Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph not ruling out starting Trevor Siemian in Week 12

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Seriously though. McD's biggest downfall as a HC was his immaturity. That was, what, 7-8 years ago now? Assuming he's learned some things and grown up, he'd be such a massive upgrade over VJ it's not even funny. I doubt Denver will ever go back to that well because of the history, but it actually would be a solid hire in a vacuum IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Bring back McDaniels!
    Do it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No....just no......

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I like Semen and wouldn’t mind him on my tv screen and/or my face.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No....just no......
    It would be so glorious. Plus, a bunch of people want the team's best players traded anyway: Demaryius Thomas and Von Miller, and to cut Talib. So, let's do this shit. Come on Elway!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It would be so glorious. Plus, a bunch of people want the team's best players traded anyway: Demaryius Thomas and Von Miller, and to cut Talib. So, let's do this shit. Come on Elway!
    You do make a point, McD would trade them all for players with half their talent. Good call!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You do make a point, McD would trade them all for players with half their talent. Good call!
    And a bunch of draft picks he can throw away to draft a RB to play QB in the first round!

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I would hope not. I am not all bent out of shape about this, because I don't believe it will happen. But, it is a statement by Vance Joseph, so it's worth reporting.

I think he is considering it, because Paxton sucks and they all know he can't do the job. But, it makes no sense.

As for your criticizing my judgment, well, considering the source, I consider that a compliment.
    First, it's being blown out of proportion.

On whether there’s a possibility Siemian could start again this season
    “That’s possible. We’ve got three guys on the roster that we like and we’ll see what Bill’s vision for the offense is and who fits it best.”

Second, after all those hits, Siemian was seeing ghosts and looked like Lynch did in his two starts, running when he should be standing in and standing when he should be running. If they feel that with time on the sideline and removed from the hits that he's good to go again, then it would also be good to see what he can do with another OC, but IMO, the most important thing is to see what Lynch can do.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    And a bunch of draft picks he can throw away to draft a RB to play QB in the first round!
    Who can forget Dick Quinn!

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lol @ people who think McD would come in and have any say over guys like Miller and DT getting traded with Elway having full control over that stuff.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Good point, he could trade away the talent we currently have, but first deny trying to and have fans spam the forum with "teams called and he said no" and then he could draft the second biggest QB bust in Broncos history (ok with Lynch it could be third biggest by the time he's rehired).

Lot's of season ticket holders will get to upgrade their seats after a year or two of McD.

I'm on board, let's do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

So, clear as mud, but I don't think its as much about having no plan as it is taking time to sit down with the new OC, talk about the problems, what's been at the root of it, and trying to field a starting group to get back to winning. I know fans would like to lose out, but guys like VJ, Musgrave and others are playing for their jobs, in Denver and elsewhere, so tanking for a better draft pick isn't on the top of their todo list.
    it's not accurate to say that i'd "like" to lose out. . . make no mistake, i sat in front of my TV and rooted for the schlubs to make a play. . . i absolutely do think evaluating our young players for next year should take priority over selling out to get another win or two. . . we're not getting back in the playoff hunt now, that's purely delusional thinking. . . they need to get lynch and the kids out there because it's what's best for the organization. . . i don't care about musgrave's career, he isn't here to polish his resume. . .

also, let's be honest. . . there's legitimately "tanking," and then there's admitting that you suck, and getting a leg up on the off-season is now more valuable than playing for pride. . . kids have to get reps and make mistakes to learn-- let them do it now in a season that's not going anywhere. . . almost all of our top talent is aging, this organization desperately needs to develop some fresh blood. . . this season is already lost, whether we get some more wins or not-- IMO, it just makes it into a total loss if we don't at least use what's left of it to evaluate and develop. . .

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    First, it's being blown out of proportion.

On whether there’s a possibility Siemian could start again this season
    “That’s possible. We’ve got three guys on the roster that we like and we’ll see what Bill’s vision for the offense is and who fits it best.”

Second, after all those hits, Siemian was seeing ghosts and looked like Lynch did in his two starts, running when he should be standing in and standing when he should be running. If they feel that with time on the sideline and removed from the hits that he's good to go again, then it would also be good to see what he can do with another OC, but IMO, the most important thing is to see what Lynch can do.
    Lmao the Trevor fan's are creeping back into blindness..... Sitting on the bench in college didn't make him a better qb... It's going to work at the highest hardest level though huh?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It would be incredibly hilarious if Siemian was to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it's not accurate to say that i'd "like" to lose out. . . make no mistake, i sat in front of my TV and rooted for the schlubs to make a play. . . i absolutely do think evaluating our young players for next year should take priority over selling out to get another win or two. . . we're not getting back in the playoff hunt now, that's purely delusional thinking. . . they need to get lynch and the kids out there because it's what's best for the organization. . . i don't care about musgrave's career, he isn't here to polish his resume. . .

also, let's be honest. . . there's legitimately "tanking," and then there's admitting that you suck, and getting a leg up on the off-season is now more valuable than playing for pride. . . kids have to get reps and make mistakes to learn-- let them do it now in a season that's not going anywhere. . . almost all of our top talent is aging, this organization desperately needs to develop some fresh blood. . . this season is already lost, whether we get some more wins or not-- IMO, it just makes it into a total loss if we don't at least use what's left of it to evaluate and develop. . .
    Bingo......

The kid's need too play, that means screw you Olivia walker doesn't need too master no punt coverage too get reps rushing the passer which is why we drafted him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information