Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Is Vance Joseph a fool?

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Kubes, for sure.

UR was right about McCoy. I didn't like the hiring either, TBH. Nothing about bringing in VJ ever made sense to me.
    Hiring McCoy seemed like they knew Vance was raw and he needed a cushion, especially on offense where he had zero coaching experience (and playing QB in college is irrelevant). They probably hoped that McCoy’s head coaching experience would also be a big help. Turns out neither has been true - Vance hasn’t shown any progress as a HC and McCoy continues to be full of suck as an OC. Mix in marginal talent at OL and QB and you get a team at 3-5. The really surprising thing to me is how bad the AFCW has been when it should be the top division in the league.

It’s puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    One time does not = always

Always.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I really had high hopes for McCoy. He coaxed enough yards and points out of Tebow offense to win the AFCW and send the Steelers home, and then to coordinate the PMFM offense. That implied that he was flexible enough to tailor an offense based on his available talent and its limitations. Its been a flop
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

4. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

So, originally I had thought to ask whether VJ is a DB, but lead with fool instead. Thanks for the replies and I think he is not a fool. or a DB. He's just doing the best he can do in a bad situation handed to him by Elway. He may not be cut out to be a head coach as this fire may be too much for him. He's a great cheerleader though and he has the players confidence...but so did Siemian...and Brock...etc., etc. The players aren't coaches and we need better coaching. VJ is at the head and must grow up fast. Brock Olivio is not doing 'fine'. McCoy is not doing 'fine'. Be a leader among men, VJ. I know you have it in you. Regardless, I'll still be watching every game!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information