Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Playoffs Are Not Out of Reach...

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Eagle powers?

Attachment 11475
    No, Eagle Powers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58C0223F-1B69-4BB1-98FD-878A1D3A8364.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	11476

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No, Eagle Powers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58C0223F-1B69-4BB1-98FD-878A1D3A8364.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	11476
    Eagle powers dont work in Colorado guys. I thought you knew that...... smh
    IN PATON I TRUST.

The playoffs are out of reach and out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Eagle powers dont work in Colorado guys. I thought you knew that...... smh
    Those eggs were a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    You are right, but then again that is what it takes. You are now the seeing the inherent flaw in the HARD cap. Parity in the NFL is more like a PARODY. It is almost looney tunes if you will.

Financial magic? Come on. I can understand why Elway tries to get the most out of a dollar. The simple fact is ONE PLAYER'S contract (even an elite franchise QB) can really create problems for a franchise.

I have been over this a few times. Yes, it TYPICALLY takes a franchise QB to get it done. Personally, I think a solid defense is more important than a franchise QB. Looking back over the years, yes we see the SBs with the elite names at QB.

Roethlisberger for instance in that SB win against the Seahawks had like a 22 passer rating in that game. The Steelers defense that year was number one in the NFL. Yes, the franchise QB won it, and Roethlisberger was the big reason they beat the Broncos in the AFCCG, but he did not perform all that well in the SB.

Brady's first 3 SBs the Pats defenses were elite. Especially, the one that shut down the greatest show on turf when they held them to under 20 points.

The Eli Manning SBs? Well, that NASCAR DL of the Giants held the greatest offense to that point to 14 points, I would say that was the reason. The other one too also pretty much shut down the Pats offense.

How about the other Manning in SB 50? Do any of us think he was the reason for that win? No, none of us.

What is the point? A franchise QB is important, but the sobering reality is this franchise needs to get very very lucky. Meaning, not only does Elway need to find an elite QB, but needs one that won't bankrupt the franchise which makes it next to impossible to field a championship team.

Look at the highest paid QBs in the NFL and you will see a common theme.

Luck
    Brees
    Flacco
    Stafford
    Carr

Flacco got paid after that SB in 2012, and they have been an average team since. They immediately had to get rid of 7 key players to pay him.
    Brees (theSaints) is having a good season this year....finally. Brees has a good seaosn every year, but it has been a while since the Saints have made a legit run. They have not been to the play offs and have not made a serious run in a while.
    Luck, everyone is saying the Colts are not surrounding him with talent. Wonder why that is.
    Stafford? Ok, are the Lions....going to be winning it soon? No, they aren't.

Hell Rodgers is very highly paid, and so is Roethlisberger. When is the last time they actually got to the SB, let alone win it? Roth, 2008 and Rodgers 2010?

In case you were wondering, Brady is the 17th highest paid QB. Interesting how they are able to sign some key FAs each year? Not to mention having a QB that is the best in the NFL every year.

What are the answers? I honestly have no idea.
    You have to win.the afcg to have a chance to win a SB. So big ben is one of the reasons they won the chip. At the end up the day most teams are going too want the quarterback. I want the quarterback. Once you have established a defense like we have even if some guys end up leaving you just need to be drafting and developing well behind them. With a quarterback you are pretty much in the mix every year as long as you have at minimum a decent team around him. The lions have sucked, the ravens have sucked, the saints have sucked and the colts have sucked legendary.if any of those guys not named flacco was on the Broncos after manning was finished as a quarterback and we'd.be done win another ring or two. Guaranteed

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information