Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Cod wwii

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default Cod wwii

    Wow. Quite possibly the best game Iíve played. Easily the best of the COD franchise. They went to great lengths to keep the battles and maps historically accurate. The Normandy beach scenes and map... man, what a game.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Wow. Quite possibly the best game Iíve played. Easily the best of the COD franchise. They went to great lengths to keep the battles and maps historically accurate. The Normandy beach scenes and map... man, what a game.
    Platform?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Platform?
    Xbox 1 for me, but it's available on ps4, pc, etc

  4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    18,677

    Default

    i prefer the new assassins creed origins.


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i prefer the new assassins creed origins.

    Meh.

  7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    50,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Wow. Quite possibly the best game I’ve played. Easily the best of the COD franchise. They went to great lengths to keep the battles and maps historically accurate. The Normandy beach scenes and map... man, what a game.
    After having not even played the last COD, with this review, I might have to give the new one a go.

    Any decent single player, or mostly multi player focused?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    After having not even played the last COD, with this review, I might have to give the new one a go.

    Any decent single player, or mostly multi player focused?
    The campaign is really good so far. They definitely put a LOT more effort into the campaign mode than I recall one any other one. COD Ghost was good campaign wise, but nothing compared to this one

  10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    18,677

    Default

    its getting pretty bad reviews on steam, i may check it tho

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    its getting pretty bad reviews on steam, i may check it tho
    Consider the source. Averaging 4.6 stars reviews everywhere else...

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    its getting pretty bad reviews on steam, i may check it tho
    Ya, sounds like a bad port. I might get a console tho just for this game...

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    VJ's Challenge Flag
    Posts
    34,341

    Default

    I really like the new "War" online mode. It suits my style of gameplay - I've never been a "camp out" and worry about my k/d ration kind of guy. I'd much rather run and gun & work towards an objective, which is why I always played domination previously.

    That Normandy level where you sit in the bunkers and rain bullets down on the beach is great. (I feel like my WWII vet grandfather is rolling in his grave at that sentence).

  15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:


  16. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I really like the new "War" online mode. It suits my style of gameplay - I've never been a "camp out" and worry about my k/d ration kind of guy. I'd much rather run and gun & work towards an objective, which is why I always played domination previously.

    That Normandy level where you sit in the bunkers and rain bullets down on the beach is great. (I feel like my WWII vet grandfather is rolling in his grave at that sentence).
    I have become addicted to War mode. I've found that in bunker A I actually prefer a sniper rifle and just pick people off way out in the water, and in bunker B I either like to man the guns or I'll put a trip mine near the berm they come over and then hang out in between the bunkers just waiting for them to get off the beach.

    War mode is probably the best mode in the game. Like you, I've always enjoyed the objective maps, especially domination (and demolition in other CODs). But they really outdid themselves with this War mode. I also enjoy the other War maps, not just the D-day invasion but the one where you have to take the command post, then build the bridge, destroy the munitions, and take out the flak guns... Great times.

  17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    VJ's Challenge Flag
    Posts
    34,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I have become addicted to War mode. I've found that in bunker A I actually prefer a sniper rifle and just pick people off way out in the water, and in bunker B I either like to man the guns or I'll put a trip mine near the berm they come over and then hang out in between the bunkers just waiting for them to get off the beach.

    War mode is probably the best mode in the game. Like you, I've always enjoyed the objective maps, especially domination (and demolition in other CODs). But they really outdid themselves with this War mode. I also enjoy the other War maps, not just the D-day invasion but the one where you have to take the command post, then build the bridge, destroy the munitions, and take out the flak guns... Great times.
    Yeah - I prefer to start in bunker B and man the guns because you have the advantage of the additional cover... I usually get taken out pretty quickly in bunker A. But I like the idea of the mine by the berm.

    I like the other maps as well... I think I've soured on the "Neptune/Normandy" map a little bit only because I don't like the couple of objectives after the beach (like defending the communications), and I don't like having to be the team storming the beach. But getting to start in the bunkers is fun.

    I think I like the "tank/steal fuel" map the best in war mode. I like that initial part where you're either trying to advance your tanks, or stop them from advancing... The key is building or destroying those hedgehogs, depending on which side you're on.

  19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:


  20. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    This game sounds so fun.

  21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  22. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    30,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    This game sounds so fun.
    It really is.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How was your Thursday (WWII Aircraft inside)
    By Davii in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 03:59 PM
  2. Ghosts of WWII
    By tripleoption in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group