Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Osweiler is officially starting QB for your Denver Broncos

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 31m31 minutes ago

The biggest (only?!) thing for Osweiler is not committing turnovers. Can he manage it? 2016: 16 INT, 1 lost fumble. 2015 (7 g): 6 INT, 1 F.

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 27m27 minutes ago

Osweiler also takes a lot of sacks -- 27 in his 14 starts for Houston last year; and 23 in his 7 starts for Denver in 2015.

So the Broncos' success with Osweiler will be all about decision making. Can he get rid of the ball quickly?

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am already looking forward to overpaying Kirk Cousins in a few months.
    I've been thinking about that a lot, I don't think we will, given the opportunity. Too important to keep the defense together IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 31m31 minutes ago

The biggest (only?!) thing for Osweiler is not committing turnovers. Can he manage it? 2016: 16 INT, 1 lost fumble. 2015 (7 g): 6 INT, 1 F.

Osweiler also takes a lot of sacks -- 27 in his 14 starts for Houston last year; and 23 in his 7 starts for Denver in 2015.

So the Broncos' success with Osweiler will be all about decision making. Can he get rid of the ball quickly?
    Oh so he just needs to not turn the ball over and not take sacks and make good decisions to be successful! Lindsay Jones cracking the code ya'll!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Oh so he just needs to not turn the ball over and not take sacks and make good decisions to be successful! Lindsay Jones cracking the code ya'll!
    Well, we're all assuming he'll be better than Siemian, but those numbers aren't very positive. Eagles are going to go giraffe hunting this Sunday as he slowly ambles around the pocket.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I am shocked how many people have given up on lynch.
    i am surprised that there's anyone who hasn't given up on him. . .

8. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I've been thinking about that a lot, I don't think we will, given the opportunity. Too important to keep the defense together IMO
    He's probably going to stay in DC. Notice that Kyle Shanahan jumped to get Garappolo, rather than wait to get Cousins next year. He could think it's too much risk as he's likely to stay there on a long term deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He's probably going to stay in DC. Notice that Kyle Shanahan jumped to get Garappolo, rather than wait to get Cousins next year. He could think it's too much risk as he's likely to stay there on a long term deal.
    I think that bridge is burned, or at least is currently burning. Cousins made out well there by betting on himself, but I can't see the Redskins tagging him a third time which would lead to an insane cap hit, plus all the bad press that would go along with paying a guy above market rate for three years when they could have just signed him to a long term deal.

Plenty of teams still out there in the QB market - he'll get a big deal from someone. Jets are a good possibility for any of the big name FA guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Yeah, when you can't beat the guy who's been stinking up the joint for the last several weeks that doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    In theory, he can still be learning and progressing. He was a "project" after all. I just haven't seen any sign of that. We can't go into next year hoping he lives up to his potential.

13. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Well, we're all assuming he'll be better than Siemian, but those numbers aren't very positive. Eagles are going to go giraffe hunting this Sunday as he slowly ambles around the pocket.
    I don't think anyone is assuming anything other than we'll lose on Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm sure we will still suck, but at least the puns, and whining and rage, will feel fresh.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Yeah funny enough, I think Brandon Marshall (NYG) said it best regarding that.. Skip tweeted "If Shanahan opted for Jimmy G over Kirk what does that say about Kirk?" Brandon Marshall hit the nail on the head.. "One was available and the other wasn't".

I don't think Kirk will be available at all. I think he'll be locked down in Washington on a long term deal

I don't think anyone is assuming anything other than we'll lose on Sunday.
    We agree on that one!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

We agree on that one!
    We'll always be given an opportunity to win with our defense. I don't know how Brock will perform, but the only consistent thing through the years is our defense.

I think that bridge is burned, or at least is currently burning. Cousins made out well there by betting on himself, but I can't see the Redskins tagging him a third time which would lead to an insane cap hit, plus all the bad press that would go along with paying a guy above market rate for three years when they could have just signed him to a long term deal.

Plenty of teams still out there in the QB market - he'll get a big deal from someone. Jets are a good possibility for any of the big name FA guys.
    He's talking with their owner, Dan Snyder. Cousins says he would like to sign a longterm deal they just low balled him, refusing to commit to anything over $16 M a year. Hw was willing to sign for $19m per. Now it will be a lot more, but they have no choice. If they let him walk the DC media will crucify them. They remain committed to doing a long term deal, they just didn't think he had proved enough yet. Now he has.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information