Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: NFL draft order - 2018

Sashi was running it like a baseball team, which some of his ideas where cool. Didn't work overall though.

Maybe an approach like that mixed in with conventional ideas...since it did net them a boat load of picks.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I think Sashi Brown was running things for a couple of years - he got fired towards the end of the season and they hired John Dorsey as GM.
    It’s interesting they fired their GM but kept the HC who won about 3 games in 3 years

I think we have to call Cleveland and mortgage a bunch of first rounders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Sashi was running it like a baseball team, which some of his ideas where cool. Didn't work overall though.

Maybe an approach like that mixed in with conventional ideas...since it did net them a boat load of picks.
    I think he got a raw deal. Much like Sam Hinkie and the 76ers.

The owners say they want to tear down and rebuild, then they lose their will halfway through the process and the GM gets hung out to dry while the next guy gets to reap all the rewards of their sacrifice.

Jimmy Haslam is a fraud and a clown.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Sashi was doing a good job drafting and was being innovative and arguably groundbreaking as an executive. They fired him. I'm not sure how many other teams had better draft (recent) draft classes than Cle, but it couldn't have been too many.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Sashi was doing a good job drafting and was being innovative and arguably groundbreaking as an executive. They fired him. I'm not sure how many other teams had better draft (recent) draft classes than Cle, but it couldn't have been too many.
    Firing Sashi and keeping Hue Jackson is a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I would've kept them both, tbh. Regardless, Cleveland is snake bitten. And that's why I want that number one pick, because that cat from UCLA is the god damned truth. I want that QB. GIMME DAT QB!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Jackson convinced Haslam that nobody could win with the lack of talent on their roster. He has a point. Of course this will not help him this year if they start 0-6 or something, he'll be fired by mid-season unless he manages to win some games.

Just goes to show how the draft is a complete crap shoot and the exports are generally wrong more often than they are right.
    No it doesn't. It shows that the experts were right: when the Broncos were on the board, the best player available was LB Reuben Foster. Everybody knew this. It wasn't a mystery before the draft., They passed on him because they desperately needed a LT and didn't manage to sign one in FA.

Thus, they were forced to take the "best T on the board" instead of the best player. You see the result. Foster is great. Bolles is adequate. They took a pretty mediocre player because of desperate need.

That is not good drafting. As for some other guys who didn't play well, OJ Howard for instance, how much of that was due to being on the Bucs, where Jameis Winston was apparently more interested in groping Uber Drivers than working on becoming a great NFL QB?

Foster also has injury issues....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I would've kept them both, tbh. Regardless, Cleveland is snake bitten. And that's why I want that number one pick, because that cat from UCLA is the god damned truth. I want that QB. GIMME DAT QB!
    Prima Donna with injury concerns. I'd take Darnold over him. Long term Darnold will be better.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Prima Donna with injury concerns. I'd take Darnold over him. Long term Darnold will be better.
    Big personalities make for better leaders. I'd love Darnold, tbh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

DePodesta is the baseball guy. He's still there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Everybody says that Darnold should ultimately be better, but he's more unpolished. Cleveland will take Darnold because Josh Rosen has publicly said he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. What's the point of drafting a guy who doesn't want to be there? What kind of locker-room guy will he be?

But, the Broncos aren't getting either. Denver will be able to draft: Mayfield, Allen or Jackson. If they don't love any of them, they could draft the Best Player Available, or trade back and take a T or something, then draft a QB in the 2nd round.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information