Page 146 of 223 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Because it will take two or more years for a rookie head coach to learn how to win in the NFL, and there's no certainty that the next "start-coordinator inevitable head coach" will actually pan out (see about every former Belichick assistant for examples).
    Is this like your "Offensive lineman can't start in year 1" philosophy?

Because if so, then it is definitely the opposite of what you say (which is a theme a lot of the time, anyway).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm just over it. It is waaaaay too long of an offseason to hope for draft picks and losses. I want other fans of other teams to feel my misery! Plus it always feels good to beat the Raiders and we need to win a home game against the Browns to stem this crappy season a bit. The Chargers game is a wash at this point, I got nothing against Phyllis.
    We can't lose to the Raiders or the Browns. Can't do it, boys.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Not at $20+ million in addition to the dead money Keenum would cost us. No thanks. We'll have to deal with Keenum for next year as I don't see any obvious upgrades in FA or the draft (Flacco is not worth what someone will pay him) so we should just get used to it.
    Most of Flacco's "cap number" is bonus money already paid by the Ravens. The cap charge a new team would take is a more reasonable $16 million or so. Flacco makes sense from a financial standpoint, and would leave the Broncos spending $26 million on QBs with $10 million off the books the next year.

Freaking clown...

Does that mean we continue to neglect finding a real young talent at the position?

Because Flacco isn't very good, neither is CK.

I don't want another lost season where we pretend to be contenders. I'm hoping that this isn't the case, but if you plopped a healthy Flacco onto this team it isn't a playoff team.

Flacco isn't a long term answer and he's certainly not a short term answer, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Does that mean we continue to neglect finding a real young talent at the position?

I don't want another lost season where we pretend to be contenders. I'm hoping that this isn't the case, but if you plopped a healthy Flacco onto this team it isn't a playoff team.

Flacco isn't a long term answer and he's certainly not a short term answer, either.
    I disagree that Flacco wouldn't make this team a playoff team. And no, he's not the long term answer, but I a disagree about his ability to be a short term solution. He's an upgrade over Keenum and with our running game, I do feel like he gives us that edge. In the meantime, Elway has to recognize that he's going to need a QB and start planning for a long term solution in the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I disagree that Flacco wouldn't make this team a playoff team. And no, he's not the long term answer, but I a disagree about his ability to be a short term solution. He's an upgrade over Keenum and with our running game, I do feel like he gives us that edge. In the meantime, Elway has to recognize that he's going to need a QB and start planning for a long term solution in the draft.
    You think Flacco will give a shit in Denver? Because he hasn’t for several years in Baltimore.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

So Joseph calls out players and expects them to be accountable, meanwhile he takes none himself and blames everyone/everything. No leader of men, no kicking and screaming.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You think Flacco will give a shit in Denver? Because he hasn’t for several years in Baltimore.

You’re probably right and that’s what scares me the most about Flacco. I really don’t think he gives af. He reminds me of Cutler a bit. A guy with all of the tools but is non chalant and no energy, kinda like Jeb Bush.

But would still be an upgrade over what’s here now, sadly.

Kelly really blew it.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Will Elway swallow his pride and fire this noob?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Will Elway swallow his pride and fire this noob?
    Earliest will be when we're eliminated from the playoffs.

It'll likely be an end of the year firing.

17. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    So Joseph calls out players and expects them to be accountable, meanwhile he takes none himself and blames everyone/everything. No leader of men, no kicking and screaming.
    Is there anyone here that didn't at minimum roll their eyes at Von's penalties? Three of them, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Flacco sucks, but he would def make us a playoff team. He has made the ravens with a worse roster than ours a playoff team. He bloooows but he is better than CK. That said, I do not want him here. Lets get a QB in the draft. Call it a day. Some other QB will be available this year too. I am still hoping for a 3 team trade with the faiders. They trade Carr to the giants. We trade a 2nd and a player to the giants for Carr. something like that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Flacco sucks, but he would def make us a playoff team. He has made the ravens with a worse roster than ours a playoff team. He bloooows but he is better than CK. That said, I do not want him here. Lets get a QB in the draft. Call it a day. Some other QB will be available this year too. I am still hoping for a 3 team trade with the faiders. They trade Carr to the giants. We trade a 2nd and a player to the giants for Carr. something like that.
    I want a quarterback in the draft, too, but I see why people are looking at stop-gaps: Keenum for another year, Flacco, etc. There’s just not much in this year’s draft. Chubb is a fantastic player who is going to star in Denver for years, and that’s the goal of a first round pick. The consequence is, Denver missed on the quarterback year.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Is there anyone here that didn't at minimum roll their eyes at Von's penalties? Three of them, BTW.
    He's gonna get penalties every now and then. Especially when facing a newish QB that doesn't have much tape. Most of what makes Von so good is anticipating the snap and jumping based on the snap count. He's one of the best in the league at it. Occasionally he's going to face a QB whose cadence throws him off.

I didn't roll my eyes at all, heck, even the announcer pointed out when they were happening that it happens from time to time with Von and he's so good at what he does that it's not a huge deal.

I have no issues with Vance taking Von off the field for the penalties. It's the calling him out and blaming him for the outcome of that drive that bugs me. Especially when the numbskull's challenges (both the one he did, and the one he should have but didn't) had a direct and negative impact to the game.

VJ loves to call out players. He loves to talk about how the players need to play better and execute his game plan better. He also loves to say there is nothing wrong with the gameplan and it is execution...

The guy can't take serious responsibility for anything. He loves to throw those around him under the bus at a moments notice and this is just another example of it.

24. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information