Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph not ruling out starting Trevor Siemian in Week 12

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It would be incredibly hilarious if Siemian was to start again.
    If the true intent is just to flat out tank, might not be the worst idea!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it's not accurate to say that i'd "like" to lose out. . . make no mistake, i sat in front of my TV and rooted for the schlubs to make a play. . . i absolutely do think evaluating our young players for next year should take priority over selling out to get another win or two. . . we're not getting back in the playoff hunt now, that's purely delusional thinking. . . they need to get lynch and the kids out there because it's what's best for the organization. . . i don't care about musgrave's career, he isn't here to polish his resume. . .

also, let's be honest. . . there's legitimately "tanking," and then there's admitting that you suck, and getting a leg up on the off-season is now more valuable than playing for pride. . . kids have to get reps and make mistakes to learn-- let them do it now in a season that's not going anywhere. . . almost all of our top talent is aging, this organization desperately needs to develop some fresh blood. . . this season is already lost, whether we get some more wins or not-- IMO, it just makes it into a total loss if we don't at least use what's left of it to evaluate and develop. . .
    Agreed, which is why I've stated I think Lynch should start.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And as someone tweeted earlier:

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It would be incredibly hilarious if Siemian was to start again.
    Hell start again. Just not in Denver..... Musgrave isn't an idiot. He's seen what Trevor had too offer and was part of why he was benched. He's also seen enough of Brock, Musgrave is likelwto be our OC next year anyway so he doesn't need to make a safe decision and try to go with the safest options over the wild card rookie with the big arm and mobility. Don't be surprised if we whip out a ton of shotgun spread offense shit offense/ read option run/pass stuff.

You have a point.

But we're going to lose anyway playing the pups allowing them too develop. No need for Trevor to get in the way of Paxton reps.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Agreed, which is why I've stated I think Lynch should start.
    and i should clarify further-- i don't think you're necessarily wrong that VJ and co. would be thinking about their job security. . . but if they are, elway needs to clunk their heads together and remind them who they work for. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Lol @ people who think McD would come in and have any say over guys like Miller and DT getting traded with Elway having full control over that stuff.
    Lol @ people thinking he'd be a great HC despite evidence to the contrary.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    and i should clarify further-- i don't think you're necessarily wrong that VJ and co. would be thinking about their job security. . . but if they are, elway needs to clunk their heads together and remind them who they work for. . .
    Yes, that's true, but Elway also doesn't want to go back to the 10,000+ no shows they were getting the last time they totally went in the tank. There is a balancing act that Elway needs to walk between preparing for the future, and winning now, meaning next week, the week after, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Yes, that's true, but Elway also doesn't want to go back to the 10,000+ no shows they were getting the last time they totally went in the tank. There is a balancing act that Elway needs to walk between preparing for the future, and winning now, meaning next week, the week after, etc.
    Eh most of our remaining games are on the road anyway... seriously though, if I was a ticket buying fan I wouldn’t if I knew Siemian was starting. Why put myself through that all over again? I’d rather see Lynch lose than Siemian lose. That’s the bottom line and I think most fans would agree.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Eh most of our remaining games are on the road anyway... seriously though, if I was a ticket buying fan I wouldn’t if I knew Siemian was starting. Why put myself through that all over again? I’d rather see Lynch lose than Siemian lose. That’s the bottom line and I think most fans would agree.
    I think they should start Lynch, said that repeatedly. I was just addressing the overall fact that the front office is going to look at things a little different than fans when it comes to winning vs. losing for a better draft pick.

They take great pride in how few losing seasons they've had under Mr. Bowlen's ownership, and that lack of losing goes a long way to 73,000+ season ticket waiting list. After the bad two year stretch after McDaniel's losing ways, the renewal rates was the worst it had been in decades and what was a 15 or so year wait for season tickets dropped to the point where people that went on the list 4-6 years earlier were being called with the option to buy season tickets.

So, I'm not saying they should start Siemian, quite the opposite, but I was responding to the idea that Elway should tell VJ that this year doesn't matter, just run a six week training camp to evaluate players for next year.

Just my opinion, very likely it's wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Those No-Shows should be ashamed of themselves anyway, petulant brats.

It’s comforting to know that their NFL record sellout streak is at the mercy of 10,000 teenage girls.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I think they should start Lynch, said that repeatedly. I was just addressing the overall fact that the front office is going to look at things a little different than fans when it comes to winning vs. losing for a better draft pick.

They take great pride in how few losing seasons they've had under Mr. Bowlen's ownership, and that lack of losing goes a long way to 73,000+ season ticket waiting list. After the bad two year stretch after McDaniel's losing ways, the renewal rates was the worst it had been in decades and what was a 15 or so year wait for season tickets dropped to the point where people that went on the list 4-6 years earlier were being called with the option to buy season tickets.

So, I'm not saying they should start Siemian, quite the opposite, but I was responding to the idea that Elway should tell VJ that this year doesn't matter, just run a six week training camp to evaluate players for next year.

Just my opinion, very likely it's wrong, but that's the way I see it.
    So you actually think the Broncos think that we are better with lynch so well win game's....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Those No-Shows should be ashamed of themselves anyway, petulant brats.

It’s comforting to know that their NFL record sellout streak is at the mercy of 10,000 teenage girls.
    Not to let facts stand in the way of a good rant, but...

The no shows don't effect the sellout streak. Around 97% of the Broncos 76,000+ seats are bought by season ticket holders. The few thousand that aren't, are sold out within hours of going on sale in late summer.

The no shows effect concessions, perception, and often then show up in decreased renewals of season tickets, but do not effect the sell out, because the Broncos have every game sold out before the season ever starts.

The fact portion of this show has now been concluded, so we are free to go back to factless rants now...

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    So you actually think the Broncos think that we are better with lynch so well win game's....
    I can't really say. What I can say is that "I" think the Broncos should start Lynch to see what they have in him, that doesn't mean I think he gives the team the best chance to win -- he probably doesn't right now. I'm a fan, not a member of the Broncos front office. So, I can see why winning is important to them, and also feel that starting Lynch is important to me, as a fan.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information