Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OLine? Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Rodgrs OLine is serviceable. So is Brady's. They are average, meaning, better than mediocre. Not terrible. If this team had even average OLine play and protections, theyd be 6-2 or 5-3.
    Not with our QB's. Rogers and Brady can win with an average O Line. They are quality QB's. Not our QB's
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The line has 2 glaring weaknesses and Bolles had an awful day. Goes back to coaching and higher up thinking this line was good. Watson beats his chest like a silverback gorilla, plays like a chimpanzee, Garcia is god awful.

At the same time, we don't have a starting caliber qb in this team.

To argue over which is the issue is futile. They're both issues. They both suck monkey balls.

And that reflects more on the front office and coaches than anything. How the **** did we get here? No plan B.
    Plan "B"? They are on Plan "F" by now, and none of these plans have worked.

Plan A - Keep Peyton around. Peyton wanted to keep playing and said publicly in August 2015 that he would "of course" play out his contract (until after the 2016 season) and then decide. Only he got hurt in 2015 and Elway was in a hurry to get to the "Age of the Brock" and helped Manning decide to retire after the SB.

Plan B - Brock stiffed Elway and went off to Houston, requiring Plan C.

Plan C was to draft a QB and find a veteran starter until that rookie could start. Said rookie turned out to be Giraffe #2. Only he never got "ready" so he's been relegated to the bench ever since.

Plan D - After the Butt-Fumbler fumbled and bumbled his way out of town the Broncos turned to Trevor Siemian a little regarded 7th round QB who looked good in the pre-season.

Plan E - After one season of Trevor, Elway was saying "OK, Plan E everybody: we'll have an OPEN QB contest." Tony Romo? Will you come on down? No? OK. Paxton, are you ready? No, no, OK. Trevor, I guess you're the guy. Don't screw it up by turning the ball over!"

Plan F - "OMG! He's getting worse by the game, turning it over and over! We need to make a change! Brock! It's your turn again. Don't screw this up by turning the ball over and the job could be yours!"

After today's game: "OMG! He's turning the ball over too! Now what?"

I don't think they have a Plan G, other than to turn to Paxton, and clearly he's not going to stop this runaway train, now that the defense has apparently given up the ghost.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It’s like you’ve been reading my diary. Do you like pina colada’s and getting caught in the rain?
    I do, but no cheeseburgers in paradise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I do, but no cheeseburgers in paradise.
    Forget it then, i guess it’s just not meant to be.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Broncos are ninth in the league in rushing. I mean, I get it, y'all want to blame the line for everything, but the facts don't support the arguments. We have shit at quarterback. You need good quarterback play in the NFL. I don't give a shit what your line looks like. I really don't. I care how good the quarterback is. Does that mean Denver's line is great, no. But it's about average. You can win with an average line if you don't have shit at quarterback.
    The line has 2 glaring weaknesses and Bolles had an awful day. Goes back to coaching and higher up thinking this line was good. Watson beats his chest like a silverback gorilla, plays like a chimpanzee, Garcia is god awful.

At the same time, we don't have a starting caliber qb in this team.

To argue over which is the issue is futile. They're both issues. They both suck monkey balls.

And that reflects more on the front office and coaches than anything. How the **** did we get here? No plan B.
    I agree with both of these things. First, the line is better than it was last year, that's just a fact. We have a terrible RT situation and a pretty bad LG situation. Bolles is still learning so I don't expect him to be perfect every game. Paradis and Leary are both very good. That equates to a roughly average OL. No team has five great players across the line, not even the Cowboys. Is the line a problem? Yes. Is it the biggest problem we have? No.

If you're trying to say that since neither of our QB's looked good behind this line, I would say that's a fallacy. Neither of our QB's looked good because neither of them are good. You'll see the same when Lynch starts too. Russell Wilson wins with the worst OL in football. Kirk Cousins led a game winning drive against the Seahawks with every starter and backup on the line either out or hurt. I want a better RT this offseason for sure. But we need our QB and he's not on this roster right now.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I agree with both of these things. First, the line is better than it was last year, that's just a fact. We have a terrible RT situation and a pretty bad LG situation. Bolles is still learning so I don't expect him to be perfect every game. Paradis and Leary are both very good. That equates to a roughly average OL. No team has five great players across the line, not even the Cowboys. Is the line a problem? Yes. Is it the biggest problem we have? No.

If you're trying to say that since neither of our QB's looked good behind this line, I would say that's a fallacy. Neither of our QB's looked good because neither of them are good. You'll see the same when Lynch starts too. Russell Wilson wins with the worst OL in football. Kirk Cousins led a game winning drive against the Seahawks with every starter and backup on the line either out or hurt. I want a better RT this offseason for sure. But we need our QB and he's not on this roster right now.

Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

How about second year man Carson Wentz. How does he play so well after losing both of his starting tackles for the year?
    He's a very good QB, that's why!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    How about second year man Carson Wentz. How does he play so well after losing both of his starting tackles for the year?
    He's a very good QB, that's why!
    Damn straight. I wish we had a guy like that on this team. And remember, the Eagles put a lot of resources into the QB position and ended up with a good one, even though it seemed like a steep price at the time. That's what we need to do - get a FA QB next year (not sure who yet, but there will be plenty) and go all in on a rookie in the first round and hope you evaluated correctly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Philly is very strong up front on both sides. Their backups could probably start in Denver's putrid offense.

Hell I'm available to start at Tackle or Guard. I can play just as well.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information