Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Khaki Slacks - the official let's go after Harbaugh, of the Jim variety.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Coming off a SB win, they won 9 games and failed to make the playoffs. And the defense got worn out. Just because they could do it last year doesn't mean that every year they can just trot out there with no offense and expect the Defense to do it all.

They got tired out and now they're playing badly.

But, your point that the coaching has sucked this year is valid. I don't know that it has mattered much though because Denver does not have a decent QB. Nobody thinks any of them are capable starters.
    San Francisco has MUCH LESS talent than Denver. Yet they go down kicking and screaming. I am just saying, when a team lays down and gets blown out, that is coaching. Same as when Fox's SB48 team laid down. Being non competitive is all on the coach. If anything, the Offense has more weapons this year than last, and IMO a slighlty improved Oline. I don't think you can say the Denver's defense is MORE worn out this year after a longer off season than they enjoyed the year before. Woods can not carry Wade's jock, McCoy sucked on his last go round sans Tebow creativity, and Leader of Men can lead the band out of town. This won't improve with another season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    San Francisco has MUCH LESS talent than Denver. Yet they go down kicking and screaming. I am just saying, when a team lays down and gets blown out, that is coaching. Same as when Fox's SB48 team laid down. Being non competitive is all on the coach. If anything, the Offense has more weapons this year than last, and IMO a slighlty improved Oline. I don't think you can say the Denver's defense is MORE worn out this year after a longer off season than they enjoyed the year before. Woods can not carry Wade's jock, McCoy sucked on his last go round sans Tebow creativity, and Leader of Men can lead the band out of town. This won't improve with another season.
    There is obvious dysfunction in Denver. I'm not sure how much of that is on VJ, but that's where you start looking. Him, Elway, Ellis, McCoy, Woods... That's where you look when a decent team gives up on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I want someone with orange in their blood.

Id prefer Rick Dennison. He interviewed for the job what, 3x?

I am even for bringing back Mike Shanahan at this point.
    Shazam stop this, Dennison is a horrible choice, coaches and players literally hate him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Shazam stop this, Dennison is a horrible choice, coaches and players literally hate him.
    I don't think he's aware that Dennison was the OC the last two years when the offense, especially the line, was just as shitty as it is now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't think he's aware that Dennison was the OC the last two years when the offense, especially the line, was just as shitty as it is now.
    I’m fairly sure he thinks Dennison is still Houston OC.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I’ll allow it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    If Harbaugh can't find a way to beat Ohio State, his crown will be short lived. There are grumbles (no hot seat yet), especially with losing to Mich St and Penn St. this year. But losing to Ohio St. will not be good for him.

Anyway, Harbaugh a maybe, and Kaep a definite NO.

Yea, the Michigan job comes with a lot of expectations. Jim has had some success but i wouldnt say he's done enough to have job security there. With all that said im not sure i want him in Denver either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we should be so lucky. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Yes it doesn't look a lot like kicking and screaming.

I don't think that if they play like this the rest of the year Elway will bring VJ back. And I've been arguing up till the Eagles game that there was no way they'd fire VJ after only 1 season. But, I'm beginning to doubt that.

There could be a total fan revolt with massive no-shows for the New Year's eve game against the Chiefs. That is likely to be a Sunday Night game and it could be seriously cold. Will the fans show up if the team is 4-11 or 5-10 at that point? That is how coaches get fired. Getting blown out at home against divisional rivals.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, the Michigan job comes with a lot of expectations. Jim has had some success but i wouldnt say he's done enough to have job security there. With all that said im not sure i want him in Denver either.
    They gave Rich Rod more time and he’s utter garbage. JH is a Michigan guy.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Forget the fans, Elway can't stand him. Rico was Kubiak's pick and Elway couldn't wait to fire him after the season. That was a big reason Kubiak didn't come back. Dennison was the first asst. coach Elway wanted gone and Kubiak didn't want to save his job by throwing his assistants under the bus. So, they agreed Kubiak would retire. And then Elway fired Rico before he even hired VJ (along with Clancey Barone the OL coach). That guy couldn't even find an OL job, he's now coaching the TEs in Minn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Sean McGay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Rico isn't getting an interview, Elway doesn't like him for some reason.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

That isn't true. chris kuper's dad used to post on the mane once and while and stated a couple of time the players and fellow coaches really respected and liked him. Kubes was really loyal to him ans was one of the guys he defend all the time.
    Last edited by elsid13; 11-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I want a Broncos guy. I want someone familiar with the Organization and someone who's been through it before with John.

We went the hot assistant routes before, how has that worked out? Cowher, Gruden? Fassel? Guys not coming out of retirement? An unprepared colllege coach? Pete Carrol? A Harbaugh?

Who is out there? It isn't good.

They need a low risk approach. Another foul up at the HC cannot happen. It will set this team back 10 years.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information