Page 121 of 223 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Legimate question: if Elway really wanted to fire VJ, don't you think he would've done it by now?

Elway wants him to succeed and is going to use every excuse possible to justify keeping him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Legimate question: if Elway really wanted to fire VJ, don't you think he would've done it by now?

Elway wants him to succeed and is going to use every excuse possible to justify keeping him.
    If he doesn't think there anyone who could come in and do a better job then could easily stop from firing him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm here for you King, even if we weren't style brothers anymore.
    We're running it back. I fell last night brother, but I've been saved.

Put on those shiny shoes, boys. Get to dancing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If Elway keeps VJ then he gotta go himself. Period.

The only possible reason to keep him other than foolish pride would be refusal to pay another Coaches dismissed/resigning salary.

No way he doesnt get the boot.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Of course Elway wants him to succeed. He wouldn't have been hired or retained this year otherwise. Elway doesn't like admitting he's wrong though. Unless there's an obvious successor right now, Elway can delay admitting this particular failure until later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post

Of course Elway wants him to succeed. He wouldn't have been hired or retained this year otherwise. Elway doesn't like admitting he's wrong though. Unless there's an obvious successor right now, Elway can delay admitting this particular failure until later.
    Mcmahon.....ours.....hell A dead Ed Mcmahon is probably better at situational football than our current coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh, fine. . . gimme a hug, you sexy beast!
    Dog understands pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Like Paxton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Not necessarily. There are limited benefits other than pride to to cut him loose now. If we were still getting blown out and embarrassed I could see him getting fired to save face, we aren't. We've been competitive in almost every game and we've actually gotten progressively better defensively every week since he took over playcalling duties.

At this point, it makes more sense to wait until the season is over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We're running it back. I fell last night brother, but I've been saved.

Put on those shiny shoes, boys. Get to dancing!
    Oh shit, we back! Time to go style on some mofos.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Oh shit, we back! Time to go style on some mofos.
    We goin' fire VJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Good God! Of course Elway wants Vance to succeed! Why would he want his team to fail? What sort of painful absurdity is that?

But, he knows, like everybody knows, that's not going to happen.

Since you post this as a serious question, I'll respond seriously. Of course not!

WHY on earth would you or anybody expect Elway to fire Vance Joseph DURING THE SEASON? Because a bunch of fans are butt hurt and want Vance fired "TODAY! Today I tell you!"

Then what are you going to demand next week when that solves exactly nothing and the team tanks worse than ever? I.e. when it looks like the end of last season?

Who are they going to get during the season who's better? There are only 2 candidates: DC Joe Woods and OC Bill Musgrave. They both suck and are getting fired along with Vance. Why would Elway want either of them as interim head coach?

Personally, I would like to see Vance fired today, but only because I think they need to lose at least 12 games and blow this team up and start over. But, NFL teams normally don't fire the coach during the season. There's normally nobody better they can replace him with during the season.

The only reason this team is going to win any more games this season is that they play the Raiders once, the Browns and the 49ers, teams that are even worse than the Broncos! So, their record is pretty much guaranteed to be no worse than 6-10, with them beating exactly NO team with a winning record.

Vance will be fired in January, and that is only about 60 days from now. Nothing really can prevent it at this point. The playoffs are a distant memory and they are just playing out the string.

But, Elway wants his players playing hard and trying to win, not deliberately tanking like the Raiders who are actively trying to lose!

So, he's waiting until January when the season officially ends to fire Joseph. And then the new head coaching search begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not necessarily. There are limited benefits other than pride to to cut him loose now. If we were still getting blown out and embarrassed I could see him getting fired to save face, we aren't. We've been competitive in almost every game and we've actually gotten progressively better defensively every week since he took over playcalling duties.

At this point, it makes more sense to wait until the season is over.
    Obviously this is right. I don't even understand those fans who are freaking out and demanding "Instant action! NOW I tell you!" WHY?

?What on earth will it accomplish? Vance is deader than the last season of Walking Dead. He has zero chance of keeping his job unless they suddenly turn this season around and start winning every game from here on out and finish the season on a 6 game winning streak or something.

And we all know THAT ain't happening. Unicorns will fly out of your butts first guys!

So, who could they replace him with NOW? Every good coach is currently employed. The only ones who are not, are those who have already been fired from their previous jobs.

Of course, the team might give up totally at some point as the losses pile up. But, that doesn't seem to be happening so far and we're 9 games into the season, so the default assumption is that this team will continue to try hard --- and still win 6 games. And then the entire coaching staff will be fired of course.

So will most of the players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Mcmahon.....ours.....hell A dead Ed Mcmahon is probably better at situational football than our current coach
    Hiyooo
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

So now Vance Joseph having success is what Elway will risk his career and reputation for?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information