Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL draft order - 2018

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Wait a second pal
    Your BAE just turned on you....
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Whose your number one corner?

I think roquan smith is a top 5 pick as well rigjt with derwin james,

As far as best RB yeah saquan out of penn state is a fricking stud offensive game changer that you have to account for in your game plan.
    Minkah Fitzpatrick is the #1 CB but I’ll take Tavarus McFadden at this point. Too many bust from Bama defensive backfield.

Roquan Smith is a borderline 1st atm, from what I’m reading, wait til Combine/Pro Day process.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Minkah Fitzpatrick is the #1 CB but I’ll take Tavarus McFadden at this point. Too many bust from Bama defensive backfield.

Roquan Smith is a borderline 1st atm, from what I’m reading, wait til Combine/Pro Day process.
    IF a linebacker like Roquan Smith is a late 1st/ early 2nd then we sure qs hell better trade up and snag him late first.... I highly doubt he last past the top 10 though. Once he runs a 4.5 and has an awesome shuttle drill time he'll secure his top 10 status.

McFadden is a stud though and FSU has been spitting out some very very good corner lately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

IF a linebacker like Roquan Smith is a late 1st/ early 2nd then we sure qs hell better trade up and snag him late first.... I highly doubt he last past the top 10 though. Once he runs a 4.5 and has an awesome shuttle drill time he'll secure his top 10 status.
    That’s what I’m thinking but he apparently ran 4.7’s in spring practices, he’ll prepare for the combine and probably shine though.

But it’s not a given.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

McFadden is a stud though and FSU has been spitting out some very very good corner lately.
    He’s struggled this season, as has most of the top ‘18 Draft prospects, for whatever reason.

I just hope the Broncos haven’t secured a high pick in another ‘13 dud, that entire draft was brutal.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    That’s what I’m thinking but he apparently ran 4.7’s in spring practices, he’ll prepare for the combine and probably shine though.

But it’s not a given.
    He looks a whole lot faster on game tape than 4.7 but we'll see.

Currently 4th according to link.

Tankathon.

9. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Let's go 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

#gargleforDarnold
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Let's go 3!
    Hard to move up when the Browns never win, the Giants have 2 wins, and the 49ers also have 2 to Denver's 3 wins. At most any of those teams might win 1 more game, and Denver might not have the tie-breaker (strength of schedule). In fact if they stumble onto another win they will drop to around #7 - making it hard to move up to draft a franchise Qb.

I just checked Tankathon and it's worse than I thought. The 49ers play the 4-8 Texans next week, but finish up with a murders' row: Titans 8-4, Jaguars 8-4 and Rams 9-3. No chance in those games.

Giants have a slightly better chance in that they play the Cowboys, Cardinals, Eagles, and Redskins. But, probably they don't win another game either. Doesn't matter who Cleveland plays. They'll lose.

So, the Broncos probably will wind up #4 or worse.
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-08-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Hard to move up when the Browns never win, the Giants have 2 wins, and the 49ers also have 2 to Denver's 3 wins. At most any of those teams might win 1 more game, and Denver might not have the tie-breaker (strength of schedule). In fact if they stumble onto another win they will drop to around #7 - making it hard to move up to draft a franchise Qb.

I just checked Tankathon and it's worse than I thought. The 49ers play the 4-8 Texans next week, but finish up with a murders' row: Titans 8-4, Jaguars 8-4 and Rams 9-3. No chance in those games.

Giants have a slightly better chance in that they play the Cowboys, Cardinals, Eagles, and Redskins. But, probably they don't win another game either. Doesn't matter who Cleveland plays. They'll lose.

So, the Broncos probably will wind up #4 or worse.
    The Giants could conceivably win one or two of those games, now that Eli is playing again. Maybe the stench of McAdoo being lifted will help them. The 49ers are harder to see, though I think they have a chance against the Texans this week with Jimmy G going.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    The Giants could conceivably win one or two of those games, now that Eli is playing again. Maybe the stench of McAdoo being lifted will help them. The 49ers are harder to see, though I think they have a chance against the Texans this week with Jimmy G going.
    WEll, the Giants better beat Dallas. Broncos have a worse strength of schedule than they do, so they have the tie-breaker.

As for the 49ers they could win 1 more game too.

But, strength of schedule changes by what the teams ultimately do. Beat a 6-0 team is one thing. But, if that team then lost 10 in a row, their strength of schedule # would go down.

SO the # will change. That might mean the 49ers would need to win 2 games for the Broncos to get past them.

Some interesting things this afternoon about the draft standings. The worst loser teams are sorting themselves out from those with more hope for the future:

Current draft standings:

1. Browns 0-13 - They lost again in overtime because of course they did.
    2. Giants 2-11. Eli is back and they still can't win. This looks like a 2-14 team now.
    3. Indy moves up from 5 to #3 because both the Broncos and 49ers won. Interesting.
    4. 49ers. 3-10 With Jimmy Garapolo at the helm suddenly they are capable of winning games. Expect them to win another game this year, and who knows? Perhaps the Rams will be resting all their starters in the final game and give it away to the 49ers.
    5. Broncos 4-9 (Broncos still have the tie-breaker: lower strength of schedule .485 - they played worse teams.
    6. Houston 4-9 sos: .512
    7. Chicago 4-9 sos: .553
    8. Tampa 4-9 sos: .558
    9. Cincinnati 5-8 sos: .475
    10. Redskins 5-8 sos: .524
    Most interesting is the Colts moving up. They are not giving up on Andrew Luck at this point. So, it's hard to imagine them drafting a QB, which means they will be trying to trade down and acquire more picks. And they could easily wind up with the #2 pick of the Draft if Denver beats them on Thursday.

You can see that coming too because the Colts are lifeless and the Broncos just won.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The problem is if the Chargers keep winning which I think they will, our SOS will get higher.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information