Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade Phillips is Smiling

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think some folks in here underestimate the Demarcus Ware compliment to Von Miller.

I'm not taking anything away from Wade, but this is isn't the same defense as 2015.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I think some folks in here underestimate the Demarcus Ware compliment to Von Miller.

I'm not taking anything away from Wade, but this is isn't the same defense as 2015.
    *complement

Take 5, MO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    It isn't the Defense thats hurting this team and i don't care how many they give up vs. Philly. Its not like Ward would have made a difference. If this Offense could score 20 every game and do SOMETHING productive on the reg they'd be in better shape.

The Offense is mediocre in all phases and positions.

The D GAVE UP on carrying this team for two years. Expecting your Defense to literally win the game for you because they have to play 100% perfect to have a chance to win is lunacy.
    What you mean is, the defense has all the talent and depth needed and the offense sucks......I agree. And bad offense adversely affects good defenses.

But have you noticed theres no turnovers?

Good defense and great defense make the worlds of difference.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

6. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Wade put the players in the best position to succeed. That's why the Broncos won Super Bowl 50. Period. Now we have a conservative defensive coordinator who can't create turnovers, can't put pressure on the QB, and can't find a way to keep Von from getting double teamed on nearly every play. This D was built for man coverage with aggressive blitz packages. Woods just doesn't get it. What a horrible hire. Wade would have this D dominating with the vastly improved D line that we have this year. Letting Wade go was almost as bad of a move as hiring Vance Joseph.
    Peko was a good pickup but Shane Ray has been a big disappointment and looks lost, we looked better before he came back. Talib isn't playing to his normal standard and stupid penalties plague Von.We're missing Ware, Ward, Wade and Travathan.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoTech For This Post:

It was a terrible decision to let Wade go. Maybe the single worst move of the whole offseason. And for the life of me...I can not understand why. I liked Wade as a DC, our players loved him and he got the job done. Why would we mess with that?

Then, we hire VJ, another bad move.

We've lost so many key players and coaches from our SB team. We also COULD have upgraded the QB position. No wonder this team is hot garbage right now!

Sorry for sounding bitter guys but it just makes no sense.

Side note: sounds like Irsay is going to run Luck out of Indy. Elway should really try and swing a deal with Indy this offseason.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    It isn't the Defense thats hurting this team and i don't care how many they give up vs. Philly. Its not like Ward would have made a difference. If this Offense could score 20 every game and do SOMETHING productive on the reg they'd be in better shape.

The Offense is mediocre in all phases and positions.

The D GAVE UP on carrying this team for two years. Expecting your Defense to literally win the game for you because they have to play 100% perfect to have a chance to win is lunacy.
    What you mean is, the defense has all the talent and depth needed and the offense sucks......I agree. And bad offense adversely affects good defenses.

But have you noticed theres no turnovers?

Good defense and great defense make the worlds of difference.
    There is a very conservative game plan with Denver's opponents. They arent taking a lot of chances. Because they know they're going to get the ball back almost immediately. Let Denver beat themselves is almost the approach.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Indeed, not quite the same as 2015 and on the field they certainly lost some leadership in Ware and Ward. That much cant be ignored no matter how hard Shazam stomps his feet. Likewise, Phillips has always been very very good as a DC so again people need to understand that while he wasnt a very good HC he certainly knew how to work the defense when he had the talent there.

All that aside, Shazam isnt totally wrong either. The biggest issue in Denver is the offense, there is no getting around that. If not for the garbage time TD late and the defensive TD when Foles came in the Broncos offense would have scored just 9 points! 9 people. Thats not a good offense especially with the kind of talent that is there at receiving and in the running backs.

Either way, its going to get worse before it gets better. Denver is not going to avoid having to either fire more coaching staffs, cut dead weight players, or watch talent go elsewhere so the important thing for Mr. Elway right now is to draft smart (like real smart, no more projects (Lynch), or risks (Shane Ray), and start going after bonafide playmakers in the draft and in FA. As a fan i can live with a down year so as long as we can right the ship for the long haul but if this downtime starts to trickle for 2-4 years that could be a real problem for Elway since as of now he has taken a lot of the credit for their success the last 4-5 years.

