Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Way Forward For Next Year!

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

The writing is already on the wall. We are not drafting a QB regardless where we fall in the draft order. Well get a healthy dose of Paxton next year, and my guess is Brock as the backup if he takes backup money. Trevor will be gone. Well get year two of the VaJ experiment. I don't think Chad Kelly is even a consideration as anything but maybe a developmental practice squad guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    The writing is already on the wall. We are not drafting a QB regardless where we fall in the draft order. Well get a healthy dose of Paxton next year, and my guess is Brock as the backup if he takes backup money. Trevor will be gone. Well get year two of the VaJ experiment. I don't think Chad Kelly is even a consideration as anything but maybe a developmental practice squad guy.
    Denver will draft a QB if there is a guy they like at their spot, or within reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The guy is in his second year and has very few live reps. He was tabbed as a 3 year project from the get-go. So, why should they jettison him? Because he's not AHEAD of expectations?
    As long as Elway doesn't pass on drafting a QB because Paxton has potential. Then it's just Elways ego getting in the way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I have no problem with drafting a tackle with a top 10 pick, and giving a kings ransom to Cousins.
    Sounds like a better chance of success than hoping Paxton pans out or that we get a rookie QB that isn't a bust. Given Elways draft record for QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    There is just no way that happens. None. It would be a complete waste of two more seasons. What if Paxton never develops? He hasn't up till now, and there no reason to think he ever will, based on any evidence of anything we've seen from him. Then you threw away the chance to get a Franchise QB.

No, they will keep Paxton, but they are definitely drafting a QB. If the rookie turns out to be like DeShaun Watson, fine, he starts. If he's a disappointment in his rookie season like Paxton, they always have Trevor and Paxton to turn to.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Sounds like a better chance of success than hoping Paxton pans out or that we get a rookie QB that isn't a bust. Given Elways draft record for QB's.
    I'd agree, but #1 Cousins is probably staying in DC. They will look like complete idiots if they let him walk. HE forced their hand by signing the franchise tender the last 2 seasons. It was a complicated game of chicken in which Cousins totally outmaneuvered Dan Snyder.

They didn't want to commit to paying him $19M a year (which he said publicly he would sign a long term deal for). Then he went out and played well again. Now he will command $25M a year.

Will Elway pay that? Probably not. Will some other team? Yes.

You might be right in thinking he'd be overpaid at $25M. That's more than Russell Wilson got for leading the Seahawks to 2 SBs. Right now we don't know that Cousins will be any good in the playoffs.

I would not complain if Elway did it though. I just don't expect it. This team is a 5-11 rebuilding team. There's no point fooling themselves any more.

THe defense is no longer elite. Still good, but they lost Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, TJ Ward and DeMarcus Ware, and have not replaced any of those guys with comparable talent.

The offense is totally offensive.

Time to start over. It's going to happen anyway, they need to start now. Dump salary, and rebuild. WITH an elite prospect franchise QB. NOT Paxton, Trevor, Osweiler or any other stiff on the roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    No way. Top 10 picks are for elite players. Any T taken that high must start at LT. And they just drafted Bolles to play that spot. They don't use that high a pick on a RT!

Of course, they could draft a LT and move Bolles to RT. But, then who will start at QB? Trevor? Paxton?

Barf!
    You haven't been paying attention, RT's go in the Top 10 now, because RT is just as hard to play as LT. Nelson is elite.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's so disgusting...Elway is going to try and force Paxton on us next year as the starter. I bet you anything we don't draft a QB until mid to late rounds next year...
    Force PL on us? You mean like he did this season? And last season?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information