Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade Phillips is Smiling

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    It must suck to know that the Broncos have been the number one defense all season long..... You know ahead of the rams..... But I suppose when a portion of the fan base doesn't have any real knowledge about what the he'll is going on you get a i miss wade thread with a bunch of non factual emotional rants.
    Ya, Wade was a 50-burger factory just like this new guy. Also couldn't generate takeaways to save his skin.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    If it's so easy to just "be aggressive", why haven't they done that? That's a pretty severe generalization, isn't it?

I know what you are saying, but it's not like it's all reward and no risk and pays off 100% of the time. There's luck involved. There's nuance involved. Wade is a great coach, and I wish we had kept him to, but his mere presence doesn't guarantee that the ball always falls your way.
    Yeah, that nuance is timely turnovers. That is what carried this team in 2015. It is really a signature of Wade Philips. I do know that timely pressure through certain stunts often puts certain pressure on the OL. Meaning, their communication is usually the most crucial communication that happens. Once a defense becomes predictable in their stunt (blitz) packages, that translates to LESS pressure on the QB. That, leads to less turnovers. That, leads to a defense wearing down. Since this franchise has not had an effective offense since the first half of the 2014 season, it is rather imperative I would say for those turnovers to be at an optimum level.

It is also true that not all defensive plays is about "blitzing." It is about causing the offense (OL and QB) to become confused. Sometimes, if they anticipate Von Miller cause he is showing blitz, creates crucial turnovers. Here is an example of that. Brady, anticipates Von Miller coming in. He is showing blitz. He is going to his hot read. Miller, dropped into coverage and superman did not see him.

Right now, as the season is progressing, opposing OCs are effectively scouting this team. I think it surprise fans how many things coaches run in order to put pressure on teams scouting them for future games. Belichick does that all of the time. Especially when he has games relatively in hand. He runs certain plays in order to apply pressure to upcoming opponents. The more he shows, the more opposing teams need to prepare for.

The bottom line is Wade Philips defenses get stronger as the season goes forward. That, is the sign of an effective coach that understands the NUANCE of a long NFL season. We have coaches right now that are inexperienced at this level. I like Woods, and I think he is a bit old school. He is effective (has been effective) in stopping the run. This defense needs to generate turnovers for this team to have any chance. They are not and it is reflecting in a 4 game embarrassing losing streak.

Elway ****** up by getting rid of Philips. I heard or maybe read things that he did not like that Philips was supposedly causing division between the defense and offense last year. Or, worse yet that he did not like the fact that Philips was getting so much credit for SB 50. What we do know is Philips was the most Valuable Bronco in that run, and now he is gone. Which was very very odd to me when it was becoming obvious that he was not returning.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 11-11-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

All the problems on this team have nothing to do with Defense.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Aren't you the one that said the Chiefs "let the Broncos" rush on them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Aren't you the one that said the Chiefs "let the Broncos" rush on them?
    And? What does that have to do with this? No one in their right mind can say the Defense is the problem.

And yes KC didnt play to stop the run they played conservative and contain. Because they know, as all teams do, Broncos cannot protect their QBs.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 11-11-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

And? What does that have to do with this? No one in their right mind can say the Defense is the problem.

And yes KC didnt play to stop the run they played conservative and contain. Because they know, as all teams do, Broncos cannot protect their QBs.
    First of all, saying the defense is THEEE problem and pointing out the problems with the defense, are two different things. I will let you distinguish the difference.

Your other point is too ridiculous to address.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Wade knew he wanted to be with his son in LA, and the BRONCOS couldn't offer enough.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This is not even worth a !$&%ing thread. Its just a waste of time.

The only part of the Field Denver can play consistently is DEFENSE. Yet, continue to complain about it.

I swear I feel sometimes like I forgot more about this game than some here could ever know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The only part of the Field Denver can play consistently is DEFENSE. Yet, continue to complain about it.

I swear I feel sometimes like I forgot more about this game than some here could ever know.

You have been very salty as of late, my friend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

It was not an illusion. That was 51 points the eagles scored last week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    It was not an illusion. That was 51 points the eagles scored last week.
    ...and why did that happen? The cumulation of a broken offense had nothing to do with the Defense throwing in the towel.

Now, one person here says the Broncos are a top rushing team (no i am serious) and the Defense now.l is pathetic and can't stop anyone.

And any Denver QB is supposed to be productive behind THAT OLine? The Line that killed Peyton Manning.

Its laughable. It really is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

...and why did that happen? The cumulation of a broken offense had nothing to do with the Defense throwing in the towel.

Now, one person here says the Broncos are a top rushing team (no i am serious) and the Defense now.l is pathetic and can't stop anyone.

And any Denver QB is supposed to be productive behind THAT OLine? The Line that killed Peyton Manning.

Its laughable. It really is.
    Look, no one is saying the defense is the reason this team sucks. However, there are issues with the defense. There were issues with last year's defense as well. The 2015 defense, was as close to perfect as we will see.

The issues this year are the lack of turnovers being generated. That is a contributing factor.

Of course the major issue is suckass QB play. However, this thread about what we are missing from a Wade Philips defense. Which ironically he is coaching a defense that is among league lead in turnovers. Is that a coincidence?

Is the lack of turnovers (Broncos are last in generating fumbles) an issue and do we think wade Philips not being here is a factor?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Wade is a better defensive coach than Woods.

While not at their 2015 prime, the problem with this team is not the defense.

I'm not sure what else there is to say.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Wade is a better defensive coach than Woods.

While not at their 2015 prime, the problem with this team is not the defense.

I'm not sure what else there is to say.
    True, but there are issues with the defense. Is the lack of offense a factor?

Yes.....

I am.personally expecting Von to have a big game against the Pats OL. Their back up RT is in there.

I am expecting the Pats to try and get James White active. Also, the Broncos defense has struggled against TEs all season. The Eagles back up TE had a big game last Sunday and it has been a common theme all season.

We will see. Imo, there is no excuse for 51 points. None.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I see your point, knight, and your arguments are well reasoned. I can admit that there are some problems on defense. They simply pale in comparison to the problems on the other side of the ball.

I can't help but feel the pass rush issues are mostly related to the loss of Ware. Teams having to account for that duo, was simply too much. The scheme helped, but Shane Ray simply isn't Demarcus Ware. I'm hoping he can get there, but so far, he still has a lot of rust.

But I hope you are right, and tomorrow see's Tom Brady eat 3 lbs of Freshly manicured Denver turf.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information