Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VJ presser.....

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    You think it's possible there's a mental issue with Lynch? I believed VJ hinted at that a few weeks ago saying something along the lines of not being "physically or mentally ready"
    He backtracked it once press jumped on it, but putting aside his later spin, that sure seems to be what he was indicating.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    He backtracked it once press jumped on it, but putting aside his later spin, that sure seems to be what he was indicating.
    Agreed... there's something going on there that they are being extremely tight lipped about. Some mental problem seems the most likely, just not real clear what that is. If he doesn't "feel" rehabbed, or doesn't seem motivated or what, but it's a concern...

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

There is noway Elway or anybody would say lynch has mental issues and doesn't work hard lol. Tned read it correctly the first time.

Lynch should very well be starting jext week, there's noway hed been promoted to second string if he didn't earn it because he doesn't work hard, clearly they feel that hes earned it in the film room for one and now that he's healthy Hell get his chance to earn it on the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lynch didnt earn second string, there is just no other QB on the team that is healthy.

I've been wrong before lol, but I think the Lynch decision will be today.

Putting Lynch second string says to me that if during the game we were getting blown out the switch would have been made yesterday.

Yesterdays presser VJ specifically said they will eval if moving on to Lynch. He wasn't asked if Oz would stay starter he was asked specifically if it was Lynch time and he said we will see. So at the very least they are thinking about it.

Who knows though, could be reading too much into it.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I've been wrong before lol, but I think the Lynch decision will be today.

Putting Lynch second string says to me that if during the game we were getting blown out the switch would have been made yesterday.

Yesterdays presser VJ specifically said they will eval if moving on to Lynch. He wasn't asked if Oz would stay starter he was asked specifically if it was Lynch time and he said we will see. So at the very least they are thinking about it.

Who knows though, could be reading too much into it.
    My thoughts are exactly the same as yours, including likely putting him in if it was another blowout.

One thing I don't know has been mentioned, another part of being second string is getting more reps during the week and not running the scout offense. So, with this move, presumably Trevor is running the scout/opposing offense, and they are getting to give Lynch reps in the Broncos offense to see if he has a "great week of practice."

So, while my initial take is/was the same as yours, making him the second string might simply be about getting him more work in the Broncos offense in practice and seeing how he does with it.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lynch didnt earn second string, there is just no other QB on the team that is healthy.
    Trevor is perfectly healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Trevor is perfectly healthy.
    I think his contention is not that Trevor is hurt, but instead he's not a QB (as in viable NFL QB).

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    My thoughts are exactly the same as yours, including likely putting him in if it was another blowout.

One thing I don't know has been mentioned, another part of being second string is getting more reps during the week and not running the scout offense. So, with this move, presumably Trevor is running the scout/opposing offense, and they are getting to give Lynch reps in the Broncos offense to see if he has a "great week of practice."

So, while my initial take is/was the same as yours, making him the second string might simply be about getting him more work in the Broncos offense in practice and seeing how he does with it.
    Might also be a way to slowly work him in, give him another week before going all out. I'm fairly certain Lynch will start this week. I see absolutely no reason not to start him.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Might also be a way to slowly work him in, give him another week before going all out. I'm fairly certain Lynch will start this week. I see absolutely no reason not to start him.
    The only reason I can even fathom is if he's so lost in practice that they think he'll be a completely overwhelmed in the game. Being second string and practicing with the Broncos offense could help that, because when you are third string/scout, you are probably getting pretty minimal development in terms of reps and what you are getting is largely in the other teams offense.

Short of that, I fully agree and I'm also figuring/hoping that he's announced as starter.

And again, for those out there shaking your heads at us wanting Lynch in there...

It has nothing to do with us thinking he is the next big thing, it has everything to do with putting him in there to see if there is ANYTHING to hang the hat on to think he could be a franchise guy.

Can't really know for sure until you toss him in and let him sink or swim to see if he can pull something together.

There is a top 5 pick coming, need to know if that needs to be a QB.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

What time is it usually for the live Monday press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

20. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information