL calibre blocking, running and receiving, because whatever he's got while LEARNING the position at the pro level is what he'll be accustomed to as a finished product. If he spends his first five years developing bad habits and reflexes to compensate for the waiver wire rejects impersonating his teammates, those will be hard to shake if/when he finally gets a decent supporting cast later. I remain convinced that's a whole lot of our problem with Oz, Siemian, Lynch and however many successors they'll have.
    Dude was dropping 5 yard hook passes Sunday. My issue is he's had a nagging injury that's lasted for over 2+ years, it isn't going to go away.

Give me young, healthy, fast slot receivers that aren't afraid to get hit running through the middle.

At this point, I'd rather have talented blocking, than receiving
    Last edited by tripp; 11-22-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Dude was dropping 5 yard hook passes Sunday. My issue is he's had a nagging injury that's lasted for over 2+ years, it isn't going to go away.

Give me young, healthy, fast slot receivers that aren't afraid to get hit running through the middle.

At this point, I'd rather have talented blocking, than receiving
    New England seems they can throw any WR out there and Brady finds a way to get them the ball.
    We do not have a Tom Brady.
    30 is still not old for WR. We need just need to find someone to get the ball close so those catch's can be made.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

New England seems they can throw any WR out there and Brady finds a way to get them the ball.
    We do not have a Tom Brady.
    30 is still not old for WR. We need just need to find someone to get the ball close so those catch's can be made.
    I'm not a QB, or a QB coach, but I imagine throwing to a slot receiver vs a wide receiver is a much easier task. Especially when you're dealing with a rookie QB. High % completions vs low % completions, and low risk turn overs. I'd rather consistent 5 yard gains, than the odd 15 yard gain. That's just my opinion on slot vs wide receivers.

In terms of DT, he's not old yet, but he's on the wrong side of 20, he has a history of injuries, one that seems to linger. He's got a big contract that I feel the money could be used to go somewhere more important such as an offensive lineman. From what I've read, he'll be here for another year, then he could potentially be cut in the 2019 season

And as I've said before, his production is down the past 3 years because of the low quality QB's we've had here in Denver, that's not his fault no... but why have a top 10 WR and pay him big $$$ when we can't get him the ball half the time?

I'm not a QB, or a QB coach, but I imagine throwing to a slot receiver vs a wide receiver is a much easier task. Especially when you're dealing with a rookie QB. High % completions vs low % completions, and low risk turn overs. I'd rather consistent 5 yard gains, than the odd 15 yard gain. That's just my opinion on slot vs wide receivers.

In terms of DT, he's not old yet, but he's on the wrong side of 20, he has a history of injuries, one that seems to linger. He's got a big contract that I feel the money could be used to go somewhere more important such as an offensive lineman. From what I've read, he'll be here for another year, then he could potentially be cut in the 2019 season

And as I've said before, his production is down the past 3 years because of the low quality QB's we've had here in Denver, that's not his fault no... but why have a top 10 WR and pay him big $$$ when we can't get him the ball half the time?
    How long before defenses figure out you are throwing to the slot all the time?

Of course he's on the wrong side of 20. Aren't they all?

So you think we should have NO QB or WR's worth a shit then?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

How long before defenses figure out you are throwing to the slot all the time?

Of course he's on the wrong side of 20. Aren't they all?

So you think we should have NO QB or WR's worth a shit then?
    We don't have ANY QB worth a shit right now, why would I want an elite WR that's getting paid big money that won't be used properly.

I don't think Tyreek Hill is on the wrong side of 20, no mileage compared to DT.

Again, I'm not claiming to be the next OC guru, but when they start to figure out most of your throws are going to the slot, that's when you take a shot down the field?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information