Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WATCH: Chad Kelly practices for first time with Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    THose are some pretty much appropriate names. Except that I call them "Giraffe #1 and Giraffe #2". They are pretty much indistinguishable "giraffes who can't play dead in a Western."

But, you have to admit Brock's coat has such a pretty albino color:

Attachment 11340
    I hadn't even taken the time to name Paxton, but he's looking like butt pirate at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He seems like a nice enough dude, as a QB he leaves a hell of a lot to be desired over the last several months.
    really the last few games. He's gone David Carr on us. Abort! Abort!

To deny he had potential is at odds with his early season results and camp. He just got demolished, lost ability to perform in battle, and needed to take a seat. Some of it is on the line but really he couldn't compensate the way a lot of pros compensate and adapt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

You see, that's the thing.

What happened to David Carr?

He was beaten to a pulp to the point it ruined him.

Siemien has all the mechanical tools of a pocket passer QB. He has shown much better instinct in the past but the total breakdown of the OLine destroyed him.

The inept OLine broke Trevor mentally while it hastened Peytons demise and broke him physically.

I don't see Oz having a much better go of it over the next two weeks either.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Hopefully that was immaturity and Uncle Jim whacked him over the head a few times.
    If your scouting is the same thing you used to dub Trevor a good starting quarterback then you already wrote the final chapter for Kelly, also whats stopping kelly from being ruined like Trevor was by fox kubiak and Joseph? Also Kelly is vance Joseph's hand picked guy, his favorite qb in the draft, also Vance is going nowhere.... So how does Kelly succeed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Who cares if Kelly is a nutcase as long as he can play? TS has the personality of a wet mop but his teammates wanted him to be starter.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    If your scouting is the same thing you used to dub Trevor a good starting quarterback then you already wrote the final chapter for Kelly, also whats stopping kelly from being ruined like Trevor was by fox kubiak and Joseph? Also Kelly is vance Joseph's hand picked guy, his favorite qb in the draft, also Vance is going nowhere.... So how does Kelly succeed?
    TS didn’t play for Fox.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Personal attacks on seimien really are dumb and childish.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Hopefully that was immaturity and Uncle Jim whacked him over the head a few times.
    It wasnt magic that he started 20 something NFL games. This wasn't a young Peyton getting abused out there. This was a 7th rd pick thrust into a very tough situation that he wasn't ready for. He is still young and has much to learn.

His decline was a product of a horrible offensive line imo. He couldnt handle the pressure and abuse. He isnt the first QB to get ruined by the beatings he took. He took some monster shots out there and it has clearly affected him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Personal attacks on seimien really are dumb and childish.
    I agree, you’re better than this people.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

You see, that's the thing.

What happened to David Carr?

He was beaten to a pulp to the point it ruined him.

Siemien has all the mechanical tools of a pocket passer QB. He has shown much better instinct in the past but the total breakdown of the OLine destroyed him.

The inept OLine broke Trevor mentally while it hastened Peytons demise and broke him physically.

I don't see Oz having a much better go of it over the next two weeks either.
    I could even agree with you but what difference would it make? Trevor was an 7th round pick. No 7th round pick has ever won a SB to my knowledge. The only guys not drafted in the first two rounds to win SBs were Brady, Warner and Russell Wilson (3RD round).

Most teams didn't even bother to scout him. So, he exceeded expectations to become a starter. He'd have to exceed them twice more to be SB caliber Q B and that didn't happen. No surprise.

It is actually called the "Peter Principle" which states that in any organization a man who is successful at one level will continue to rise up in the organization until he reaches his "level of incompetence." Unfortunately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i noticed siemian is now overthrowing people in practice.
    Trigga ****face!
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

It wasnt magic that he started 20 something NFL games. This wasn't a young Peyton getting abused out there. This was a 7th rd pick thrust into a very tough situation that he wasn't ready for. He is still young and has much to learn.

His decline was a product of a horrible offensive line imo. He couldnt handle the pressure and abuse. He isnt the first QB to get ruined by the beatings he took. He took some monster shots out there and it has clearly affected him.
    Yes. And now his days starting for the Broncos are over. Done. He will never start another game for them barring injury. So, about a 50% probability they are forced to give him another start prior to the year's end.

But, unless that happens and he suddenly starts looking like Aaron Rogers out there then he's gone in January and will be backing up for another team somewhere next season. They are not going to be "patient" with him because there's no upside to keeping him around.

Next year the starting QB is, in order of each player being given a chance:

1. Osweiler (if he plays well in his chance)

2. Paxton (if Giraffe #1 flames out but Paxton comes in and impresses the coaching staff - yeah, like that's gonna happen!)

3. Chad Kelly (wildly unlikely they start Mr. Irrelevant, but he could wind up being the backup if the Broncos sign a FA veteran QB to start)

4. A FA veteran who could be someone Elways figures is undervalued - like they took a flyer on the Butt-Fumbler only to see him bumble his way out of town with turnovers).

5. A move up in the first round to secure a future franchise QB. This will be the most likely scenario if the Broncos tank the rest of the season, and run Osweiler and Lynch out of town. In that case of course, Kelly is relegated to the practice squad unless they carry 3 QBs on the active roster and they will probably try and secure a veteran starter until the rookie is ready to start - i.e. the same scenario they tried with Paxton Lynch only he was never ready to step in and start.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-04-2017 at 11:48 AM.

You'd swear Paxton lynch has been in the league for 5 year's or so the way many talk. This dude has like 1 start, 1 year and a half experience as a pro. Hasn't even had enough time to officially flame out. I guarantee the Broncos can trade lynch today for something and theredI be multiple teams wanting him. Not so much for Trevor though.

So you have to give him a shot, dude has like a 4 or 5 year contract and he was actually predicted by allllll the experts to need 2-3 red shirt year's, the only way to speed that process up is to actually play in GAME'S. Which is why he must play.

A move up in the first round for who exactly? Someone show me a elite prospect coming out.

If the Broncos are picking 12 or so I sure as hell hope tbey draft roquan smith, MLB from Georgia, a athletic and mentally gifted inside backer who can actually cover tight ends and running backs out the back field.

Lamar Jackson is seen in most mocks as the number one pick or best quarterback prospect, which lets you know just how weak the class is and im somebody who thinks he is actually the best quarterback prospect but number one overall? Nah that says the class is weak if Jackson is the number one pick. There are much better offensive weapons (including some good tackles) coming out to be had in the top 5 over any of this group of quarterback. All of thrm lool like they'll need multiple year's before they even have a shot.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information