Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos fire OC Mike McCoy

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I mean - we are in basic agreement that it's not an effective way to call plays that outsmart your own players. He absolutely should have tried to curtail some of that... He's coming off of stints with Peyton Manning and Phil Rivers, so he probably needed to pull back on the reigns a little bit in trying to apply that to Siemian and Osweiler (god help Paxton Lynch).

But the idea that it's a fireable offense in his first season back after 10 games is absurd... We have no talent and we have shitty QBs, and so we fire our OC because the team is too shitty to execute his schemes? Sorry - I just think that stinks, and it lacks accountability from the leaders. There is a word for that, but Tned is sick of hearing it so...
    I don't disagree... McCoy is a scapegoat. I'm ok with that word. The team needed to show that they are doing something. Firing VJ looks bad on Elway, and firing anyone else either doesn't make much sense, or seem like it's actually addressing a "problem".

So... the word scapegoat isn't unfair at all.

At the same time though, McCoy's offense has sucked out loud for basically 9 out of our 10 games.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So you think the offense has been well tailored for our players and that they seemed well prepared week in and week out?
    in fairness, they should hire dave logan as OC if they want a scheme that's tailored to fit our players. . .

(for those who don't know the reference, logan is a high school coach)

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Its a good thing that McCoy is gone, so now if VJ cant right the ship they can replace him at the end of the season as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    in fairness, they should hire dave logan as OC if they want a scheme that's tailored to fit our players. . .

That would be amazing for the broadcast. I would listen to every second.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Hey, the Rockies did it with Weiss! (And lost a lot, but at least the players felt comfortable.)

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Would vote for this. 10/10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

a high school guy should be qualified to install the read-option for lynch, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Sbow me one team with a dominate passing attack thqt doesn't have one that stands out from the other's, then show me a team that has a great passing attack that doesn't have a good quarterback.....

The Broncos only problem is the quarterback, don't blame DT for being tired of running a route as his quarterback stares him down all the way so to the point he's playing defense/getting blown up once he turns for the ball.

There are quite a few teams who has a highly paid wideout.

Buy into the bullshit about just having a group of JAGS if you want.
    Did it ever occur to you that DT is a jag that got paid thanks to Peyton Manning? Manning makes WR's great.

No, I doubt you would admit to that since you worship DT the same way you do Paxton.

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Actually, DT was putting up numbers before Manning got to Denver.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that DT is a jag that got paid thanks to Peyton Manning? Manning makes WR's great.

No, I doubt you would admit to that since you worship DT the same way you do Paxton.
    Thomas is the only top talent on that offense. He produced before Manning got here and has produced since he left. He's producing this year even with the shit they're running out at quarterback.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

DT is a jag?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Danny Amendola, Chris Hogan, and Julian Edelman are nothing like so-called "elite" WR's, but the Pats seem to do OK anyways. Doesn't seem to matter who they line up outside. Seahawks won a SB with pretty mediocre WR's, and a good (not great) QB. The Saints have a consistently deadly passing attack, with all the receivers being pretty much replaceable parts. A well conceived system and fine QB make average WR's look pretty damned good
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually, DT was putting up numbers before Manning got to Denver.
    Numbers along the lines of what he was putting up last year. They were good numbers, but they weren't top 5 great. Manning took DT from a top 25 WR and turned him into top 5. When Manning declined, so did DT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Numbers along the lines of what he was putting up last year. They were good numbers, but they weren't top 5 great. Manning took DT from a top 25 WR and turned him into top 5. When Manning declined, so did DT.
    Yea, but Manning took a lot of good/average receivers and allowed them to put up great numbers. While i dont think that DT is 100% necessary to winning it would be disingenuous to say he was only made when Manning was in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

McCoy is 100% scapegoat, he didn’t assemble a fatally flaw offense. These same issues existed long before he was hired.

Elway failed.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information