Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Serious.
    "Dead" serious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    34m34 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Ryan Koenigsberg

If Paxton doesn't play this week, it's because staff doesn't believe ready to execute the game plan. He has been deemed healthy. #Broncos #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Maybe you are right, maybe he is. But if you are paying a guy to play like a top 3 player and be it of a fault of his own, or someone else's, he hasn't done it in the past several years, do you just give him a pass and keep paying him without getting a value for your return?

Bottom line, he's not getting the job done. He's getting older, he's constantly injured and frankly he plays rather soft. Poor QB play aside, he's not worth what we pay him.

Yes we have other issues, but if we get a good enough return on him, he can help us correct some of those other issues simply by going and playing somewhere else.
    I fail to see how dumping DT is going to solve any issues. A young QB will need him and Emanuel and hopefully a slot guy. Denver should be looking to add to the offense, not take away from it. There aren't many guys better than DT.

Denver doesn't need the cap room so when I read stuff like "we need to let go of DT or Aqib Talib" arguably two of their best players, I don't get that point of view.

Let's cut known for unknown even though Denver isn't in cap trouble?

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The price tag of 12m is irrelevant IF he is producing.

IF he was producing, if they did go to a rookie next year or they did go with PL, having a producing DT is a security blanket.

Nothing like hey kid, go out there and learn on the job, and while you are at it go throw to a bunch of nobody's.
    Thats just it though, its not really a make or break with DT in my opinion. When Calvin Johnson retired everyone (including myself) thought the Lions and Stafford would go in the tank. That didnt happen. When the Skins traded away all of Cousins best receivers i once again thought that he would struggle on offense, again didnt happen and has still been very productive on the offensive side of the ball. Right now, the Rams have a winning record throwing to a bunch of nobodies, The Vikings are throwing to a bunch of nobodies, The Pats are still throwing to a bunch of nobodies at the WR position. Meanwhile, teams like Arizona (Fitz), Denver (DT), Dallas (Dez) are all struggling to win ballgames even with some of the best WR's in professional football. I just think at this juncture that the WR position is starting to become a lot like the RB position now where its not as necessary to have the ONE talented player and instead have a group of guys who may not be great but are good enough to get the job done.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    34m34 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Ryan Koenigsberg

If Paxton doesn't play this week, it's because staff doesn't believe ready to execute the game plan. He has been deemed healthy. #Broncos #Denver7

This should make DT88's head explode.

Aren't all three guys going to "learn" the new game plan this week with Musgrave? Are they saying that Siemian and Osweiler could pick it up better than Lynch?

In any case, this is a good week to start Lynch - Musgrave can scheme for him in particular (RPO, half field reads, etc) and the Raiders defense is just plain bad. They've allowed QB's to complete 72% of their passes (!) and have no interceptions through ten games, which I believe is a first in the modern era. You can't find a softer landing spot to take the gloves off Lynch.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I fail to see how dumping DT is going to solve any issues. A young QB will need him and Emanuel and hopefully a slot guy. Denver should be looking to add to the offense, not take away from it. There aren't many guys better than DT.

Denver doesn't need the cap room so when I read stuff like "we need to let go of DT or Aqib Talib" arguably two of their best players, I don't get that point of view.

I blame his vegan diet. He needs to chow down on large quantities of meat, eggs, and cheese.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Denver doesn’t have 3 WR’s and people wanna get rid of one?

Bold strategy, Cotton.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Aren't all three guys going to "learn" the new game plan this week with Musgrave? Are they saying that Siemian and Osweiler could pick it up better than Lynch?

In any case, this is a good week to start Lynch - Musgrave can scheme for him in particular (RPO, half field reads, etc) and the Raiders defense is just plain bad. They've allowed QB's to complete 72% of their passes (!) and have no interceptions through ten games, which I believe is a first in the modern era. You can't find a softer landing spot to take the gloves off Lynch.
    Well, I think based on everything we've heard/read, that it is likely that Lynch will have a harder time with a switchover than Brock or Siemian, but if he's going to play at the pro level, he needs to be able to learn and perform. Put him in coach.

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    And that's precisely why any attempt to paint this as accountability rings a bit hollow. I agree McCoy needed to go. But he's not the only one.

It didn't help matters that the firing was telegraphed...
    Sure, others need to go. What has been the BIGGEST problem? Isn't that where you should start?

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

We need cap (even if you don't believe it, we've got 30 players whose contracts expire this year and only $20M to spend on them. We also need draft picks) If we can trade him to someone, we kill two birds with one stone.

He's part of the issue with this team. We have a culture of softness and he is the king of soft on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thats just it though, its not really a make or break with DT in my opinion. When Calvin Johnson retired everyone (including myself) thought the Lions and Stafford would go in the tank. That didnt happen. When the Skins traded away all of Cousins best receivers i once again thought that he would struggle on offense, again didnt happen and has still been very productive on the offensive side of the ball. Right now, the Rams have a winning record throwing to a bunch of nobodies, The Vikings are throwing to a bunch of nobodies, The Pats are still throwing to a bunch of nobodies at the WR position. Meanwhile, teams like Arizona (Fitz), Denver (DT), Dallas (Dez) are all struggling to win ballgames even with some of the best WR's in professional football. I just think at this juncture that the WR position is starting to become a lot like the RB position now where its not as necessary to have the ONE talented player and instead have a group of guys who may not be great but are good enough to get the job done.
    Yup, free up that cap space for someone like Rodgers, Brees, Luck or Rivers. It's far more important to have a top tier QB than it is a top tier WR. Especially when the top tier WR limps off the field after just about every catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We need cap (even if you don't believe it, we've got 30 players whose contracts expire this year and only $20M to spend on them. We also need draft picks) If we can trade him to someone, we kill two birds with one stone.

He's part of the issue with this team. We have a culture of softness and he is the king of soft on this team.
    We only free up like 5 million next year by cutting or trading him and have an 8 million cap hit. Compensation would have to be amazing

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would love to get something for DT but I think his contract makes him untradeable. All the other teams see the same thing on tape we see, so I doubt he'd draw much interest for the price tag he has.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I would love to get something for DT but I think his contract makes him untradeable. All the other teams see the same thing on tape we see, so I doubt he'd draw much interest for the price tag he has.
    Em, i dont know man. I mean shit, the Browns took Brock's contract knowing what he was so a player who has at least been productive like DT could most certainly draw attention for a team that is one player away from making a run.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information