Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph not ruling out starting Trevor Siemian in Week 12

Default Joseph not ruling out starting Trevor Siemian in Week 12

"Joseph will confer with newly-tapped offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave before rendering a decision."

I don't know what to say to this. There's delusion and then there's complete stupidity. Complete stupidity is believing in the face of reality, that any of the QBs on this roster are possible long-term starters.

Of course, they need to put Paxton in and see if he's worth squat. Give him 6 games to try and see if he can improve.

If not, then you know they need to use a top 10 pick on a QB. Right now, the Broncos have scored fewer TDs on the season than they have committed turnovers.

"You have to go to Paxton Lynch, and implement some of the stretch zone read concepts" -- Mark Schlereth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good grief.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Cugel you read way too much into thing's.... Many of you do but you are by far one of the worst which is why nobody has commented on your thread bro.....

Trevor will never play another game as the Broncos quarterback this year. Musgrave isn't an idiot, he was with derek card last year and seen what a nfl arm is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Cugel you read way too much into thing's.... Many of you do but you are by far one of the worst which is why nobody has commented on your thread bro.....

Trevor will never play another game as the Broncos quarterback this year. Musgrave isn't an idiot, he was with derek card last year and seen what a nfl arm is.
    Um, you posted a whole five minutes after the thread was created.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Your only reply was good grief.....

N every thread you have people piling on Vance.... What we starting our own threads to take lame jabs at coach now? If the team is spiraling outta control then so is the fan's who are clearly going nutty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Your only reply was good grief.....
    At least we know you can read.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

N every thread you have people piling on Vance.... What we starting our own threads to take lame jabs at coach now? If the team is spiraling outta control then so is the fan's who are clearly going nutty.
    He's been indecisive and the team is undisciplined, time management has been a problem and the team is on a six game losing streak. He deserves some ******* criticism.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

im glad kelly got IRd now.

Keep him away from these coaches

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

of course. . . joseph isn't "ruling out" anything because he has no plan. . . he's just waiting for john to tell him what to say and do. . .

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    of course. . . joseph isn't "ruling out" anything because he has no plan. . . he's just waiting for john to tell him what to say and do. . .
    Damn, Dog, you don't like the leader of men.

As to the thread. I think VJ was trying to make a few points. First, as he previously said, it wasn't a Trevor problem, it was a unit problem. They tried benching Trevor and putting Brock in as a means to stabilize the offense, and the results were pretty much the same. Hence, the leader of that unit had to go (I think he also said he talked to McCoy about the need to do things differently, but the change/results never came -- something like that).

Beyond that, he said he was going to get with Musgrave and discuss with him which QB he thinks is the best fit for the offense he wants to roll out, and as such is not ruling anything out. So, while he said he wasn't ruling Trevor out, he also didn't give any indication it was likely. Same with Paxton over Brock, although he did have the comment about Paxton having to learn the changes that Musgrave would put in place (which kind of indicates any deviation would be more challenging for Lynch than the other two).

So, clear as mud, but I don't think its as much about having no plan as it is taking time to sit down with the new OC, talk about the problems, what's been at the root of it, and trying to field a starting group to get back to winning. I know fans would like to lose out, but guys like VJ, Musgrave and others are playing for their jobs, in Denver and elsewhere, so tanking for a better draft pick isn't on the top of their todo list.
    Last edited by Tned; 11-20-2017 at 06:44 PM.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Had my fire alarm go off in the house false alarm, so was rather unfocused and had messed up that last paragraph, but just fixed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Bring back McDaniels!

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Bring back McDaniels!
    McDoosh would still be here if he had just handed Hillis the rock and his wife...

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I would hope not. I am not all bent out of shape about this, because I don't believe it will happen. But, it is a statement by Vance Joseph, so it's worth reporting.

I think he is considering it, because Paxton sucks and they all know he can't do the job. But, it makes no sense.

As for your criticizing my judgment, well, considering the source, I consider that a compliment.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information