Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Osweiler is officially starting QB for your Denver Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    The guy the Texans gave away a second round pick to get off their roster, and the Browns paid millions to not have on their roster, is our new starter? And we're all happy? I'm confused I guess. Change for the sake of change.

Let's take the 27 year old qb who was almost forced to retire. I don't mind the change, but you're going to be disappointed if you expect anything different than what we've been seeing
    Happy? No. Understanding this is a better option? Yes.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    Relying on Brock Osweiler to be this offense's savior is akin to sitting in a burning house, closing your eyes and pretending everything is fine.

How inspiring.
    He is gonna get wrecked vs Phillys front 7.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Unless he lights it up he is probably holding it down just until Lynch is ready in a few weeks, but regardless...a change was needed.

Who knows, he might do ok. He has been in the system before, and has rapport with DT and Sanders.

If he plays well enough to move the chains and score some TDs then I expect he will hold the job until next training camp.
    Do you mean "Lynch is physically able to play in a couple of weeks" or "Lynch is mentally ready to play?"

Because it doesn't look like Lynch will ever be ready mentally. They will put him in soon anyway unless Brock plays lights out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He is gonna get wrecked vs Phillys front 7.
    Is that as much as saying that the Bronco's main problem on offense is the OL, and a QB change will not help?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Relying on Brock Osweiler to be this offense's savior is akin to sitting in a burning house, closing your eyes and pretending everything is fine.

How inspiring.
    The Broncos don't have a franchise QB, that's all. That's what it looks like. "Just don't turn the be all and they are in every game and have a chance to win." -- Dave Logan, KOA. Can Osweiler do that? "Can Paxton play in every game and give them a chance to win? That's the question."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Guys, our last QB threw 3 INT's against the Chiefs, didn't even score against the Chargers, and lost against an 0-5 team in which we were never even close to winning.

No Brock isn't a top 10 QB, but if you're shocked by us being happy that TS is benched, you must be living under a rock.

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

How inspiring.
    That analogy would be if Trevor was still starting.

This is more akin to getting a glass of water from the faucet and throwing it on the flames hoping that will contain the inferno.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Is that as much as saying that the Bronco's main problem on offense is the OL, and a QB change will not help?
    It will help a LOT if Giraffe #1 doesn't turn the ball over three times a game on incredibly stupid throws. Will that be enough to win outright? Possibly. At least they wouldn't be doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That analogy would be if Trevor was still starting.

This is more akin to getting a glass of water from the faucet and throwing it on the flames hoping that will contain the inferno.
    No, this is more like getting rid of a fireman who is constantly pouring gasoline on the blaze. The fire might not burn so hot if you just stop doing that.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I am shocked how many people have given up on lynch.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I want to either, see him next year in pre-season, or week 15 IF this season is over for us.

I personally hated this dudes guts last year from his play, but I also realize he's a rookie and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he's matured, and studied the playbook. I want him to succeed, I just don't think it's beneficial for him to play any time soon.

17. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Has he ever shown signs of turning into a QB who can read NFL defenses? No. He would have shown something by now if he was ever going to do anything. At least some sign. But, no. He was badly beaten out of a job by a guy who really sucks. I loved the pick when they took him. But, it's over. He's just a busted pick. Better get used to it. The QB of the future isn't on the roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Has he ever shown signs of turning into a QB who can read NFL defenses? No. He would have shown something by now if he was ever going to do anything. At least some sign. But, no. He was badly beaten out of a job by a guy who really sucks. I loved the pick when they took him. But, it's over. He's just a busted pick. Better get used to it. The QB of the future isn't on the roster.
    We haven't actually seen Chad Kelly suck yet, so I'm hopeful!

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

From bad QB play to more bad QB play, with the option of probably even worse QB play still on the bench.

I think it's just time to start hoping they can somehow find a QB this offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    From bad QB play to more bad QB play, with the option of probably even worse QB play still on the bench.

I think it's just time to start hoping they can somehow find a QB this offseason.
    I am already looking forward to overpaying Kirk Cousins in a few months.

23. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information