Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock has to go!

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Rick, it’s nice to say you want to move back, but we’d have to find a trade partner. It’s not something we can plan for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Rick, it’s nice to say you want to move back, but we’d have to find a trade partner. It’s not something we can plan for right now.
    First we need to see if Lynch is THE guy anyway, which means throwing him into the fire.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    First we need to see if Lynch is THE guy anyway, which means throwing him into the fire.
    Don’t we know though?

I want you to get up and go look in the mirror and ask yourself, “Rick do you think Lynch has a shot?”

Being a fan of this team starts with being a fan of yourself.

4. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

I don't know yet, no.

Let's look at these stats.

Over 7 games, if your rookie QB had completed 54.6%, 5TDs, 7 INTs, 5 FUM, 63.6 rating, would you be saying bust?

Most would.

That guy now has 61.2%, 16 TDs, 4 INTs, 3 FUM, 101.5 rating over 9 games.

I am not willing to give up on a first round pick because of a game and a half of regular season football and a few meaningless preseason games.

I want him to be thrown in the fire the rest of the season and see if there is ANYTHING there.

6. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

You are pissing me off rick.

8. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    You are pissing me off rick.
    I am good with that

I don't know yet, no.

Let's look at these stats.

Over 7 games, if your rookie QB had completed 54.6%, 5TDs, 7 INTs, 5 FUM, 63.6 rating, would you be saying bust?

Most would.

That guy now has 61.2%, 16 TDs, 4 INTs, 3 FUM, 101.5 rating over 9 games.

I am not willing to give up on a first round pick because of a game and a half of regular season football and a few meaningless preseason games.

I want him to be thrown in the fire the rest of the season and see if there is ANYTHING there.
    We all believe that Paxton will suck because when has he ever done anything else? They tried to hand off the starting job to him twice and he fumbled it twice.

But, we need to give him a chance to prove something on the field. So, they should give Osweiler one more game to show something then move to Paxton. Next year they get rid of Osweiler and Lynch and go with Trevor as the backup.

Draft a rookie in the first round, and sign a veteran QB to start until the rookie is ready. That's what losing teams do don't they? And the Broncos are a losing team are they not?

If they don't start Paxton this season, you KNOW Elway will insist on keeping him on the roster for next season "because we need to get Paxton ready. He hasn't really had a fair opportunity to see what he can do." THat will be the official Dove Valley line.

Paxton is going to have to prove unequivocally to Elway that he CAN'T play before Elway will get rid of him. And now is the best time to do that, when nothing is on the line but a higher draft pick.

Again, the stats I mentioned above? real life stats.

Goff, had those 7 shitty games last year, and he had the 9 great games this year.

Should L.A have given up on Goff because of 5 Fumbles and 7 INTs and only 54.6% completion over a 7 game span?

No you say? Why? Because he was the first overall pick? What the heck does that have to do with it.

Our guy has played 1 1/2 games. 59%, 2TDs, 1 INT, 2 FUM. Also not great. But we should give up on him after those games and a few preseason games? Just toss away a first round pick and say we know the whole story? Why? because he wasn't first overall? What the heck does that have to do with it.

Lynch may very well be shit and not worth it. But we not only spent a first on the guy, we traded up for him! We owe it to ourselves after that investment to actually let him play and evaluate him over more then a couple of games...

Are we going to draft a new QB every single year in the first round if the guy we picked last doesn't look like a probowler after his first season?

13. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Lets not get crazy here. McDillhole would take VJ's ineptitude and add in blame-shifting, ranting, and raving. VJ is still better than McD. There is a hobo that spends all day every day sleeping in the lobby of my building who might be better than McD
    I hate McD as much as the next guy but in terms of Xs and Os he's a ******* genius compared to this dope.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Again, the stats I mentioned above? real life stats.

Goff, had those 7 shitty games last year, and he had the 9 great games this year.

Should L.A have given up on Goff because of 5 Fumbles and 7 INTs and only 54.6% completion over a 7 game span?

No you say? Why? Because he was the first overall pick? What the heck does that have to do with it.

Our guy has played 1 1/2 games. 59%, 2TDs, 1 INT, 2 FUM. Also not great. But we should give up on him after those games and a few preseason games? Just toss away a first round pick and say we know the whole story? Why? because he wasn't first overall? What the heck does that have to do with it.

Lynch may very well be shit and not worth it. But we not only spent a first on the guy, we traded up for him! We owe it to ourselves after that investment to actually let him play and evaluate him over more then a couple of games...

Are we going to draft a new QB every single year in the first round if the guy we picked last doesn't look like a probowler after his first season?
    Life of a Broncos fan....high expectations. Lynch will get his shot before we draft another. Elway even said you can evaluate a QB until you get real life game film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I hate McD as much as the next guy but in terms of Xs and Os he's a ******* genius compared to this dope.
    McDaniels problems weren't gameplanning. Joseph's problem seems to be that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    McDaniels problems weren't gameplanning. Joseph's problem seems to be that.
    McD was too much of a dick to players and VJ is a big ol' *****. The problem is neither of their ways of dealing with players is correct but at least McD knew the game from an Xs and Os standpoint.
    VJ is just a bad coach in every facet. Dude is not ready to be an NFL HC. And the fact that Elway believes in this guy is a little frightening from a fans perspective.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

If VJ and McD had a baby, it would be a genetically perfect coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    McD was too much of a dick to players and VJ is a big ol' *****. The problem is neither of their ways of dealing with players is correct but at least McD knew the game from an Xs and Os standpoint.
    VJ is just a bad coach in every facet. Dude is not ready to be an NFL HC. And the fact that Elway believes in this guy is a little frightening from a fans perspective.
    Rumor had it that vj was the target until bengals,blocked interview and then kubiak was hired.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information