Poll: Who's reputation will be hurt the most by this?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tony Dungy: Colts owner Jim Irsay says Andrew Luck's injury is 'inside his head'

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Tony Dungy: Colts owner Jim Irsay says Andrew Luck's injury is 'inside his head'

Tony Dungy's hot microphone may have just landed Colts owner Jim Irsay in hot water.

The former Indianapolis coach was on "The Dan Patrick Show" when he said Irsay confided in him that he thinks quarterback Andrew Luck's shoulder injury is more mental than anything.

"I don't know what's going on there. Jim Irsay made a comment to me about six weeks ago, 'It's inside his head now,'" Dungy said.

The comment, first reported by WTHR.com, and confirmed Tuesday by Patrick, came during a commercial break from Patrick's show, and Patrick said (via CBS Sports) he thinks Dungy didn't realize his microphone was live.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...d1p0ooq18qs3u4
    So who's reputation gets hurt the most by this

Jim Irsay: Oh wait, he already has a reputation for being a drunken idot. I guess he's going to have to do something far worse then this to damage his reputation more then it already has been.

Tony Dungy: A coach told him something in confidence, now its front page news. This will definitely cause players and coaches to be reluctant to share as openly with him.

Dan Patrick: I noticed that he's not trying to sell us on him "accidently" forgetting to turn off Dungy's mic. Nevertheless, I don't think anyone shocked that a sports talk host would pull a stunt like this.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Andrew Luck. Broncos.

It's coming!!!!

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Andrew Luck. Broncos.

It's coming!!!!
    I agree that he's undoubtedly leaving Indy, but I'm sure he'll have quite a few suitors. This could also diminish how much Kirk Cousins asking price due to there being 2 legitimate starters available in the offseason, assuming that they both become available.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well done, Jim. Well done.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Why is Dan Patrick an option? lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Why is Dan Patrick an option? lol.
    Read the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Dan Patrick: I noticed that he's not trying to sell us on him "accidently" forgetting to turn off Dungy's mic. Nevertheless, I don't think anyone shocked that a sports talk host would pull a stunt like this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I read it. I still don't get how Dan Patrick's rep would be hurt by doing his job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I read it. I still don't get how Dan Patrick's rep would be hurt by doing his job.
    Getting someone to reveal confidential information without them knowing that the whole world is going to find out what they said is the job of sports talk hosts? I guess that puts them in the same category as politicians & lawyer in terms of being scumbag professions. If I was a sports figure, I'd decline ever going on his program out of concern that he might do the samething to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Ok, we'll see if that happens. If it does, I'll admit I was wrong.

If it doesn't, you do the same.

Deal?

What "confidential information" was revealed? Dungy already admitted that he had no private conversation with Irsay and this is based on comments Irsay already publicly made.

You don't go on a talk radio show, say stuff, then act shocked that the stuff you said was reported on. It's silly on it's face.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Getting someone to reveal confidential information without them knowing that the whole world is going to find out what they said is the job of sports talk hosts? I guess that puts them in the same category as politicians & lawyer in terms of being scumbag professions. If I was a sports figure, I'd decline ever going on his program out of concern that he might do the samething to me.
    Lol.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Ok, we'll see if that happens. If it does, I'll admit I was wrong.

If it doesn't, you do the same.

Deal?

What "confidential information" was revealed? Dungy already admitted that he had no private conversation with Irsay and this is based on comments Irsay already publicly made.

You don't go on a talk radio show, say stuff, then act shocked that the stuff you said was reported on. It's silly on it's face.
    One of the articles that I read on this said that Irsay told Dungy this in confidence. I thought that it was in this one, but I guess not. This is breaking news after all, so we'll be hearing at least a half-a-dozen contradictory versions of what did & didn't happen over the next week or 2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Dungy should write a long winded annoying letter to his pastor.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Dungy should write a long winded annoying letter to his pastor.
    I've got better things to do with mine time then to have you troll every post I make tonight. No I'm not being hypersensitive, I'm just making a logical decision about what the best use of my time would be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've got better things to do with mine time then to have you troll every post I make tonight. No I'm not being hypersensitive, I'm just making a logical decision about what the best use of my time would be.
    I've no idea what you mean.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information