Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade Phillips is Smiling

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Wade Phillips is Smiling

I can understand the reasoning why Elway let Wade go. Unfortunately, it was the wrong thing to do.

Does ANYONE have to look past New England to understand how important coaching is?

Good coaches with lots of experience trump up and comers all day every day.

As a business owner who works in the field of concrete, I have very good foremen, but when I walk out on the job Im the guy who knows everything about anything. I know all the things they have yet to learn and it comes to mind in an instant.

Thats what Wade Phillips has and Joe Woods and Joseph dont.

Anyone noticed how good the Rams are playing on D this year?

smh

I love you Elway. Bad move. Should have paid the man.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

bum skid... great DC, horrible HC

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Rams defense was bad to start season and are clicking now

5. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I love you Elway. Bad move. Should have paid the man.
    Had to save room in org payroll for Elway's new contract.

I jest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Had to save room in org payroll for Elway's new contract.

I jest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	11392

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It isn't the Defense thats hurting this team and i don't care how many they give up vs. Philly. Its not like Ward would have made a difference. If this Offense could score 20 every game and do SOMETHING productive on the reg they'd be in better shape.

The Offense is mediocre in all phases and positions.

The D GAVE UP on carrying this team for two years. Expecting your Defense to literally win the game for you because they have to play 100% perfect to have a chance to win is lunacy.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    It isn't the Defense thats hurting this team and i don't care how many they give up vs. Philly. Its not like Ward would have made a difference. If this Offense could score 20 every game and do SOMETHING productive on the reg they'd be in better shape.

The Offense is mediocre in all phases and positions.

The D GAVE UP on carrying this team for two years. Expecting your Defense to literally win the game for you because they have to play 100% perfect to have a chance to win is lunacy.
    You keep repeating that, as if they could not catch their breath because they were so exhausted from the last 2 years. And if the Offense scored just 20 points a game, we would be 2-6 instead of 3-5. This Defense is nowhere close to what it was, just last year. Stop giving Woods a pass. Wade Phillips got big plays out of the weakest links on Defense. He set that in motion. It's OK to acknowledge we let the BEST DC in the NFL walk. How could there not be a drop off? He is a freaking wizard on Defense.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    You keep repeating that, as if they could not catch their breath because they were so exhausted from the last 2 years. And if the Offense scored just 20 points a game, we would be 2-6 instead of 3-5. This Defense is nowhere close to what it was, just last year. Stop giving Woods a pass. Wade Phillips got big plays out of the weakest links on Defense. He set that in motion. It's OK to acknowledge we let the BEST DC in the NFL walk. How could there not be a drop off? He is a freaking wizard on Defense.
    Wanting a QB who can not turn it over is nit how you pick your starting QB. Siemian can come in and take a knee and nevwr turn it over again. Need a playmaker. Offense is dragging team down. Defense is tired and frustrated. Offense nwed to score and keep defense off the field. Our defensive players are not ment to play from behind. Man to man and let pass rush hit home. Soft zone is not working either which us on vance

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Wanting a QB who can not turn it over is nit how you pick your starting QB. Siemian can come in and take a knee and nevwr turn it over again. Need a playmaker. Offense is dragging team down. Defense is tired and frustrated. Offense nwed to score and keep defense off the field. Our defensive players are not ment to play from behind. Man to man and let pass rush hit home. Soft zone is not working either which us on vance
    Even more reason to coach aggressively! You know, Wade Phillips forte! The Bears went to a SB with possibly a worse offense, because they played so damn aggresive. How do you help a middling offense? Turnovers. They don't just come to you when you lay back, our current style. Wade Phillips was a mediocre Offenses best friend. If they were more aggresive, they would get off the field quicker too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

If it's so easy to just "be aggressive", why haven't they done that? That's a pretty severe generalization, isn't it?

I know what you are saying, but it's not like it's all reward and no risk and pays off 100% of the time. There's luck involved. There's nuance involved. Wade is a great coach, and I wish we had kept him to, but his mere presence doesn't guarantee that the ball always falls your way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    If it's so easy to just "be aggressive", why haven't they done that? That's a pretty severe generalization, isn't it?

I know what you are saying, but it's not like it's all reward and no risk and pays off 100% of the time. There's luck involved. There's nuance involved. Wade is a great coach, and I wish we had kept him to, but his mere presence doesn't guarantee that the ball always falls your way.
    Wade schemed to dictate the action, and set up big play potential. We did something similar in the SB against GB (Greg Robinson DC) bringing safety and corner blitzes and bringing pressure from different places. This is something that Wade Phillips is a master of. Sometimes that aggressiveness gets you beat, so knowing when to play that card and disguising your looks is key. We play such a vanilla style this year, that does not dictate pace.

It is all about style. These clowns and their know it all 'ground control' approach think they know better and are so risk averse, they don't do anything to force the action, when most of our playmakers are on that side of the ball. It's not just about playing man or bringing the house, disguising your looks, playing aggressive, that was Wade Phillips style, and it is sorely missing this season.

18. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Wade put the players in the best position to succeed. That's why the Broncos won Super Bowl 50. Period. Now we have a conservative defensive coordinator who can't create turnovers, can't put pressure on the QB, and can't find a way to keep Von from getting double teamed on nearly every play. This D was built for man coverage with aggressive blitz packages. Woods just doesn't get it. What a horrible hire. Wade would have this D dominating with the vastly improved D line that we have this year. Letting Wade go was almost as bad of a move as hiring Vance Joseph.

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The D is not the weak link. Its ridiculous to insinuate that its dragging down the team.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    They get mentally tired and physically beaten down. "When it 's this bad, and the average score is 31-13, you know you have to go back to the 1960s to find a Broncos equivalent." -- Mike Klis. "When you get a 50 burger put on you that's on the coach." -- Ray Crockett.

Quote of the Week: "If Tom Brady gets the wind knocked out of him in the first quarter, then I think the Broncos have a chance." -- Mike Klis.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-08-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think I would’ve rather kept Phillips than John Elway. VJ better be worth it.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information