Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Eli is making $19.7 million this year, and due to make $22.2 next year and $23.2 the following year. He has a full no-trade clause. It's possible that we'd agree to acquire him on the condition of renegotiating his deal, but I think the most likely scenario would be him getting cut. Even so, it seems like it'd be in 2019 after they draft a QB this offseason and not next season. I don't think there's enough upside there to justify the cost.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You have an obstruction in your mouth
    Ninja's very first edit!

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Post reported for inaccuracy. It's something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    My bad. That thing confused me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    You're on a roll now!
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

4. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Earning popularity wherever I range!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Earning popularity wherever I range!
    No problem. There's nothing you can do to make me hate you . . .

. . . more . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Another successful social interaction for the ninja!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Eli is making $19.7 million this year, and due to make $22.2 next year and $23.2 the following year. He has a full no-trade clause. It's possible that we'd agree to acquire him on the condition of renegotiating his deal, but I think the most likely scenario would be him getting cut. Even so, it seems like it'd be in 2019 after they draft a QB this offseason and not next season. I don't think there's enough upside there to justify the cost.
    That's a good point, I didn't really think about the cost.

Still, I'm not convinced we will sniff a better QB in 2018 if that's even a possibility. I would seriously consider it.

Take it to the lounge or clean it up folks.
    You cant make us!&#&!!@@@++
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Eli looks awful because the only OLine worse than the NYG is Denver.

Not even close to Peyton.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pass.

This would scream desperation and only conclude that Denver as a franchise cant find or groom a franchise QB. At some point the FO and ompany need to go and prove they can actually build a dynasty without plugging up the holes with has beens. Patchwork teams only get you so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Andrew Luck is the answer. Elway should do whatever it takes to have his fellow Stanford alumni as the Denver Broncos starting QB next season, whatever it takes!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Andrew Luck is the answer. Elway should do whatever it takes to have his fellow Stanford alumni as the Denver Broncos starting QB next season, whatever it takes!
    You're not concerned with his shoulder injury?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    You're not concerned with his shoulder injury?
    No. It's all in his head.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Agreed. A 4th rounder? Sure. What are the chances that you get a a decent return on a QB for a 4th rounder?

I'd take that trade. The giants won't though.
    The Giants would want more than Eli is worth. At least a 2nd round pick. Elway would have to commit to paying Eli $20+ million too. Are the Broncos 1 QB away from a SB? Maybe not.

The Broncos are going to get a top 10 pick, and they can trade that to get up to #3 or so and get an elite QB prospect. Then they can rebuild. That's what teams that lose a Hall of Fame QB like Peyton and then have several QB picks flat-line. It's pretty clear that the defense is no longer going to be able to carry the team. They don't have DeMarcus Ware or Malik Jackson or Danny Trevathan (who could actually cover a TE) on this team.

They tried to sign Calais Campbell for that very reason during the off-season but he got $15M a year from Jacksonville. Oh, btw, Calais has 11 sacks on the season for the Jaguars who have quietly assembled a better defense than the Broncos - including Malik Jackson.

Lol! It's easy to say "whatever it takes!" but impossible to do it. Why would Jim Irsay trade Luck to the Broncos? The chances are less than zero!

First, the Colts are not trading Luck. Second, if the Colts were to trade Luck they would certainly not trade him to the Broncos. Irsay was humiliated because they let Peyton go in FA, and then watched Peyton win 13, 13, 12, and 12 games the next 4 seasons and take the Broncos to 2 SBs, and win one. Meanwhile the Colts have stagnated with Luck because they can't build anything around him, because they are the Colts.

For the same reason you would WANT Andrew Luck on the Broncos, that is why they would never trade him.

Oh, and did I mention they are NOT trading Andrew Luck. Not interested in a trade. Not going to happen. There is nothing the Broncos can do to get him. It's not worth bothering about. And certainly not arguing about on fan forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Pass.

This would scream desperation and only conclude that Denver as a franchise cant find or groom a franchise QB. At some point the FO and ompany need to go and prove they can actually build a dynasty without plugging up the holes with has beens. Patchwork teams only get you so far.
    The idea would be that you have a SB caliber defense and need a veteran QB who is ready to lead the team to a SB right now, and not in 3 years when some rookie has had time to develop.

Only, DO the Broncos have a SB caliber defense any more? They played well enough through the first 7 games, but got crucified in Philly. At some point you are what you are, no excuses.

They do not have a dynamic pass rush outside of Von Miller. They have good but not great Safeties, and their inside LBs are unable to cover TEs or shifty pass receivers over the middle. We saw that in Philly too.

Oh, and on offense they have DT and Sanders and nothing else. The OL sucks. No Denver RB has played well this year, so they need a good RB. No 3rd WR. The TEs are garbage although they have Jake Butt coming off IR next year, so hopefully that will get better.

But, Denver is about 5 to 8 starters, including QB away from a SB. That is not going to be fixed in one season probably. And it's looking like letting Wade Phillips go was a mistake too. Joe Woods is not getting those players to play the way they did under Wade. And Chris Harris just said publicly that they miss TJ Ward on defense.

On top of that, VJ is looking clueless, the offense is terrible under Mike McCoy, so the coaching staff is suspect too. If the team goes 5-11, which is looking increasingly likely, does VJ survive to a 2nd season? Probably, but he will certainly be on the hot seat and will be fired if they fail to make the playoffs again.

In all this, does it make sense to pretend you have a SB team if only you can get an elite QB? Maybe. But, it's unlikely to work even if you get him. There are a lot more holes on this team than they thought.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information