Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default facepalm

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

#readynextyear
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't know why this is an issue or a big deal.

Wolfe and Gotsis both took a year to make an impact. I expected the same for Walker.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I think the issue is that they moved him outside and told him to lose weight. I’m starting to wonder if these guys have a vision.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

7. The Following 9 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I think the issue is that they moved him outside and told him to lose weight. I’m starting to wonder if these guys have a vision.
    Oh they have a vision, it’s just kinda dark with your head up your ass.

9. The Following 10 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The problem isn’t just that he’s yet another 2nd round pick needing a year to make any kind of contribution, it’s that he’s a base 4-3 LDE drafted for his supposed pass rushing ability who apparently doesn’t have a true position in this defense.

I bet he can “set the edge” though.

He was 288 lbs at the combine, iirc, by the way. Not overly undersized for 3-4 DE.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The problem isn’t just that he’s yet another 2nd round pick needing a year to make any kind of contribution, it’s that he’s a base 4-3 LDE drafted for his supposed pass rushing ability who apparently doesn’t have a true position in this defense.

I bet he can “set the edge” though.

He was 288 lbs at the combine, iirc, by the way. Not overly undersized for 3-4 DE.
    Having him lose weight was.....

Anyway, they should have stuck with the plan of having him rush from the inside on passing downs. He never had the speed to play outside. That idea was just ....

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Having him lose weight was.....

Anyway, they should have stuck with the plan of having him rush from the inside on passing downs. He never had the speed to play outside. That idea was just ....
    To be fair I think making room for Shelby Harris played a role in Walker switching positions too, but, they keep finding room for Kyle Peko on the DL for whatever reason. He’s every bit a square peg in this defense as Walker at OLB.

Let’s assume they had a plan, I guess.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

yes they asked him to lose weight in tc. now its week 10 lol they want him to bulk up. this is nuts

15. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we always talk about "drafting and developing". . . this is a shining example of how NOT to do the latter. . .

hopefully he can get on track next year, if they get him back to his proper weight and position(s). . . we need another interior rusher more than another edge guy-- if joe woods would cut 'er loose and dial up some supporting pressure, our edge rush should be just fine. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The sad part is, Walker wasn’t even a great DE on a 4-3. He was much better kicking inside to a 3 technique on passing downs and getting pressure from there when he was at FSU. I’m not sure he’d even be a good 5 technique, even if he bulks up.

In reality, we took a disruptive 4-3 3 technique and turned him into an OLB. I know it wasn’t the original plan, but we were in crisis management de after Ray and Barrett were both out with injuries. After that, we just kinda forgot about Walker and he doesn’t play much.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

#BringBackWade

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    #BringBackWade
    He's happy being around his son in LA.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Correct me if I'm crazy here, but was he not asked to lose weight and move outside due to depth issues in training camp? My memory tells me, and admittedly, my memory sucks, that this was a move they felt had to be made for depth purposes not that hee was a perfect fit, would be better served, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Correct me if I'm crazy here, but was he not asked to lose weight and move outside due to depth issues in training camp? My memory tells me, and admittedly, my memory sucks, that this was a move they felt had to be made for depth purposes not that hee was a perfect fit, would be better served, etc
    You are correct.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information