Page 149 of 223 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lots of really good execs whiff on quarterbacks.
    My point is that if we have front office people, and they can only whiff on QB's, if that's a foregone conclusion, we have the wrong people.

I don't think it is - but I also don't buy that there isn't a QB in two draft classes worth moving up for, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Does that mean we continue to neglect finding a real young talent at the position?

Because Flacco isn't very good, neither is CK.

I don't want another lost season where we pretend to be contenders. I'm hoping that this isn't the case, but if you plopped a healthy Flacco onto this team it isn't a playoff team.

Flacco isn't a long term answer and he's certainly not a short term answer, either.
    Flacco might have few years left in him but why take that chance?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My point is that if we have front office people, and they can only whiff on QB's, if that's a foregone conclusion, we have the wrong people.

I don't think it is - but I also don't buy that there isn't a QB in two draft classes worth moving up for, either.
    Ah. I misunderstood. I agree. You draft a quarterback and then draft another one if that doesn’t work. I, however, do understand why you would go for a bridge year this year. Last year, I did not understand the move.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So let's assume someone steps up, do you think they'll fall to 18 or 19?

We either stuck with case in 2019 and draft a QB in 2020, or we sign someone and draft someone in 2020.

Winning games cost us a young badass.
    Assuming that Denver is drafting that low, what's say Elway doesn't move up? He has moved up a few occasions. Nothing ever exists in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Ah. I misunderstood. I agree. You draft a quarterback and then draft another one if that doesn’t work. I, however, do understand why you would go for a bridge year this year. Last year, I did not understand the move.
    Last year Elway didn't want to move up and pay the price for Mayfield or Darnold. He didn't take Rosen because of fundamental politic issues. He didn't take Allen because...Allen is a huge project and we had one on the roster already.

Last year there were plenty of QB's.

This year we'll have to see. I would hate to have to sit back and regret Chubb because we didn't have the fortitude to cut bait with PL.

It's hard to believe that we didn't see a QB that we believed could be the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

The biggest reason I hated the Keenum signing was because we wouldn’t be bad enough to get a top pick but not good enough to be good. Nothing in 13 games has changed that opinion. Mediocrity shouldn’t be rewarded with $18 million a year

That being said, if we can identify a good QB in the draft, we can make a move to get him. Consider that the Chiefs were better than us two years ago but managed to move up for Mahomes while we pretended Lynch was good. Hopefully we’re wise enough to find our guy when he presents himself

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Last year Elway didn't want to move up and pay the price for Mayfield or Darnold. He didn't take Rosen because of fundamental politic issues. He didn't take Allen because...Allen is a huge project and we had one on the roster already.

Last year there were plenty of QB's.

This year we'll have to see. I would hate to have to sit back and regret Chubb because we didn't have the fortitude to cut bait with PL.

It's hard to believe that we didn't see a QB that we believed could be the man.
    I don't where you got your information I doubt it's veracity. Cleveland wasn't going to move out of the top slot and to get Mayfield and Jet were also set on getting Darnold at three. Btw we don't know if Denver tried to move or not. Also, from what I can remember there was an indication that if Darnold was not the target of the Jets Elway would have taken him at five. Elway isn't stupid he didn't because Rosen politics he passed on him because he had huge questions as a matter of fact that was true of all the top five quarterbacks in this past draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't where you got your information I doubt it's veracity. Cleveland wasn't going to move out of the top slot and to get Mayfield and Jet were also set on getting Darnold at three. Btw we don't know if Denver tried to move or not. Also, from what I can remember there was an indication that if Darnold was not the target of the Jets Elway would have taken him at five. Elway isn't stupid he didn't because Rosen politics he passed on him because he had huge questions as a matter of fact that was true of all the top five quarterbacks in this past draft.
    Denver had trade framework in place to trade to two if Cleveland passed on Mayfield.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I actually like this upcoming class better then last year. Not as many big names (unless Herbert and Haskin forgo their senior years) but some really good depth and talent.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I actually like this upcoming class better then last year. Not as many big names (unless Herbert and Haskin forgo their senior years) but some really good depth and talent.
    I dont know if this class will be better or worse than last years BUT i do think Denver needs to consider still taking one somewhere in the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know if this class will be better or worse than last years BUT i do think Denver needs to consider still taking one somewhere in the draft.
    That's a given. The question is the system they want to run and finding a good QB that fits that system.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Gil Brandt said he’d bet that Herbert declares for ‘19 draft, there’s also a chance that Daniel Jones declares.

Too bad the Broncos won’t consider either of them.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    He passed on Rosen for political reasons, that’s the only question mark he had and it wasn’t “huge”.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Brees is 40ish, I’d be surprised if the Saints let him walk. Teddy is their bridge to remaining competitive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    The biggest reason I hated the Keenum signing was because we wouldn’t be bad enough to get a top pick but not good enough to be good. Nothing in 13 games has changed that opinion. Mediocrity shouldn’t be rewarded with $18 million a year

That being said, if we can identify a good QB in the draft, we can make a move to get him. Consider that the Chiefs were better than us two years ago but managed to move up for Mahomes while we pretended Lynch was good. Hopefully we’re wise enough to find our guy when he presents himself

Chef fans get to watch Mahomes sling left-handed passes and 20-yard-no-look-passes, we get to watch Case Keenum.

FML

#QBEnvyIsReal
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information