Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Khaki Slacks - the official let's go after Harbaugh, of the Jim variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I want a Broncos guy. I want someone familiar with the Organization and someone who's been through it before with John.

We went the hot assistant routes before, how has that worked out? Cowher, Gruden? Fassel? Guys not coming out of retirement? An unprepared colllege coach? Pete Carrol? A Harbaugh?

Who is out there? It isn't good.
    They need a low risk approach. Another foul up at the HC cannot happen. It will set this team back 10 years.
    Were this team is they need a veteran head coach that has been there before. Most likely a OC/DC that was HC before and waiting for his second chance to be different.
    Let's review the Broncos coaching history.

Hired Wade Phillips who had never been a head coach. Great defensive coordinator, still is. He sucked as a head coach. Then they went to Shanahan who had previously interviewed for the job but Pat Bowlen felt he didn't have enough experience. So, Shanny went to Oakland, where he struggled and pretty much sucked because Al Davis was really running that organization.

Then he came here. Two Superbowl Championships. Then Elway retired and Shanahan sucked at drafting and couldn't find a replacement QB who was any good for any length of time.

Then Pat Bowlen went for the flashy new, shiny Offensive Coordinator who would bring the "Patriots Way" to Denver. And Win More Championships! One McMoron later them was 4-12 and in disarray.

Elway stepped in and hired John Fox who had lots of head coaching experience with Carolina and had taken a team to the SB. Stability ensued and 4 consecutive AFC West Championships and a SB under Peyton. But there wasn't enough kicking and screaming in the playoff loss to the Colts so Elway got rid of him and brought in Kubiak.

Old friend who had previous head coaching experience with the Texans. A world championship followed immediately.

But after a 9-7 run in 2016 Elway wanted to fire the offensive coaches so Kubiak retired. Elway then hired the inexperienced but promising new shiny coordinator, who other teams wanted as well.

And here we are. The team is just wildly underachieving. They are getting badly outcoached in every game. The offensive scheme McCoy is running might work great - if he had a really GOOD QB, but with these QBs and these OL it just doesn't work. Denver keeps getting blown out and it's likely to continue on Sunday.

IF this team is 5-11 or 6-10 do they really need to give another "brilliant coordinator" the chance to learn how to be a head coach in the NFL at the Broncos expense?

Being head coach is not like being a defensive coordinator. Lots of coordinators reach their level of incompetence as head coach. Let's not take another one!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I want a Broncos guy. I want someone familiar with the Organization and someone who's been through it before with John.

We went the hot assistant routes before, how has that worked out? Cowher, Gruden? Fassel? Guys not coming out of retirement? An unprepared colllege coach? Pete Carrol? A Harbaugh?

Who is out there? It isn't good.
    They need a low risk approach. Another foul up at the HC cannot happen. It will set this team back 10 years.
    Were this team is they need a veteran head coach that has been there before. Most likely a OC/DC that was HC before and waiting for his second chance to be different.
    Let's review the Broncos coaching history.

Hired Wade Phillips who had never been a head coach. Great defensive coordinator, still is. He sucked as a head coach. Then they went to Shanahan who had previously interviewed for the job but Pat Bowlen felt he didn't have enough experience. So, Shanny went to Oakland, where he struggled and pretty much sucked because Al Davis was really running that organization.

Then he came here. Two Superbowl Championships. Then Elway retired and Shanahan sucked at drafting and couldn't find a replacement QB who was any good for any length of time.

Then Pat Bowlen went for the flashy new, shiny Offensive Coordinator who would bring the "Patriots Way" to Denver. And Win More Championships! One McMoron later them was 4-12 and in disarray.

Elway stepped in and hired John Fox who had lots of head coaching experience with Carolina and had taken a team to the SB. Stability ensued and 4 consecutive AFC West Championships and a SB under Peyton. But there wasn't enough kicking and screaming in the playoff loss to the Colts so Elway got rid of him and brought in Kubiak.

Old friend who had previous head coaching experience with the Texans. A world championship followed immediately.

But after a 9-7 run in 2016 Elway wanted to fire the offensive coaches so Kubiak retired. Elway then hired the inexperienced but promising new shiny coordinator, who other teams wanted as well.

And here we are. The team is just wildly underachieving. They are getting badly outcoached in every game. The offensive scheme McCoy is running might work great - if he had a really GOOD QB, but with these QBs and these OL it just doesn't work. Denver keeps getting blown out and it's likely to continue on Sunday.

IF this team is 5-11 or 6-10 do they really need to give another "brilliant coordinator" the chance to learn how to be a head coach in the NFL at the Broncos expense?

Being head coach is not like being a defensive coordinator. Lots of coordinators reach their level of incompetence as head coach. Let's not take another one!

...and that is my concern. Who is out there?

Bringing back Broncos worked once before. I believe John has to do that again. Not another untested young assistant.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Back to topic of Harbaugh, if John from Baltimore was relieved or resigned, would we want him either?

Meh. Honestly I cant get too excited over either one of them but they can do worse.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I liked the Ghostbusters remake
    I don't know how to respond to that....

Nope...still nothing...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't know how to respond to that....

Nope...still nothing...
    Well. He's European, so...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information