Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos fire OC Mike McCoy

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    We can dumb down our offense for our mental midget QB Lynch!

I think all of these coaches have sucked, so I can't complain about McCoy going. The biggest thing to me is that we seemed competent in two TE sets but every time we went three WR, we did nothing and often left our QB to get pummeled. If I can see that, McCoy should have too.
    No doubt we could have used more creativity, but this could just as easily read as a critique on Elway and the front office...

How can we run multiple TE sets with a bunch of subpar TEs? I understand we should have matched the talent to the scheme more effectively - but we have no talent at OL or TE and that's going to make it difficult on any OC.

Also, it just seems silly to me that they're suggesting that his scheme is too complex for Paxton Lynch to succeed in it... McCoy won like 8 games in a row with Tebow! Not saying I'm against the move, because all of the coaches deserve to be fired arguably - but it feels like a classic scapegoating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    but it feels like a classic scapegoating.
    that's because it is a classic scapegoating. . . i expected to see this news this morning, they set it up with the leaks yesterday. . . and we're supposed to buy that it was all mccoy's fault, and forget about who hired him. . .

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

One down, one to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that's because it is a classic scapegoating. . . i expected to see this news this morning, they set it up with the leaks yesterday. . . and we're supposed to buy that it was all mccoy's fault, and forget about who hired him. . .
    Yeah when I saw the Rappaport report "Sources say Broncos are frustrated by offensive scheme" I shook my damn head. No reason for anyone in power to leak that out unless they're CYA'ing.

Meanwhile Brandon Marshall with the epic twitter meltdown last night. Too much dysfunction for my tastes.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos fire offensive coordinator Mike McCoy

DENVER - Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph has fired offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.

McCoy was informed by Joseph on Monday he has been relieved of his duties. Joseph then promoted quarterbacks coach Bill Musgrave to offensive coordinator. Musgrave will call the offensive plays Sunday against the Oakland Raiders – one of several NFL teams he has previously served as offensive coordinator.

“I have a responsibility to do what’s best for our football team,'' Joseph said in a statement. "Although this wasn’t an easy decision, we needed to make this change. We have to play a more efficient brand of football offensively as we begin the final stretch of our season.''

Klint Kubiak, son of former Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak, has been promoted from offensive assistant/assistant quarterbacks coach to quarterbacks coach.
    AND - interesting

Multiple players said while McCoy is a good coach and a great guy, he did have so many plays on his sheet, the offense didn’t practice all of them before he called them during the game.
    full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...ccoy/493327060

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Who fired him? Elway or Vance?
    Let me explain how a puppet works. The puppeteer bends the puppet over, takes his hand and shoves it into a cavity in the puppet, then props the puppet back up and magically it starts to say and do things...

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Siemian is a very smart man, but it's not like his grasp of our "complicated" offense helped him succeed. I don't care much how simple or complicated an offense is if it works - this offense was basically terrible. If they're even talking about taking a QB who was just on IR because of injuries and running a read-option with him, though, then the Broncos really are staffed with idiots. Maybe they meant RPO.

I would settle for a "two-progression, then run and slide" offense at this point.
    I'm not sure it would be going from what we currently have to read option, but doing something different. I think these three tweets from Nick Jhabvala yesterday some up the "definition of insanity" that has been the Broncos offensive scheme.

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...77521517203458

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

If they were calling plays that hadn't even been practiced that is also kind of telling.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If they were calling plays that hadn't even been practiced that is also kind of telling.
    It's flat out lunacy. It's so outside the realm of functional coaching that it's almost hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Meanwhile Brandon Marshall with the epic twitter meltdown last night. Too much dysfunction for my tastes.
    What happened? I don't navigate twitter often, but didn't see any news or anything obvious.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I might have missed that. Was that stated someplace?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I might have missed that. Was that stated someplace?
    Second quote in Carol's post above.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I seriously doubt it will be a read option similar to Tebow.

I made a post about that in another thread as a joke, but I really doubt that happens.

I imagine it would still be spread based, with some bootlegs, and just cutting down the reads and picking 1 side of the field or the other.
    This is my assumption as well. Also, this terrifies me:

Mike Klis‏Verified account
    @MikeKlis

Multiple sources said one concern regarding McCoy was his play-sheet had so much volume, plays were called during game that weren't practiced during week. Execution was a problem. 17 turnovers during 6-game skid. #9sports
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Second quote in Carol's post above.
    Thanks. I re-read that post three times, but only the top part, my brain was completely skipping over that second quote block.

Wow, that's bad if that's what he was doing. It's ok to have a massive play list, because then it can be a smorgasbord to choose from as you game plan the opponent, but then you need to practice your game plan and plays you might call leading into the week.

Maybe that explains some of what we've seen both with Trevor and Brock, where they had interceptions and incompletions when the WR ran the wrong route and other cases where the QB and receivers weren't on the same page.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

It kinda sucks when Elway decides to leak this shit tho.

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information