Either he got lucky with Manning and Miller or he is the real deal in terms of building a competitive franchise with a chance at a dynasty the next 15 or so years. I think a lot will be answered after this season one way or another.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

Indeed, not quite the same as 2015 and on the field they certainly lost some leadership in Ware and Ward. That much cant be ignored no matter how hard Shazam stomps his feet. Likewise, Phillips has always been very very good as a DC so again people need to understand that while he wasnt a very good HC he certainly knew how to work the defense when he had the talent there.

All that aside, Shazam isnt totally wrong either. The biggest issue in Denver is the offense, there is no getting around that. If not for the garbage time TD late and the defensive TD when Foles came in the Broncos offense would have scored just 9 points! 9 people. Thats not a good offense especially with the kind of talent that is there at receiving and in the running backs.

Either way, its going to get worse before it gets better. Denver is not going to avoid having to either fire more coaching staffs, cut dead weight players, or watch talent go elsewhere so the important thing for Mr. Elway right now is to draft smart (like real smart, no more projects (Lynch), or risks (Shane Ray), and start going after bonafide playmakers in the draft and in FA. As a fan i can live with a down year so as long as we can right the ship for the long haul but if this downtime starts to trickle for 2-4 years that could be a real problem for Elway since as of now he has taken a lot of the credit for their success the last 4-5 years.

Either he got lucky with Manning and Miller or he is the real deal in terms of building a competitive franchise with a chance at a dynasty the next 15 or so years. I think a lot will be answered after this season one way or another.
    How long have we ALL been watching this team?

Never have we seen an offense totally broken, dysfunctional and inept. And QB play is a reflection of that.

There is not a single thing the Broncos offense can do productively. Some teams can do a few good things well and they overkill it with smoke and mirrors, which will get you by until a team faces elite talent. This offense cant do ANYTHING.

Wasted two good years of a dominant D. With an offense as putrid collectively as any team weve seen in Jax or Cleveland, Im sorry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

...and North I do not question the lack of Leadership at all. The team is directionless without Manning or secondly Ware. No offensive leadership.

15. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

...and North I do not question the lack of Leadership at all. The team is directionless without Manning or secondly Ware. No offensive leadership.

Those are valid. Peyton and Wares presence brought accountability and leadership that are now voids. Agreed.

But Wade is another factor and you cant just plug a DC in place just because you have great personnel. PLAYCALLING and scheme are paramount factors.

...which apparently John Gun didnt know.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Those are valid. Peyton and Wares presence brought accountability and leadership that are now voids. Agreed.

But Wade is another factor and you cant just plug a DC in place just because you have great personnel. PLAYCALLING and scheme are paramount factors.

...which apparently John Gun didnt know.
    This. Not like we had Ware on the field much last year either. Though to lose Ware/Ward/Wade, that is just too much. I think Ward had much more impact on the NFZ than his overall numbers graded out at. Having an enforecer roaming the secondary causes problems.

Again, I am not saying this years Defense is bad. It just has taken several steps back. I put 75% of that on losing Wade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Is the Defense as good as it was without Ward, i think he was the bigger loss. But againit isn't Defense hilding this team back. So it is moot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Though to lose Ware/Ward/Wade
    I have no idea why, but this is making me giggle.

Smiling for what? The Broncos defense isn't a problem.

What do you think if we had wade we'd somehow be winning these game's?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Wade put the players in the best position to succeed. That's why the Broncos won Super Bowl 50. Period. Now we have a conservative defensive coordinator who can't create turnovers, can't put pressure on the QB, and can't find a way to keep Von from getting double teamed on nearly every play. This D was built for man coverage with aggressive blitz packages. Woods just doesn't get it. What a horrible hire. Wade would have this D dominating with the vastly improved D line that we have this year. Letting Wade go was almost as bad of a move as hiring Vance Joseph.
    It must suck to know that the Broncos have been the number one defense all season long..... You know ahead of the rams..... But I suppose when a portion of the fan base doesn't have any real knowledge about what the he'll is going on you get a i miss wade thread with a bunch of non factual emotional rants.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information