Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elway: Broncos Got Soft

So, let's sum up:

We've got a QB problem - as in no starting quality QB, let alone a SB caliber QB.

We've got a TE as in NO pass catching threat at TE. (Jake Butt better develop quick next year!)

We've got no slot WRs worth piss. All those catches for Sunshine in the pre-season apparently didn't mean diddly.

The OL is pretty terra-bad. Menelik Watson did what he always does and went on IR. This surprised nobody except apparently the Broncos, who thought something different would happen. They were forced to play a LG at RT. It was not a pretty picture.

The defense is giving up big plays and getting beat for early TDs.

AND to top it off, we've been getting out-coached in every single game. Just schooled repeatedly.

Against the Patriots did you see that right after the kickoff return for a TD, the Patriots did the same pooch kick off to the 3 yard line, only they blocked it correctly and held the Broncos to the 20, as if Belichick wanted to rub it in, by showing Denver "Hey! Stupids! HERE's how you properly execute that exact play kicking to one side of the field and pinning them deep."

Embarrassingly out coached.

So, yes. The problems began with Trevor, who is developing into a capable backup QB, capable of giving you 2 or 3 quality starts a year, but nothing more.

But fixing the QB problem isn't going to fix much until they get all that other crap fixed too. And they are going to have to do that pretty quick or FAs aren't going to want to come here at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Elway got soft at trade deadline, he did absolutely nothing, yet again, even though the entire NFL community (fans, FO’s, coaches, talking heads AND HIS OWN PLAYERS) knew they’re fatally flawed YET AGAIN.

And, to make matters worse, instead of addressing the OL (yet again) or the lack of pass rush or WR depth (yet again), he tried to trade Aqib Talib ... the Eagles game happened just a few days later. Which was 6 Days, iirc, after the defense absolutely balled out vs Chefs. Elway has said he doesn’t want to take away from this once great defense just to add to the offense but he’s certainly willing to take away from this once great defense for absolutely no logical reason whatsoever.

So yeah, Elway “exhaled” too, he better knock his precious draft picks out of the park this year cause the entire NFL community is watching.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Elway got lucky with manning being here and getting FA under market value.... Not any more

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

As for being soft.... Ward set a tempo over middle with huge hits and some misses. I can't say how much of losing him impacted this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The Link works fine.

If they shouldn't have started Siemien, who should have started if Lynch clearly wasn't ready? Who should they have brought in?

Siemien isn't nearly the trainwreck you and everyone makes him out to be. This team has some massive problems that all equal uneven QB production. Cant put it all on him.
    If trevor isnt a train wreck then idk what a train wreck is.... Trevor absolutely sucks, he has never been good in life as a quarterback, what part of that don't you get? What the he'll are you holding onto with Trevor? He has had two year of playing to prove he doesn't suck and has spent that time proving that he does suck. When your quarterback plays with no passion, no fire and a blah blah demeanor it's going to trickle down onto the rest of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    As for being soft.... Ward set a tempo over middle with huge hits and some misses. I can't say how much of losing him impacted this defense.
    Justin Simmons laid some good wood last week though. He is coming along well, TJ ward is injured for uis new team, the dude body is just breaking down. There are two transcending talents on defense who has the size speed awareness and smarts to run a defense and those guys are roquan Smith and derwin james.... Two elite defender's physically and mentally, literally coaches on the field with the physical ability to dominate. The Broncos must use there top 5 pick on one of these guy's, not a quarterback.

As far as the team being soft? I don't think we've gotten soft, for the simple fact Elway was just bitching about kicking snd screaming two years ago before we won the SB.... The Broncos aren't soft, they just don't have pieces at key spots thst you need to have success. On offense we need the QB,TE,RT and Carlos Henderson back next year in the slot.

Defense we need Roquan Smith, or Darwin james. We absolutely need a physically gifted defender with an elite coaches mind on the field and Smith gives us that at a position of need MLB and James gives us that at a position of need SAFETY ( hed easily take Stewart's job and be an upgrade by 80%

https://youtu.be/gtqI3BQMtl0

Check out roquan smith.... MR SIDELINE TO SIDELINE ALLLLLLLDAY.

Now check out Darwin Jameshttps://youtu.be/ThsKhrYGxX4

My goodness I am just drooling at having the chance to draft one of these studs.

This is why I don't mind losing out the rest of the way man.

Hottakes couldn’t melt butter in July...

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I think Derby goes off tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I hope he doesn’t start screaming at his wife.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so is this why the starting TE got cut? and Butt put on IR?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Apparently he goes off today...

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Justin Simmons laid some good wood last week though. He is coming along well, TJ ward is injured for uis new team, the dude body is just breaking down. There are two transcending talents on defense who has the size speed awareness and smarts to run a defense and those guys are roquan Smith and derwin james.... Two elite defender's physically and mentally, literally coaches on the field with the physical ability to dominate. The Broncos must use there top 5 pick on one of these guy's, not a quarterback.
    Yep. Simmons is a beast. Ward was a leader and motivator but as the great one said, not playing this year. So, Elway said the team is a little soft now. Justin Simmons (Ward's replacement) is not a contributing factor to that state of being. He is an answer.

16. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information