Page 72 of 223 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think if it happens, the bye week is the most likely time. Maybe sooner if we get blown out by the Rams then lose to the Cardinals.
    How much will it sting if Rosen looks like Brady against us? knowing we could have drafted the dude and actually had a reasonable QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How much will it sting if Rosen looks like Brady against us? knowing we could have drafted the dude and actually had a reasonable QB.
    This rookie class seems special so far. I think it's very possible we could regret having a top 5 pick in that draft and not getting a QB for a long time. It sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

How much will it sting if Rosen looks like Brady against us?
    A cheating metrosexual? I'll be fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, unfortunately ownership is in disarray.
    We should see another 2-4 years of this shit until the youngest Bowlen girl gets her "qualification" in order to run the team. I wonder if there is a drop dead date where they would sell the team instead of leaving it in limbo?

6. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    This organization needs a change at the very top.

We need an owner who can hold the GM accountable.

We need a GM who is accountable and has the right amount of power.

We need a good HC and assistants, which is easier if you have stable ownership and GM's.

We need a franchise QB, which again needs to come from a good GM.
    It's hard to envision a GM having a worse year than Elway did in 2017.

First, he runs off Kubiak at the end of the 2016 season (a respected and serviceable NFL coach)... The company line is that he had medical issues, but we know from reading between the lines that it was medical issues + a demanding boss who wanted him to change his ways and get rid of longtime assistant coaches. And granted, Kubiak's offense looked vanilla and dated, but we couldn't have known what a downgrade was in store.

Then he hires VJ in January 2017, whose defense ranked towards the bottom of the league. Elway goes on to compile one of the worst draft classes of all time... And because of how awful his personnel moves were, Joe Ellis wouldn't let him fire the coach who is obviously incompetent.

Then the top free agent QB doesn't have us on his short list because of the obvious uncertainty at the top.

I'm happy that amidst all this Elway & Co. seemed to salvage a pretty good 2018 draft class (albeit with no QB of the future and Rosen looking pretty good down in AZ) - but it shouldn't be all that surprising that the team is in the state that it's in.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well Darnold already looked like Manning so its a big possibility. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This rookie class seems special so far. I think it's very possible we could regret having a top 5 pick in that draft and not getting a QB for a long time. It sucks.
    I think it is a bad idea to get too high or too low on any rookie. After three years we should know if these guys will pan out or not. Some of them might even get hurt and fade away. In the last 30 years, only 50% of the top 10 picks (that were QB's) actually turned into franchise quality QB's for various reasons.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It's hard to envision a GM having a worse year than Elway did in 2017.

First, he runs off Kubiak at the end of the 2016 season (a respected and serviceable NFL coach)... The company line is that he had medical issues, but we know from reading between the lines that it was medical issues + a demanding boss who wanted him to change his ways and get rid of longtime assistant coaches. And granted, Kubiak's offense looked vanilla and dated, but we couldn't have known what a downgrade was in store.

Then he hires VJ in January 2017, whose defense ranked towards the bottom of the league. Elway goes on to compile one of the worst draft classes of all time... And because of how awful his personnel moves were, Joe Ellis wouldn't let him fire the coach who is obviously incompetent.

Then the top free agent QB doesn't have us on his short list because of the obvious uncertainty at the top.

I'm happy that amidst all this Elway & Co. seemed to salvage a pretty good 2018 draft class (albeit with no QB of the future and Rosen looking pretty good down in AZ) - but it shouldn't be all that surprising that the team is in the state that it's in.
    Kubiak being back in the building almost immediately and still having an obviously good relationship with John makes the "read between the lines" narrative about him completely silly IMO.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Kubiak being back in the building almost immediately and still having an obviously good relationship with John makes the "read between the lines" narrative about him completely silly IMO.
    Somehow I knew that'd be controversial, even though it shouldn't be... They came to a professional impasse - Kubiak didn't want to reinvent himself at that stage in his career, with medical issues, and go find new assistants - Elway didn't think the status quo was working. In theory, it wasn't a terrible decision by either of them - it's just that Elway botched the replacement.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I think it is a bad idea to get too high or too low on any rookie. After three years we should know if these guys will pan out or not. Some of them might even get hurt and fade away. In the last 30 years, only 50% of the top 10 picks (that were QB's) actually turned into franchise quality QB's for various reasons.
    I get that, but even if only two of the four pan out, it's going to hurt not having gotten one of them.

We’re not beating the Rams with any coach, so that part doesn’t matter. If we lose to an anemic Cardinals team on that Thursday though, that’s five in a row. That’s the next likely time to get rid of this guy if it’s happening at all in season

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The worst part for me is this creeping apathy. Knowing full well that we will be out-coached every week is disheartening.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    We’re not beating the Rams with any coach, so that part doesn’t matter. If we lose to an anemic Cardinals team on that Thursday though, that’s five in a row. That’s the next likely time to get rid of this guy if it’s happening at all in season
    Didn't realize that was a Thursday game. Yeah, I'd fully agree then that that's when we'll see the plug pulled if we lose these next two.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Yeah, it was obvious before the season was over that Kubiak was going to step down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information