Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Games on Thursdays and the players that complain about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default Games on Thursdays and the players that complain about it.

Just saw Rich Cognito complain (basically making excuses) about how bad it is that they have to play on a Thursday. I get it, it is a little tougher. Oh, what is that I hear? A bunch of Lions and Cowboys players long retired who played every Thanksgiving their entire career crying over every team needing to play ONE Thursday game a year.

Personally, I would not mind if they did away with it, but then how fair would it be and fair has it been that only THOSE TWO TEAMS every year played on a Thursday? I do not recall Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith or Roger Staubach giving that much grief about it. Certainly did not keep the Cowboys from being successful.

Also, there is no study that shows that players are injured at a higher rate on a Thursday than other days. In fact having every team play at least ONE Thursday game is actually more fair. Technically, it was UNFAIR that only TWO TEAMS were committed to that every year.

Don't NHL players have 82 game seasons? They play 3 times a week for 6 months and they do not go out of the game when the offense or defense is on the ice. They all play both ways. Plus, those NFL teams then have 10 days in row off. Right?

Just another example of how media hype affects the psyche of humans.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 11-03-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What whiners!

3. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What whiners!
    I always love it too how the BSPN types are always in agreement with them. Meanwhile, no one who complains that it is just SOOOOO bad for NFL players bring up the fact that Detroit and Dallas have been doing this for 50 years.

All of a sudden the media types hype it is so bad due to.....CONCUSSIONS.....and the snowball begins. Now we have players getting on the bandwagon. Still zero studies or any indication that players are injured at a higher rate on Thursday games.

Is it me? Have the Lions and Cowboys been doing this every year for over 50 years? Why is that fair that they are the only two teams that do that? You know, since according to these players that it is just so bad for them.

We know what is coming right? The bottom line is we need to prepare our minds that American football is circling a drain. Cities around America are already banning the sport. Now that that has started, and the nation follows suit, and HS football is ultimately banned, that will be it.

Now, don't worry. The other sports that cause concussions will be allowed. I mean just so long as it is not football. American football, to be specific.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

The on-field product on Thursday night football is typically less than stellar. I, personally, would love to see them get rid of Thursday games, especially since they were only added as a cash grab for the NFLN. If they want to keep them the game should be teams coming off their bye week. This would end the complaints that they are too close together, give the teams more than enough time to prepare, and give a much better on-field product.

6. The Following 9 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The on-field product on Thursday night football is typically less than stellar. I, personally, would love to see them get rid of Thursday games, especially since they were only added as a cash grab for the NFLN. If they want to keep them the game should be teams coming off their bye week. This would end the complaints that they are too close together, give the teams more than enough time to prepare, and give a much better on-field product.
    That is true. Then again, lets get rid of Thanksgiving Day football. I wonder why those games were never considered less than stellar. I seem to remember a lot of good games on Thanksgiving over the years.

I guess the point is it would not be fair for the Lions and Cowboys to be the only teams every year that play on a day that is so unhealthy. Healthier football. LOL, that is funny.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    That is true. Then again, lets get rid of Thanksgiving Day football. I wonder why those games were never considered less than stellar. I seem to remember a lot of good games on Thanksgiving over the years.

I guess the point is it would not be fair for the Lions and Cowboys to be the only teams every year that play on a day that is so unhealthy. Healthier football. LOL, that is funny.
    The Lions and Cowboys FOUGHT to be those two teams. That's an extra primetime game for both teams, and the teams that play them on Thanksgiving are given the option whether they wish to or not before the schedule is published.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Plus, who wants to mess with fantasy football lineups before Sunday morning?

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I would be fine getting rid of Thursday night football.

I am not a big fan of late night football but especially not in the middle of the work week.

Going to be even worse for me starting next season as I am moving from Colorado to the east coast, late games won't be getting over until after 10PM. **** that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Thursday games suck.

Don't need em, don't want em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i remember the broncos first thursday night game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Who was the white safety that missed the tackle? I can't remember his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

The Broncos QB, not mentioning the name, managed 9-20 (45%) for 104 yards. Yes we won, but yuck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so still better then getting shut out by San Diego?

kk thx

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Jets were prepared. It's the schedule given, and I don't see the NFL doing away with Thursday night games. I guess when the winning team's players complain, the league will listen....nah, probably not.

Rick....sorry to hear you're venturing to the east coast time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    so still better then getting shut out by San Diego?

kk thx
    You will have to show me the post where I said the QB in that game played well either. I will wait for you to find it.

kk thx.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information